Thread: Basic Modding

Thanks

Talking Basic Modding

okay, well iv been modding Combat arms files for awhile now and i started with doing texture MODS so thats what ima start with today. So the most important thing to know is how to extract ur files into folders to get deeper into them and how to inject your files back into your game folder. Alright first things first it to texture MOD you will need and version of Photoshop and the Plug in which you can download at the bottom. Next thing you will need is RezXtract which again you can download at the bottom, RezInject, and the DTXveiwer/Converter.

Okay now that u have everyting that you need we can get started. Today we will be texture modding the M16A3(Default Gun).
    1.) to get started first u open up your "RezXtract" and you look for "GUNS_T_PV_AR.rez" which T means "Texture", extract that. When the extraction is complete you can then close that out.

2.) next you go to your Combat Arms/Game folder and you will see the extractor has made a folder Called "GUNS_T_PV_AR". leave that be till we need to use it.

3.) Next you would open up your DTX Converter and look for "PV_M16A3" when it comes up in your converter you then click "convert to LithTech" Once that is complete, KEEP IT OPEN BECAUSE YOU STILL NEED IT!!!

4.) Next you then take your "plugins" open it and look for msvcrtd.dll and msvcirtd.dll, when you find them highlight them both, click cut and open up your photshop folder and paste them in. After you do that you then open up Plug-ins\File Format\ there's a DTXFormat.8bi which goes in the photoshop plugins file formats folder. Now you Photoshop should be able to read .DTX files.

5.) Now heres the fun part, Open up PV_M16A3.DTX in photoshop and MOD away. but theres more steps after this.

6.) When your all done Modding you weapon do file save as click PV_M16A3.DTX (if its not already choosen for you) and save. then flip back over to you DTXConverter and convert to "nexon", you may have to click it a few times, then click clear and you can now close the DTX Converter.

7.) Now we use the REZInjector, ok open up your REZInjector and click teh three dots up near the top right corner, then you scroll down and look for your GUNS_T_PV_AR.rez(not the folder..the FILE!!) and click open, once your done with that look for the "Add" botton on the REZInjector and open up the "GUNS_T_PV_AR" folder and look for "PV_M16A3" click that, the status should say "OK" and then you click inject.

8.) Last thing to do is to go into your CombatArms/Game folder, scroll down and look for "GUNS_T_PV_AR.rezNEW" once you find that take the original copy, CUT IT paste it to were ever you wanna keep it at, and put (original) behind .rez, then take the one that says NEW on it and erase NEW and click whatever comes up its either yes or continue and BOOM! your all done, YOU HAVE JUST MODDED YOUR FIRST GUN!! CONGRATZ!!!
    Last edited by Disturbed; 12-07-2010 at 03:42 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Legitmodder For This Useful Post:

draak01 (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitmodder View Post
    okay, well iv been modding Combat arms files for awhile now and i started with doing texture MODS so thats what ima start with today. So the most important thing to know is how to extract ur files into folders to get deeper into them and how to inject your files back into your game folder. Alright first things first it to texture MOD you will need and version of Photoshop and the Plug in which you can download at the bottom. Next thing you will need is RezXtract which again you can download at the bottom, RezInject, and the DTXveiwer/Converter.

Okay now that u have everyting that you need we can get started. Today we will be texture modding the M16A3(Default Gun).
    1.) to get started first u open up your "RezXtract" and you look for "GUNS_T_PV_AR.rez" which T means "Texture", extract that. When the extraction is complete you can then close that out.

2.) next you go to your Combat Arms/Game folder and you will see the extractor has made a folder Called "GUNS_T_PV_AR". leave that be till we need to use it.

3.) Next you would open up your DTX Converter and look for "PV_M16A3" when it comes up in your converter you then click "convert to LithTech" Once that is complete, KEEP IT OPEN BECAUSE YOU STILL NEED IT!!!

4.) Next you then take your "plugins" open it and look for msvcrtd.dll and msvcirtd.dll, when you find them highlight them both, click cut and open up your photshop folder and paste them in. After you do that you then open up Plug-ins\File Format\ there's a DTXFormat.8bi which goes in the photoshop plugins file formats folder. Now you Photoshop should be able to read .DTX files.

5.) Now heres the fun part, Open up PV_M16A3.DTX in photoshop and MOD away. but theres more steps after this.

6.) When your all done Modding you weapon do file save as click PV_M16A3.DTX (if its not already choosen for you) and save. then flip back over to you DTXConverter and convert to "nexon", you may have to click it a few times, then click clear and you can now close the DTX Converter.

7.) Now we use the REZInjector, ok open up your REZInjector and click teh three dots up near the top right corner, then you scroll down and look for your GUNS_T_PV_AR.rez(not the folder..the FILE!!) and click open, once your done with that look for the "Add" botton on the REZInjector and open up the "GUNS_T_PV_AR" folder and look for "PV_M16A3" click that, the status should say "OK" and then you click inject.

8.) Last thing to do is to go into your CombatArms/Game folder, scroll down and look for "GUNS_T_PV_AR.rezNEW" once you find that take the original copy, CUT IT paste it to were ever you wanna keep it at, and put (original) behind .rez, then take the one that says NEW on it and erase NEW and click whatever comes up its either yes or continue and BOOM! your all done, YOU HAVE JUST MODDED YOUR FIRST GUN!! CONGRATZ!!!
    No Disrespected but this been done already i did it and so as others D:
    PlayStation ID:
    Boxing509

Quote Originally Posted by pushdis15
    Women now have choices. They can be married, not married, have a job, not have a job, be married with children, unmarried with children. Men have the same choice we've always had: work, or prison.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    where the heck is are the downloads, and if this isnt the original please reply this with a link so i can go to the original, thx.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by kathrik99 View Post
    where the heck is are the downloads, and if this isnt the original please reply this with a link so i can go to the original, thx.
    i dont think we can post downloads in a tut bcz i did and they took them out so idk
    PlayStation ID:
    Boxing509

Quote Originally Posted by pushdis15
    Women now have choices. They can be married, not married, have a job, not have a job, be married with children, unmarried with children. Men have the same choice we've always had: work, or prison.

Thanks
    i put every download in there with a virus scan, even added my photoshop with the plug ins already added, so ill post em but im just saying

Thanks
    ok heres the downloads

Thanks
    WOW. Nice double post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mons] View Post
    WOW. Nice double post
    It was the greatest 9 month double post of all time

Thanks
    My Mood