Thread: SAM & Game API

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

SAM & Game API

Few months ago one guy with ton of hours was banned supposedly for achievement cheats, quoting dev's answer:

...you were found to change the Steamworks API for our game through a third-party software. This is, as clearly stated on our forums, a reason to get banned.
    If you still believe that you are being judged for a Steam glitch, then you are encouraged to contact their support team and ask them to look into your achievements and how they were handled.
    Does it mean they can see if your achievement was obtained ingame or through SAM? What about removing achievements, like you will reset them and then legitimately obtain ingame - can they check this or it's safe? any thoughts?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by bs! View Post
    Few months ago one guy with ton of hours was banned supposedly for achievement cheats, quoting dev's answer:

Does it mean they can see if your achievement was obtained ingame or through SAM? What about removing achievements, like you will reset them and then legitimately obtain ingame - can they check this or it's safe? any thoughts?
    I don't think they can see if you got the achievement from SAM.
    I reset my achievements and put them all back on the same day and it's been a month and no ban yet..

Just stay on the low and keep your profile on private to reduce reports from others because that was probably caused him to get the ban.
    Last edited by Bixkk; 09-17-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Not gonna keep profile on private, and what the reason if you don't think they can see.. except your achievements have the same time. That banned guy doesn't even have 2 achievements that were unlocked at the same time.

And I guess in his appeal devs could ask steam support about his achievements.
    Last edited by bs!; 09-17-2017 at 03:18 AM.