Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Would not advise you try, as far as I know, you can serve jail time for this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysenPVG View Post
    Yup the FBI doesn't have to stop criminals selling thousands of dollars worth in drugs and murdering people.

The FBI has to stop a couple of kids exploiting a bug in a video game.
    New

Current Project:
    SimpleExaltHack

Outdated stuff I made in the past:
    Famebot
    Clientless tradebot
    RotMG ping checker
    Zautonexus crack

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to New For This Useful Post:

A_Random_Idiot (07-11-2016),epasca (07-11-2016),Luis (07-08-2016),Lunatic's Sheep (07-08-2016),Lxys (07-08-2016),Nyaro (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    If you were really that worried about being arrested by the FBI you could always hide behind a few proxies/VPNs. Anyways, the FBI is a bit busy with a certain presidential candidate at the moment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ View Post
    If you were really that worried about being arrested by the FBI you could always hide behind a few proxies/VPNs. Anyways, the FBI is a bit busy with a certain presidential candidate at the moment.
    Hes probably just try to scare us that only he could get free gold lol

Thanks
    Could Kabam/Deca Games patch this? Stupid question coming from someone who knows nothing on packet stuff
    Premium Member | June 29, 2016
    Aura to Kate | January 2, 2018
    Realm of the Mad God Minion | July 16, 2020 - Present

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Unique Otaku View Post
    Could Kabam/Deca Games patch this? Stupid question coming from someone who knows nothing on packet stuff
    Patchable? Probably. There's a term in networking used to describe the maximum bytes of data that can be sent in a communication system (MTU, I think? Correct me if I'm wrong.) Not sure if the same concept in networking can be applied to RotMG but Kabam won't do shit, so if the DECA developers set up a system to detect too many packets from an IP and blacklist the account used on the IP then maybe it is possible. Spamming packets is definitely detectable, but without a way to figure out where they are coming from then it cannot be stopped.

The only real way that it could be completely stopped would likely be if the game was moved to a new platform - it's currently too susceptible to exploits and abuse. I don't know of many money or gold exploits for multiplayer games that are on steam and weren't developed for play in a browser.

Take Trove for example, I've never heard of a concrete exploit for the currency in that game likely because of the platform it was developed on. Kabam spent too much time making cheap, useless crap bundles to pay attention to the security of their game and admin accounts (looking at you SwatSec). There are/were so many backdoors in this game I couldn't even count.
    Last edited by JJ; 07-08-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ View Post
    Patchable? Probably. There's a term in networking used to describe the maximum bytes of data that can be sent in a communication system (MTU, I think? Correct me if I'm wrong.) Not sure if the same concept in networking can be applied to RotMG but Kabam won't do shit, so if the DECA developers set up a system to detect too many packets from an IP and blacklist the account used on the IP then maybe it is possible. Spamming packets is definitely detectable, but without a way to figure out where they are coming from then it cannot be stopped.

The only real way that it could be completely stopped would likely be if the game was moved to a new platform - it's currently too susceptible to exploits and abuse. I don't know of many money or gold exploits for multiplayer games that are on steam and weren't developed for play in a browser.

Take Trove for example, I've never heard of a concrete exploit for the currency in that game likely because of the platform it was developed on. Kabam spent too much time making cheap, useless crap bundles to pay attention to the security of their game and admin accounts (looking at you SwatSec). There are/were so many backdoors in this game I couldn't even count.
    If they actually had any good infrastructure in place that allowed them to view all the logs /packets or w/e sent from individuals they would be able to patch it in a heart-beat.

- - - Updated - - -

Under what law?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by CJacko View Post
    Under what law?
    New

Current Project:
    SimpleExaltHack

Outdated stuff I made in the past:
    Famebot
    Clientless tradebot
    RotMG ping checker
    Zautonexus crack

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    i am 30% sure ik the last step XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Slendergo View Post
    i am 30% sure ik the last step XD
    so dont be shy plz tell us how.
    Last edited by dovis1995; 07-08-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    Someone has found the method, whether or not they'll be releasing it is another question, it might still be worth others trying to do it too! Goodluck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PKTINOS View Post
    Yup the FBI doesn't have to stop criminals selling thousands of dollars worth in drugs and murdering people.

The FBI has to stop a couple of kids exploiting a bug in a video game.
    police does, guy from my school got up to judge because he found a way to use cybercafe computer for free, he didnt go jail cuz too young, but his parent paid lot of money for "damage&moral" stuff

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ReySharlLel View Post
    police does, guy from my school got up to judge because he found a way to use cybercafe computer for free, he didnt go jail cuz too young, but his parent paid lot of money for "damage&moral" stuff
    Comparing stealing to exploiting, two different things my friend.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ReySharlLel View Post
    Nobody. Will. Care. This isn't carding. It's not fraud. From what I can tell you are in fact purchasing gold. Just abusing a exploit in THEIR servers

If I go to a gumball machine and put in my quarter, but I get 100 gumballs. Can I be in trouble? Fuck no. Also deca would be in no position to hire a lawyer for the investigation. Nor would it be worth their money/time

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    so easy a Jacko could do it.. anyways i think right before you check out for your gold (5$ worth) you have another window open with the url for the 100$ checkout then swap the 100$ URL and the 5$ url.. pay ur 5 and get ur realm of the mad baller monie! feel free to tweak this if i'm in any way close.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast