Thanks

All about Ketogenic diet

This diet is going all around the internet and I am curious to give it a try. But I can't just take taking in too many fats and starve yourself for a longer time. Is this even possible? Please advise.

Thanks
    They say it is really effective, imagine you can eat almost everything except carbs and sugar. I am thinking of giving it a try though, but haven't decided yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I find this stupid, tbh
    it may worsen your case.

- - - Updated - - -

It may work for some, but taking too much fat is not good at all in my perspective.

Thanks
    It's not about eating no carbs or "starving yourself". It's about high fats, high protein, and low carbs; it's nothing more than a normal eating regime but with different macros eaten than normal. Normally, the carbohydrates contained in food are converted into glucose, which is then transported around the body. However, if there is very little carbohydrate in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The ketone bodies pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source. This has been proven to be beneficial for some individuals in weight loss and other aspects of health, but it doesn't not mean it will help everyone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sasori~ For This Useful Post:

Warrenous (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    ik this inst related to thread but ; Can someone explain why people are saying fizzy drinks are bad? I can't drink water . Is Pepsi max that bad for you . I want to loose a little weight and gain muscle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy Realm View Post
    ik this inst related to thread but ; Can someone explain why people are saying fizzy drinks are bad? I can't drink water . Is Pepsi max that bad for you . I want to loose a little weight and gain muscle.
    It's not about "fizzy" drinks being bad it's more what causes the sweetness within them. Aspartame is one of the most common artificial sweeteners used to replace sugar within carbonated drinks. Aspartame has initially no calories which is one of the main reasons it's used in diet soda. The problem with aspartame and other artificial sweeteners is that we haven't thoroughly researched the use of them over extended years and what negatives may be lurking within. Aspartame has been linked to cancer and other diseases from overusing such products. I actually looked at a recent study linking aspartame to Alzheimer's disease and dementia; these are both common diseases you get from aging, so drinking aspartame throughout your life can adhere to getting such diseases. Not to mention using aspartame and other artificial sweeteners may not be a direct cause of a disease for you but it can surely bring out any underlying diseases you may have.

Also keep in mind I am in no way trying to tell you to not drink diet sodas. Nothing is for sure when using a chemical such as aspartame, I am sure plenty of people have drank lots of diet soda for a majority of their lives' and nothing came of it. But several recent studies have been shown to link aspartame to several diseases like I said including cancer, so personally I see no benefit in putting such toxins in my body, but as I said it's your body you can do as you wish. I'd suggest doing some research on aspartame and other artificial sweeteners and you'd be surprised with the stuff they are finding that correlates to the use of these substances.

Also some other advice: Water is 100% hands down the best liquid you can put into your body. Staying hydrated is a major key in staying happy and healthy, but if you really dislike the lack of flavor within water, here are some alternatives to go along with water.

Fruit juices are definitely full of sugar and shouldn't be relied on as a primary drink, but orange juice is full of vitamins and minerals your body needs, and other juices have much needed antioxidants.

Low fat milk isn't a bad alternative as it has minerals as well as calcium which the body needs & protein.

Green Tea is another great drink with good flavor with relatively low sugar and is known to have other beneficial effects.

But like I said keep in mind water should be the #1 thing you drink especially if you are trying to build muscle or be healthy liked you suggested.
    Last edited by sasori~; 12-06-2017 at 01:11 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sasori~ For This Useful Post:

Prodigy Realm (12-15-2017),Sean (12-06-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeesplat View Post
    This diet is going all around the internet and I am curious to give it a try. But I can't just take taking in too many fats and starve yourself for a longer time. Is this even possible? Please advise.
    Tried for a while earlier this year. Hard to maintain since your brain craves for carbs, the first week you may experience a "flu like symptom" but I did it too short for there to be any effects. Do think it works and plan on trying again in the near future, but it's definitely worth giving a shot