Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

I could use some advice

Current body fat: 17.5%

I drink about 2.5 - 3 liters of water a day
    I drink soda only when i go out to eat dinner, which is like once every 2 months (yes, i'm serious i dont go out to eat that much lol. i never have soda at home)

My metabolism goes both ways? Any advice for this?
    I've tried eating 3 meals a day and staying within a certain calorie amount, using online calculators and stuff, to determine how much calories should be protein, fat, etc. but didn't lose or gain any pounds
    and i've also tried intermittent fasting for like 18 hours a day and i don't lose or gain any pounds (if i'm hungry i can literally sleep it off. but i dont lose weight?)

I eat proteins, and vegetables with rice 90% of the time

(My family say I look skinnier because of my combination of dieting and exercising but imo i think my progress is very slow and i'd like some help to be better, faster)

January 2017 I was 142 lbs
    December 2017 I'm now 134 lbs
    I honestly think ^ that is very slow and would like to lose fat faster

I exercise 4 days a week each day is a new thing because i train with recruiters but it is ALOT of cardio with little to no breaks.
    (always high intensity with cycles of push ups, running, pull ups, crunches, and then other exercises. no weights)

Before I did high intensity cardio training I did go to the gym 5 days a week exercising with weights and I did see alot of muscle building from then (because i pretty much started with no muscle)

The only place that I see my fat stored in, and where i want to lose fat is on my stomach, any tips?
    I read that losing fat in the stomach area is mostly dieting but i seem to be having no effect when i change my diet.
    For almost 5-6 months I did the 3 meal plan with MyFitnessPal tracking my caloric intake, and making my % of protein, fats and micronutrients were in order.
    And now for the past 6-7 months I have been (kind-of) intermittent fasting? I pretty much eat when I really want to, but i've timed myself and 90% of the time I only have 1 meal a day and it's every 14-18 hours. (I only drink water and sometimes protein powder mixed w milk but it's not often)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bou View Post
    where i want to lose fat is on my stomach, any tips?
    Sadly you can't spot-reduce fat, you can only burn fat overall.
    Intermittent fasting may or may not work, I've never tried, but personally I think it's just the trendy thing at the moment (and in a few years time everyone will be saying it was a fad).

My advice:
    Just worry about calories and macros.
    Get back on MyFitnessPal, ensure that your height/weight/activity etc. is entirely accurate in your settings, and set your goal to lose weight.
    Be as committed to that as possible, and trust that science will do it's job.
    I've lost and gained weight multiple times just by ignoring the bullshit and staying consistent with a proven method.

Basically, be consistent and you will see results with time, I hope you get the results you're wanting

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

boy (12-26-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Also one good thing to find out is your ideal heart rate to burn fat. Basically when you do cardio, you should try keep your heart rate in a specific range. I don't know how true it is...
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Allura For This Useful Post:

boy (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Burning fat is just CICO (Calories In, Calories Out). Stay in a surplus to gain weight, or a deficit to lose weight.

I don't intermittent fast or count calories (don't have the time). What's worked for me is slowly replacing my meals with more protein/vegetables (fibre) instead of (calorie dense) carbs/sugars. Skipping a dinner every other day doesn't hurt either.

Also, on the days you do cardio, try and skip a dinner. When I did cardio, I found that I'd subconciously eat a bit more to replace the calories I'd lost.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doctorate For This Useful Post:

boy (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    How tall are you? 134lbs is pretty skinny....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hey boss, you shouldn't fast, keep in mind that with losing weight it's about eating right, you might not be eating out or drinking soda however you also need to watch how you make your foods at home. if you go on bodybuilding.com there are many different diets that can resolve this issue, also don't stress about the stomach part as it is very hard to lose fat in that area. keep in mind with the whole dieting and working out area its 85% the kitchen and 15% working out. Best of luck with it man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thoughtful For This Useful Post:

boy (12-28-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaluux View Post
    How tall are you? 134lbs is pretty skinny....
    I'm 5'7" so 134lbs on me doesnt look THAT skinny lol, idk like i said im around 17.5% bf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtful View Post
    Hey boss, you shouldn't fast, keep in mind that with losing weight it's about eating right, you might not be eating out or drinking soda however you also need to watch how you make your foods at home. if you go on bodybuilding.com there are many different diets that can resolve this issue, also don't stress about the stomach part as it is very hard to lose fat in that area. keep in mind with the whole dieting and working out area its 85% the kitchen and 15% working out. Best of luck with it man.
    Thanks, yeah i guess i need to work on my diet alot more because i think i exercise a good amount anyways

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No such thing as spot reduction, fat location is genetically determined. As everyone else said, diet is the most important thing here. As long as you stay below your TDEE you'll lose weight, trust in the process. If you find that you're not losing weight, you're most likely miscounting calories or eating more than you think you are. Use something like myfitnesspal to track macros and calories.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sydney-Life2009 For This Useful Post:

boy (01-05-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Fasted cardio in the morning. Counting calories is fine, but you really want to watch your carbs and fat intake as it's hard to burn those off than it is calories. Remember, you HAVE to eat because if you straight up fast, you body just stores the fat. After you run in the morning (I'd recommend 30-45 minutes) THEN have your first meal of the day.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeBoy21 For This Useful Post:

boy (01-09-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    What is your height?
    I found doing ab workouts intensely after each workout spread out really helped me.
    I got go from flab to abs in 2 weeks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by G35 Freak View Post
    What is your height?
    I found doing ab workouts intensely after each workout spread out really helped me.
    I got go from flab to abs in 2 weeks.
    5'7" and im 133lbs now