Thread: DMAA

Thanks

DMAA

So recently in the past couple of years I've seen a lot of controversial statements on the compound DMAA or 1,3-Dimethylamylamine it's scientific name. If you're wondering what DMAA is, well it's a stimulate that has very similar effect as caffeine but a lot more elevated because it's a lot stronger than caffeine. The controversy caused by this compound was caused when the FDA banned this substance to be used. This substance is very potent and can be very useful if used properly, BUT can also hold some pretty nasty aftereffects. One of the main reasons it's banned is because it is KNOWN to show a false-positive for amphetamines in a drug test, so any athletes using this pre-workout would get flagged,
    and also it can spike blood pressure to a very elevated level. There was a case where some soldiers in the US army took some of this compound (far to much) and ended up dying of heart attacks. So personally I believe this compound can be used safely and effectively, but I wouldn't use it everyday.
    I have personally used this compound several times in pre-workout, but sometimes it can give very very euphoric effects that make the workout seem almost in slow motion.

So that's my opinion on 1,3 dimeth, let me know if you guys have tried it and what you think.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Forewarning here, there is VERY little scientific research done on the long term effects on DMAA. Most of what we know is inferred from similar compounds but this has not been studied in isolation. I would advise some caution to using this for an extended period of time.

Thanks
    Screw being healthy.

Thanks
    A few years back, Jack3d was super popular cuz it had 13DMAA in it, due to lots of pressure by the FDA and government agencies, it got removed from Jack3d products.

Boy was the market for that stuff INSANE, if you were sitting on a stash of it before the ban, you could resell it for 5 times the cost EASILY.

Anyway, I finished a tub of it back in the day and it gave you a slighter better than average preworkout. But it could have been placebo effect.
    Used it 3 days out of a 4 day/week routine. Only took it on major lift days:bench, dl, squat. No issues. You could feel a slight tingle in your skin though, that was weird.

My roommate took a scoop of it and he said his heart was pounding and it felt like his heart was about to explode. It wasn't his first preworkout that he's ever done either.
    Last edited by aznanimality; 02-11-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aznanimality View Post
    My roommate took a scoop of it and he said his heart was pounding and it felt like his heart was about to explode. It wasn't his first preworkout that he's ever done either.
    Someone I know had a similar effect upon taking it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sasori~ View Post
    Someone I know had a similar effect upon taking it.
    Could be genetics/allergy problems. Me and my others friends took it for months with no issues. It was only him that had a bad reaction to it.