Thanks

Thumbs up Earn $40 once and possibly be long-term employment teaching English to Chinese teens

I've been working with a Chinese ESL company called BOXFiSH Education for the past 2 years now, and right now they've opened (streamlined, rather) their recruitment process. They pay a competitive salary of $22/hour, rather $11 per class (10 bucks for the 25min class, 1 buck for leaving a review of the lesson to the kid after you've finished it, saying stuff like can't wait to see you soon, don't forget that we pronounce "indecision" and "review" like this, etc etc).

They pay by PayPal if you earn less than 300 bucks, bank account if you've earned more than 300 bucks during that month.

They've won numerous awards from the Ministry of Education in China for being the only android/ios app that's accepted as part of regular primary/secondary curriculum for learning English in most Beijing schools (they operate in other regions as well, but Beijing is their focal point), you can check them out on Boxfish.cn or their Facebook page if you want to, but they're a legit company that's just bad at responding promptly to new recruits and it's really hard to get in lately since they're having issues on the back-end since their HR/Recruitment also does the communication with the teachers, app reviews, social media, and there's like 3 people doing all that. Basically - it's like VIPKid that you can do from your phone, with much much less barriers of entry, classes (once you get accepted and choose to do this for more)

HOWEVER, that's changed, now they've streamlined the recruitment process with the new update of their iOS/Android app , basically you talk for 5-10 minutes with some random student, the Boxfish guys review the footage, think you're a good fit, and you get recruited!

Basically, to apply for this, you need to be:
    • In possession of a paypal account since that's how you'll get paid, lol.
    • In possession of an iOS or Android device - I'll be honest, both are good, but an iPhone 5 seems to run the app better than a Galaxy S6, it's just more optimized for iOS. But yeah, don't go below an iPhone 5 or like an LG G2/Samsung S4, that's the bare minimum.
    • In possession of headphones/earbuds with a microphone - this is key.
    • 18+ years old (since you need to be 18 for paypal anyways, legally, but yeah, 18+ are the rules)
    • In pursuit of a degree (any 3 year and above university program will do, people studying in a US, Chinese, Canadian or UK universities/colleges are preferred), the major/minor are not necessary to be in education, languages, literature, even STEM related subjects are cool. An already finished degree, or pursuing a Masters or PhD is even better. There is also no upper age limit. As long as you have your own device, a good and reliable connection, and good english, that's it!
    • Teaching experience/certificates are cool but not needed, definitely state them in your CV. They are a big plus. Even rival companies'.
    • A cool dude/dudette with a !NATIVE US ACCENT! This here is key, UK/Aus accents are also accepted, but it needs to be easy to understand or relatively easy to understand, so try your luck and read the article below.
    • Again, anyone who's lived in an English speaking country for over a decade fits the bill,it just needs to be audibly sound, if you know what I mean.
    • A vocaroo recording of yourself reading this article up until the picture of these fine young gentlemen
    • CV in whichever form, nothing too detailed, regular run of the mill CV with a lot of fluff and not that much crunch as most people in their early 20s have (I had a half A4 page CV when I applied for this job, just to give you an illustration, work experience being a gas station attendant for 4 and a half months).

So, steps:
    1. Do the vocaroo recording (or use anything else you like, I personally use vocaroo but sometimes its a bit iffy with certain microphones) reading the article. This is important, *******, **********, megaupload, vocaroo, or mp3, or wav, or flac, whichever, some sort of sound file needs to be sent along with your resume/CV. Don't forget that!
    2. Send that and your CV to my email: sophthefatcat94@gmail.com, also be sure to supply your SKYPE ID as well as the email address you will be using as your login ID for Boxfish (if nothing is mentioned, I assume the one you sent me the email from is your main email address that I'll forward to Boxfish)
    3. Sit tight, for a few days, if all is well, I'll respond, refer you to them (just tell me which e-mail you'll use! It needs to be the same as the one you send me the CV from, since that'll be your username/loginID on the app once they accept your registration). This lets you skip the abysmal queue that people have to wait for to get a response from them by getting into the priority queue via me recommending you!
    4. I refer you so I get 20 bucks if you pass the first few 5-10min Review lessons, and then you get accepted permanently, plus you get 40 once you get accepted and pass a training session (these are a formality, if you do well on the 'Review' class portion, that's pretty much a done deal), and then you can teach regularly if you want to after you get accepted. That's pretty much the whole thing.
    5. You register with them, wait a few days to hear back from them. do the 5-10min conversations (you can see in the screenshot above that you can do quite a few of them, and you get paid for them too), wait for them again to tell you if they liked you and how you taught (you will be notified via email about being accepted permanently), and in the meantime, if you have any questions and hook you up with anything you need!
    6. Profit!
    7. As I mentioned before, once you get accepted as a full-time teacher, you can schedule classes in advance - almost 6 months in advance, and then you just have to show up for them, do them, and that's it, all the lesson material is prepared beforehand, you just download it and that's it. There's different kinds of classes but that's not really important - you can read on about that after you get accepted (or now on their website/facebook page, whichever)

It's really not complicated, the most important thing is having (or rather, not having) an accent! That is the main criterion!

There's a lot of stuff to mention that's probably important but I haven't written it, that's where you guys come in, feel free to ask me anything, in fact - please ask me anything, as the new reddit layout made it hell on earth to format this post and I probably broke a few things along the way.

TL;DR

Really cool company that pays that sweet sweet efficiency wage (econ majors waddup) is expanding their business, they're looking for new hires, they need good people with good accents, so they pay good money to everyone.

NOTE: While I have flaired this as North America only, it is OKAY for lads and ozzies to try their luck too, it's just that most Chinese companies consider native to be neutral USA. I'd still say you have a better chance as a Brit from Souf of Luton yeah fam you get me ya dunno, than some hillbilly or redneck from the US, it's really just the lowest common denominator type thing that's going on. Keep in mind you work with kids who are from 6 to 18 most of the time, they are exposed to Marvel movies (albeit dubbed, lol) and US tv shows (ugh vampire diaries ugh), but also stuff like Sherlock, so yeah, give it a go even if you're UK/Aus! They even mention Can/UK/Aus/USA as their focus countries!

payment proof- these are the $$$ I received via PayPal, ever since last summer I've pretty much been consistently earning over a thousand bucks, which get paid by bank transfer so they're not on my email.

ANY QUESTIONS? ASK!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Hello! This seems like a very cool idea! Could you shoot me a PM? Or your skype? I have some questions.

Also, your links aren't working (At the Vocaroo step)

Thanks
    Might as well look at the reddit theard from beermoney where many questions got already answered. Maybe your question is answered there https://www.reddi*****m/r/beermoney/c...y_be_longterm/

Hmm... seems that I haven't done something properly in the post, I can't edit it or I don't seem to know how to.

Thanks
    Can you ping me on IM?
    Refund?

"You know how to play Spades, Dooky?"