Thread: Opening VPKs

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Opening VPKs

I heard from one of the miners that there is an old TitanFall 1 tool, from 2014, that allows you to open Apex's VPK files.

Can someone help me track it down?

Thanks

Was messing around with the VPK editor. I opened Apex\vpk\englishclient_mp_common.bsp.pak000_dir.vp k and found this. Might be of interest? Could just be something for console players, don't know at the minute.

Edit:
    Contents of the file is this:
    Last edited by OWONECKO; 02-25-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks
    In the englishclient_frontend.bsp.pak000_dir there is a text file called playlists_r5. Inside that file is a setting where the boolean to disable aim assist is turned on. I turned it off, thus enabling aim assist, and repackaged it. It worked in the actual game and when you fired near a body, instead of recoiling up, your aim would "recoil" into a headshot. However, I got greedy and tried to increase the magnet settings from 1 and 1 which I originally changed them to, to 2 and 2 and now the game will not work with the repackaged vpks at all. Any idea on what is going on?

Thanks
    i did find the boolean, enabled it, and repackaged but when i launch the game it crashes, got any advice?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    here is the tool link: https://dev.cra0kalo.com/?p=137

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXiphos View Post
    In the englishclient_frontend.bsp.pak000_dir there is a text file called playlists_r5. Inside that file is a setting where the boolean to disable aim assist is turned on. I turned it off, thus enabling aim assist, and repackaged it. It worked in the actual game and when you fired near a body, instead of recoiling up, your aim would "recoil" into a headshot. However, I got greedy and tried to increase the magnet settings from 1 and 1 which I originally changed them to, to 2 and 2 and now the game will not work with the repackaged vpks at all. Any idea on what is going on?
    bro can please show me how to repakage vpk file

Thanks
    We know how to extract vpk files, edit them, and repack them, but the issue is the pop up error when starting game. Need to find a way to bypass that error. For those who cannot get into the game after you attempted this trick open Origin>My Game Library>Right Click Apex Legends>Repair. DONE game will work again.

Thanks
    how to repackage?

Thanks
    This error appeared due to the fact that during the packaging, all files were damaged. You can check. Just open playlists_r5 again. It is necessary to understand how to pack this file without errors..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zemix31 View Post
    This error appeared due to the fact that during the packaging, all files were damaged. You can check. Just open playlists_r5 again. It is necessary to understand how to pack this file without errors..
    No, I can repack perfectly fine. Unless your error is because you're using an older version of the tool. I have version 3.4
    The error I get is that it detects the file is checksum is different than the original. It is the same error you get if you try to modify almost any other file

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXiphos View Post
    You were imagining things. Modifying that number would not do anything without other changes, and files do not load when they are modified. Also, aim assist snaps when you ADS, not when you recoil in paticular
    Last edited by Naka; 02-27-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    how do i enable aim assist i found the file but i dont know how to turn it on

Thanks
    hey, did someone managed to pack it correctly and could share the file with us?

Thanks
    Doesn't look like it's possible at all to modify the VPK and get a successful launch. Tried modifying a lot of different things, always crashes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    wait how do u enable the vpk? do u have to put it in the vpks folder? if so it didnt crash but didn

Thanks
    HOW U MANAGE TO REPACKAGE IT