Thread: RIP Costco

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Wouldn't just using a virtual debit card pre-loaded with your amount work for re-bills? I mean once the refund is sent back to your pre-paid debit card you could either spend it somewhere else legit or move it to another card. In either event, if there is a re-bill there would be nothing...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by thurgoodjohnson View Post
    Wouldn't just using a virtual debit card pre-loaded with your amount work for re-bills? I mean once the refund is sent back to your pre-paid debit card you could either spend it somewhere else legit or move it to another card. In either event, if there is a re-bill there would be nothing...
    They would probably send debt collectors eventually to your address.
    [IMG]https://cdn129.picsar*****m/215837188000202.gif?r240x240[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by thurgoodjohnson View Post
    They would be sending it to your delivery address. So a drop is also needed for that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HHubs View Post
    They would be sending it to your delivery address. So a drop is also needed for that.

I see. Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomxs View Post
    Homie they can rebill even if your card is cancelled. There was a big thing on here 2 years ago with Vegasjay99 and his refunds and everyone got rebilled 6 months after their refund even when they cancelled their card.

Each card is linked to an account number. Cancelling the card makes no difference since the account number is still the same. So basically you can cancel your card 100 times if you want. In the end they WILL rebill.
    Can someone explain in detail the vegasjay99 era? LOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ericliu1998 View Post
    Can someone explain in detail the vegasjay99 era? LOL
    he was about 2 years ago and did a shit ton of walmart refunds. everyone just kept getting multiple refunds and walmart eventually started rebilling everyone. he supposidly had a privite method which later probably turned out to just be the ftid method

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Audioboxer View Post
    You mean people claimed they cancelled their cards for "no reason" weeks or months prior to getting rebilled? Of course I know the account number is the same.

I dunno what wild shit is going on in America then, cause this lack of consumer protection wouldn't fly here. These are unauthorised transactions, especially if a company is raiding your bank account and you don't even know it.
    I'm with you. I do not see a way technically this could fly. Not possible at all to charge the credit card (because it is closed) and they cannot charge my bank account because I never agreed to that.

And my bank will side by me and not let a random merchant rape my bank account.

They can, however, send me a written bill in mail requesting payment. That is about it. If you do not pay, worst thing is it will go to collectors.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by taphere View Post
    I'm with you. I do not see a way technically this could fly. Not possible at all to charge the credit card (because it is closed) and they cannot charge my bank account because I never agreed to that.

And my bank will side by me and not let a random merchant rape my bank account.

They can, however, send me a written bill in mail requesting payment. That is about it. If you do not pay, worst thing is it will go to collectors.

I have personally been rebilled by Walmart. 6 months after I closed the card. Citibank. I close my cards instantly after each order.

Apparently Walmart personally made a return rebill request to my bank. They can rebill. I'm sorry if you don't believe it, ask anyone in 2018 who's done walmart with vegasjay99.

I agree with you though, yes bank will likely side with you. It is essentially unauthorized. But it is possible to charge a closed card, I'm sorry, that's the reality.
    Last edited by nvidia1232; 12-06-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks
    So it is finally over?...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnocchi88 View Post
    So it is finally over?...
    Can still do it, but with lower amounts. You can't go any higher tho just to be safe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234