Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @okled
    Moved to coders lounge, 1 hour redirect

it's a matter of preference , i prefer asp because i can use vbs inline to code in a familiar language. C# users can argue the same as well.

PHP is great though, and consider it is more common and more supported then asp, it is the most used. Asp has just about died out with asp.net , the only issue is asp.net can run on windows servers., asp can run on Linux / windows servers but only if the Linux host supports it, and only with a special server extension, and it isn't perfect, PHP on the other hand runs flawlessly where supported which is why I tend to fall back on PHP as well, though I would prefer asp

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

'Bruno (03-18-2011),-Away Alt (03-21-2011),Delko DJ (03-18-2011),okled (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    To shed a little more light to the argument, there are pros and cons to each language.

ASP(.NET) is a lot more familiar for those that use .NET languages. Also, ASP can handle event driven programming on a webserver all on its own. One of the big problems you'll have with ASP(.NET) is that it relies on IIS servers, which means any Linux based servers won't support your .aspx page. PHP, however, has no restrictions on server type as it's supported by all. The catch though is that it can't handle event driven programming, it runs on the server when the page loads and only on a page load, that means you're going to have to learn a scripting language, such as JScript to handle the event driven side of things.

There's pros and cons of each, personally I'd choose PHP over ASP.NET as it makes you a lot more flexible when you don't have a choice in what type of server your page will be hosted on, learning enough javascript to do what you want is -for the most part- pretty easy anyway. In the end, it's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

'Bruno (03-18-2011),-Away Alt (03-21-2011),Delko DJ (03-18-2011),okled (03-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    hey all
    i am okled's brother.
    i gave him the idea to open this thread.
    i have some websites and blla blla blla.
    I think that php is much better then asp but I have heard from others that asp is much quicker then php.
    scripts that are coded in asp language do open quicker then scripts coded in php.
    maybe i am wrong, but tell me what do you think.
    nowadays, php is much more popular then asp and mostly all sites are coded in php and it is easier, perheps asp needs to be hosted only to windows server which are not convient to use because are expensive and have many mistakes like the host of godaddy. it is not good.
    anyway what is your opinion???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frenci8 For This Useful Post:

Delko DJ (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    php = any supported host , linux or windows
    asp = any supported host , linux or windows (if the extension is present, and there are some know nbugs)
    asp.net = Most powerful , however only on windows server.

As far as speed goes. Php can be significantly "quicker" then asp but there are more things to consider then the language alone, more as to what it is you need it for, because asp.net is compiled code and in turn faster then both asp and php. But if you look at server resources , PHP will use more resources, so then in the case of a small application asp may be better suited.

So really, the outcome is, pick the language that is best suited for what you need.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

-Away Alt (03-21-2011),Delko DJ (03-18-2011),okled (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by okled View Post
    what is the best scripting language in your idea php or asp
    I know Neither but i wanna learn PHP so PHP FTW

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    PHP: For when I want to do a quick small job. I can't take PHP seriously. Why? Because I see scalability as a huge PITA.

ASP .NET: For the bigger projects that will require maintenance and scaling. Why? Strong OOP, strong typing, its (semi)compiled nature, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    To shed a little more light to the argument, there are pros and cons to each language.

ASP(.NET) is a lot more familiar for those that use .NET languages. Also, ASP can handle event driven programming on a webserver all on its own. One of the big problems you'll have with ASP(.NET) is that it relies on IIS servers, which means any Linux based servers won't support your .aspx page. PHP, however, has no restrictions on server type as it's supported by all. The catch though is that it can't handle event driven programming, it runs on the server when the page loads and only on a page load, that means you're going to have to learn a scripting language, such as JScript to handle the event driven side of things.

There's pros and cons of each, personally I'd choose PHP over ASP.NET as it makes you a lot more flexible when you don't have a choice in what type of server your page will be hosted on, learning enough javascript to do what you want is -for the most part- pretty easy anyway. In the end, it's your call.
    mod_mono :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawllypawp View Post
    PHP is better than asp.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    php > asp > asp.net (i just hate .NET). And @m_t_h gtfo with Java /gewd

youu hurt my feelings :'(
    Last edited by freedompeace; 03-18-2011 at 09:15 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to freedompeace For This Useful Post:

-Away Alt (03-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @freedompeace I see you in here

Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace
    PHP is not "significantly "quicker"" than ASP. ASP by nature is compiled, PHP is not until it is first run and if you implement opcode caching (unless you're running a dev build of php).
    Freedom, I like you, but you realized every time you say something you make it look like you have no idea what you are talking about?

asp is interpreted (not compiled)

(meaning it isn't executed by the server cpu , it is (executed) interpreted by the interpreter)

Asp.net (like I said) is a compiled language, and therefore is executed by the server CPU and in turn , faster and more powerful.

But of the two Interpreted languages mentioned: php in a language benchmark test (done by many universities every year on many different OS's) shows to be one of the fastest interpreted languages (in general, above classic asp), However again, PHP also shows to be more resource intensive.

so I don't know where you get your answers from, but you are mistaken .
    Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 10:21 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Delko DJ (04-25-2011),freedompeace (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    ASP isn't compiled.. it's like PHP which is plain text and interpreted by an interpreter.

As far as which is better, depends on what you need it for. As a personal preference I would ALWAYS choose PHP.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

-Away Alt (03-21-2011),Delko DJ (04-25-2011),Hassan (03-19-2011),NextGen1 (03-18-2011),okled (03-29-2011),whit (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
    @freedompeace I see you in here

Freedom, I like you, but you realized every time you say something you make it look like you have no idea what you are talking about?

asp is interpreted (not compiled)

(meaning it isn't executed by the server cpu , it is (executed) interpreted by the interpreter)

Asp.net (like I said) is a compiled language, and therefore is executed by the server CPU and in turn , faster and more powerful.

But of the two Interpreted languages mentioned: php in a language benchmark test (done by many universities every year on many different OS's) shows to be one of the fastest interpreted languages (in general, above classic asp), However again, PHP also shows to be more resource intensive.

so I don't know where you get your answers from, but you are mistaken .
    Oh god, I was mistaken.

Thank you for pointing that out, I corrected my post lol

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freedompeace For This Useful Post:

Delko DJ (04-25-2011),NextGen1 (03-18-2011),okled (03-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    PHP is much better than ASP.
    Also, PHP and ASP are interpreted just like ActionScript. ActionScript never creates executable. Scripts are run by ActionScript Virtual Machine every time you run it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123