Thanks

CS:GO Crosshair Customization (Enable Crosshair with Snipers and Knife)

Howdy folks, as you can tell I don't post a lot, but I stumbled across while lurking in some forums, So i'd like to share it As i see a lot of external crosshairs getting released, And I'd just like to give people Another option.

I didn't like the original crosshairs So i decided to fiddle around a bit with mine, and here are a few commands to help you do the same.

NOTE: You have to set your crosshair to Classic for this stuff to work.

cl_crosshairthickness - This changes the thickness of your crosshair And crosshair dot.
    cl_crosshaircolor - This has a few variants, while 0 through 4 are the default colours from the menu. if you use cl_crosshaircolor 5 it uses the values from the RGB commands for your crosshair, (cl_crosshaircolor_b, cl_crosshaircolor_g, cl_crosshaircolor_r) Personally I like mine green.
    cl_crosshairsize - This command changes the size of the Lines around your crosshair. I.E The X part of it. Not the dot.
    cl_crosshairscale - This changes the actual scale of the crosshair.
    cl_crosshairdot - A pretty simple toggle-able Dot that appears in the middle of your crosshair.
    cl_crosshairalpha - This is of course the transparency of your crosshair.

Now with all of these you can pretty much make your crosshair however you like, I'll add my own setup at the bottem to show you how to get a simple green dot instead of a crosshair. But there's One command (And I hope they never take this out) That enables you to have your crosshair on with Snipers and Knifes, basically all the time And while scoped in

weapon_debug_spread_Show 2. Having this on will make your crosshair appear all the time. If you use a normal style crosshair it will ofcourse make the classic style crosshair dynamic like in CSS. This makes blind firing your sniper pretty fun,

Here's an example of how to get your crosshair looking like a dot.
    cl_crosshairdot 1
    cl_crosshairscale 0
    cl_crosshairsize 0
    cl_crosshairthickness (how ever thick you want it, I personally use around 2 / 1.5 If i remember correctly)

Doing this should remove the Lines and just leave you with a dot in the middle of your screen.

Right well, that's all for now. Note that while some credit goes to me for just posting it here, Credit really goes to the X amount of people on forums who find out these little things, I just decided to put them all together and post it here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fodder For This Useful Post:

myswaggerhasafirstname (08-20-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I discovered this from the get_right config. A lot of pros from other counter-strikes have figured out the crosshair dot thing and are using it currently. makes you become a headshot getting machine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myswaggerhasafirstname View Post
    I discovered this from the get_right config. A lot of pros from other counter-strikes have figured out the crosshair dot thing and are using it currently. makes you become a headshot getting machine.
    Yeah that's why I said. It's not really credit to me as I just decided to post it here. But so far it's a better option then an external crosshair.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Oh yeah. Most definitely. Hopefully Valve will continue allowing players to use dot as a crosshair and leagues allow it in play also. I'm sure they'll get rid of dot from sniper rifles when scoped though (rather they should).