Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Jagex Email FAKE??

Just asking the community for help i haven't played runescape since 06 and i recieved this email in my spam folder is this real? (Don't call me an idiot because i saw in my spam folder)

I just thought it was odd, anyways let me know if it's fake.

Code:
    Dear Player,

We have collected convincing evidence that you have tried to trade your RuneScape account or sell your virtual items outside of the RuneScape game environment.

Such real-world trading has a major negative impact on the economy of RuneScape and is in violation with our policies. Therefore any player that continues to engage in the illegal activity has no place in our community.

All of your accounts are now on our watch-list and will be automatically monitored for real-world trading. Regardless of who you are or how long you've been with us, if you continue to real-world trade we will have no hesitation in: (1) permanently banning your RuneScape account, and (2) naming you as a defendant in Jagex Limited vs you, which is a lawsuit based on antitrust law violations that is currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (Civ. Action No. SANC-V13-00342-CGH).

If you decide to ignore this email and instead continue Real-World Trading, we (Jagex Ltd) reserve our rights to pursue statutory damages against you for between $200 to $2,500 per act of past, present, and/or future real-world trading in accordance with 19 U.S.C. 1307(c)(3).

In addition, we have temporarily changed your RuneScape account's status.

Please fill in the following security form to monitor your account's status or to appeal the infractions which you have received:
    https://secure.runescape.com/DJGLcEDke/m=weblogin/g=runescape/index.ws?mod=offence-appeal&ssl=1

Please note: Due to recent technical problems with our automated detection systems, some accounts have been unfairly punished. Most of the void infractions should have been removed. Please visit the appeal section to appeal any unjustified infractions received due to system errors.

Sincerely,
    Mod Mark.

© 1999 - 2013 Jagex Ltd. Jagex® and RuneScape® are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world. 
    View our Privacy Policy and Terms And Conditions.
    Jagex Ltd, St. John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, England.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    This is just a Fake...Jagex already told me that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Mpgh isn't for for scammers so go ask on another forum

Crossfire. Combat ArmsEU/NA. {C++ Programming Section.}
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Afraid so, This is a blatant "phishing" e-mail to try and get you to enter your account details into a fake website.
    Hacks: if you are banned from nexon USE THIS HACK IP UNBAN : https://www.mpgh.net/forum/172-combat...er-v1-0-a.html
    [LEECHED] ODYS D3D PUBLIC [DETECTED]: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/172-combat...eu-public.html
    Mods : Gutsygamer's M16A3 FLAMEZZ MOD https://www.mpgh.net/forum/225-combat...mezz-camo.html
    [img]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/GuTsYGaMeR36157.jpg[/img]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    same i fought it was real but after being hack 5 times i finally knew it was fake

= YES = NO
    300 Posts=
    500 Posts=
    650 Posts=

Thanks
    wait what? that doesn't make any sense, did he say he wanted to scam people?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Obvious phishing e-mail.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

To: ...
    Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 18:49:25 +0000
    Subject: Your recent email.

---- This is an automated response from Jagex to let you know that we have received your email. ----

Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding the emails you have been receiving.

Firstly, let me assure you these emails do not originate from Jagex. The reason they appear to come from this address is that the sender has used it to hide their real address.

The phishers appear to be sending these emails to a huge range of addresses in the hope that some proportion of the recipients may be players of our games. The idea is that when these people click on the link in the email, they are taken to a site that looks exactly like ours, and are asked to log in. Their login details are then logged by the fake site owner, who uses them to log into the victims' accounts and steal their virtual items.

As the person sending the emails is not linked to Jagex in any way, we can only suggest configuring your mail client to automatically delete any incoming emails from the address you are receiving emails from.

In future, be sure to remember that, on any Jagex website which requires you to enter a password, a 'verified' notice will appear in the location bar (shown below), along with an address beginning with 'https', to prove that the site is secure and owned by Jagex Ltd.

Firefox 4:
    Internet Explorer 8:
    Google Chrome:

Always double-check that the address of the website you are visiting is genuine.

If you do have a RuneScape Account and want to better secure it, please visit our wiki here: ...
    for more information about phishing scams.

How to spot them and how to avoid them can be found in our wiki here: ... .

I hope I was able to answer your query however should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing accounthelp@jage*****m .

Kind regards,

Jagex Customer Support

--
    IMPORTANT NOTICE
    The sender does not guarantee that this message, including any attachment, is secure or virus free. Also, it is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose or copy it or its contents. Please telephone or email the sender and delete the message entirely from your system. No binding obligations or payment commitments are to be derived from the contents of this email unless and until a clear written agreement containing all the necessary terms and conditions is properly executed.
    Jagex Limited is a company registered in England & Wales with company number 03982706 and a registered office at St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    image001.png  

image002.png  

image003.png  

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    its fake i have been receiving these emails aswel, went on it typed in a totally fake account like Username: LOL Password: Youfail... it said i logged then redirected me to the real site.
    #'When you feel like giving up is when your close to your breakthrough'#!
    Contact Me!

Code:
    2015 AND AM BACK WITH MORE FORCE!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Lol epic ownage for the phisher