Thanks

Clastic's Hero Mode Guide

Clastic’s Hero Mode Guide

So, to start off this guide, I am going to say right now that some facts may be wrong and if you spot a mistake in the guide please let me know by posting below. Alright, so as some of you may or may not know Hero Mode is a mode in SF2 where your objective is to destroy the other team’s enemy tower. Without further to do, let us begin.

Early Game and Starting off:

Your starting item should be a stun grenade (50$). After buying one, go off to your lane and wait for the enemy team. If you spot an enemy, wait for them to initiate and stun them and back stab them. That’s one easy kill right there. From here on out, do not try to get kills. Farm (kill creeps) and get enough money for a weapon of your choice and one more stun grenade. After getting your essential items, head into the two caves with the libertines in them. You should be able to kill all 8 of them (4 in each cave) without taking too much damage. Why should you kill the libertines? Well, tos tart off they give you alot more gold then the regular creeps, and they also provide you with an increased amount of gold per kill. Switch around lanes early game to help out your teammate but DO NOT stop farming, this will be a key play in late game. Keep on using the techniques listed above for about 5-10 minutes into the game and you should be set for middle game. Also, if there is an inexperienced enemy, you should take advantage of that and keep on boosting (getting kills) off them. After clearing out waves of creeps you should always try to take out the enemy team's turrets. You should also keep harassing the enemy team to throw off their creep score.

Main idea: Get a gun, farm, try not to die.

Middle Game:

After farming and all your grunt work, it's finally time to get some kills. You can be a ninja and switch lanes occasionally and surprise attack them, or you can have your team ambush a lane one by one. Remember that if you feel an enemy is aware of your presence, DO NOT engage in battle, they will stun you and get an easy kill off you and maybe even get kills off your teammates. Middle game is more of the aggressive part of the game. Getting kills/gold is very important in middle game. Remember that you and your team should always work together to bring turrets and the enemies. If you have an unfavorable team or enemy then just try to make the game as fast as possible by building all attack/some speed to take out their turrets much faster than normal.

Main Idea: Get kills, take out as many turrets as possible, keep getting libertines and farm, don’t die.

Late Game:

By now, you should at least have 60+ attack points and decent defense points. If your game does not end as fast as you would favor it to, then build speed and move across the map like a ninja and take out their turrets. Late game is when you and your team should group up and take out lanes one by one (and of course, enemies.) Remember to keep on farming at a constant rate and if possible, you and your team should get the tyrant boss. Your late game should be one team is dominating and the other not so dominating. The goal of late game is to prevent your enemies from getting gold and trying to win.

Main idea: Get together, farm a little, win.

Weapons and projectiles:
    Red font = wouldn’t recommend
    Green font = would recommend
    Orange font = would only recommend if you are skilled enough
    AA-12 – 300$, easy to get but is very weak.
    MP5KA7 - 400$, nothing to say about it, pretty bad.
    Scorpion Prism - 500$, good at close range, high rate of fire
    P90 Fury - $500, Good in most situations, okay accuracy
    AK-103 - $500, high damage, medium fire rate, pretty accurate
    FAMAS-Hydra - $500, kinda high recoil.
    L86-Stinger - $800, slow fire rate and reload, slows movement speed
    L86-FTS - $700, slow fire rate and reload, slows movement speed
    RPK-74 Drake - $800, slow fire rate and reload, slows movement speed
    RPG-7: $1200 - 2 rockets, hard to use, good if aimed correctly, would recommend air strike
    M67 grenade - $50, hard to use but powerful if used correctly
    Gravity grenade (2) - $50, weak, good if trolling other team.
    Stun grenade - $50, very highly recommended, can be used to kill enemies, run away from enemies.
    Air strike - $500. Nice area of effect, useful if enemies are together and stunned
    Summon tyrant - $800, summons tyrant.

Tips and tricks:
    ✓ If you are stunning a person with high defense, do not spray at them. Just switch to axe and back stab.
    ✓ All enemy team turrets gone? Call the helicopter to drop you off in their base.
    ✓ When attacking a turret, position your back to a wall and keep checking for enemies.
    ✓ You can use the boss portals to go in between lanes a lot faster.
    ✓ For every 3 attack points you get, you should get 1 defense point. And for every 5 defense point you should get 1 speed point. (optional for speed)
    ✓ Before throwing a stun grenade, check if the enemy is behind creeps, If they are, do not throw it.
    ✓ It's best to get the tyrant boss when the enemy team is dead.
    ✓ You should never rage at your teammate(s).

I know my thread may not be the best, but I will update it from time to time, if you have any suggestions please list them below!
    Member Level 1 since 4/20/11 - 8/4/14
    Member Level 2 since 8/4/14 - present

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    thanks man

Threadstarter
    I heard you hollering, so I came.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4loko209 View Post
    thanks man