Thread: End of an era

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

End of an era

As some of you may have heard, Khabib is leaving the proffesional scene and is going to retire.
    What's your thoughts on this and do you think it's a good or a bad thing?

I personally understand him hence that was his fathers wish, that he should reach 30-0 and eventually retire to let his sibling Islam take the crown.
    The fact that he will probably be a day to day coach in their club will be exciting and im eager to see what kinds of fighters he's able to build into the future. Perhaps we will see a lot more UFC champions comming out of his club.

But I also ponder uppon the underlying question, what if he didn't retire?
    How many wins would he be able to collect under his belt?
    I bet that he would be dominating years to come just like he has done so far, no one compares to him as a pound to pound fighter.
    He's in a league of his own when it comes to grappling and technique. The last game he brute forced the win, tanking some hits and almost making the opponent tap out through an armlock the first round following a win by head lock in the 2nd. This is supposed to be best contender atm, and no disrespect to justin gaethje. But Khabib would have a hard time finding an opponent that could match his skill for years to come.

Either way, it was so amazing to watch him fight and I'm happy i did.

Thanks
    I think he'll be back. He doesn't seem like the type of person to care to much about money, he has enough for him and his family to live comfortably forever where he lives.

But I'll think he'll be back just because he's a true fighter. Literally all he is and what he does. Born to be a fighter and he enjoys every second of it. Very sad what happened to his dad, he just needs some time off.

Thanks

Who is your favourite UFC Fighter?

My favourite UFC Fighter is Al-Khabib who is retired from the UFC due to the death of his father.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Retiring at the top is the most difficult thing to do for many athletes, especially in combat sports. In MMA so far, GSP and Khabib managed to do it without any injuries.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dropshota View Post
    Retiring at the top is the most difficult thing to do for many athletes, especially in combat sports. In MMA so far, GSP and Khabib managed to do it without any injuries.

I dont think khabib retired at the top.
    He hade much more to give.