Thread: How to Code

Thanks

How to Code

Hi guys i am a small gamer i wanna learn about coding i want to code games and every thing else pls teach me everything about coding.Give me the links of what should i download and what i have to learn about first to code like youtube vidoes. TY

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I would recommend learning C++ or maybe Java for making games. There are tons of programming languages though. You need to decide which one to learn and get a good book on the matter. Practise makes perfect. It won't happen over night but eventually you'll become proficient. A book I recommend you read after learning a language is Clean Code. Thenewboston on YouTube has some really good videos on a whole bunch of languages to help you out. Good luck!! :] Prorgramming is really fun once you get past the initial calculators and hello world programs! Keep that in mind when things get tough.

Thanks
    I would like to learn about hacking so i saw thenewboston the first c++ video and is it a must that we should download codeblocks or we can get the c++ program from microsoft and can i learn everything about hacking from him ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by promilan55 View Post
    I would like to learn about hacking so i saw thenewboston the first c++ video and is it a must that we should download codeblocks or we can get the c++ program from microsoft and can i learn everything about hacking from him ?
    They both have the same syntax so it doesn't really matter.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by promilan55 View Post
    ...can i learn everything about hacking from him ?
    You need to learn how to program before you can start hacking. Thenewboston teaches you the basics of the language. If you want to hack I suggest reading accelerated c++ or c++ primer(better suited for beginners). Then reading a book on data structures. Then reading Programming Windows(it's a bit of an older book but its a great book nonetheless). After that you will need to learn how to read assembly language. You don't necessarily need to write it so how you decide to learn is up to you. Once you've gotten that far you will be ready to begin to learning about hacking/reverse engineering. None of this is mandatory and its subject to opinion but if you do all this you will have a much easier time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Use littlebit google and you will learn

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    but u will need some months till u master it.. so dedication is the most important factor!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    get known to windows, linux, and computer hardware basics. Learn a programming language. C++ is prefered.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    You want links? Oh boy... here we go..

Let's start with the basics, understanding syntax and API

Basic C++ Syntax
    Classes in C++
    Object Oriented Programming (OOP) in C++
    Graphics and Multimedia in C++

Those are the first few things, but you know not all programs/applications/games are made in C++ right?
    Let's quickly make a list of some of the languages that games can be created in...
    1. Assembly
    2. C
    3. C++
    4. C#
    5. Java
    6. Eiffel, Smalltalk, Ada, etc.
    7. Lua
    8. Python
    9. Unity
    10. Flash
    11. Javascript
    12. Pascal
    13. COBOL
    14. BASIC

As you can see, it's not just a simple 'give me the information and let me become a professional' it takes people TIME, MONEY, and hard work just to get to the type of level I assume you're hoping to achieve in just a matter of weeks. Not everyone has an original idea, and not everyone is capable of making a one in a million best seller.

You should learn a basic language (Python, C, Java [at least a bit for syntax etc...]) and go from there, don't try to jump straight into a project.

Look up what Agile Programming is if you wish to do ANY programming, as it is a must for most companies now-a-days to stay in touch with both client and other workers...

Here is a link to what Agile Programming is: click here
    The main point to understand from this is; unless you are a god-send for programming, you should ALWAYS have a basis for your programs outline, what you want to happen, what you input/output... etc...

I personally have a whiteboard next to my computer that I use to write my scrum (this is the general outline) for any program I write, it allows me to keep my head straight and clear of any obstacles or diversions.

Hopefully this helped.
    If you wish to thank me, don't forget to click the button!

Currently Playing: Osu, OldSchool Runescape (pm for username)

Bitcoin Address: 1HUdLVM7DnT9gC1i5kNKzcKWekSbFoKNp2

Steam
    Main Account
    Sales Account

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions relating Java, Python, or Physics, or general schoolwork

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liquidsystem For This Useful Post:

chizh (02-21-2015),Cosmo_ (02-16-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    You should learn a basic language (Python, C, Java [at least a bit for syntax etc...]) and go from there, don't try to jump straight into a project.
    I disagree 100% with that. That's the oldschool approach they have at unis, and that's why CS degree doesn't make you a coder. Because you don't see any correlation between pointers and youtube app

You need motivation to learn, and terminal apps are not rewarding enough to keep that motivation. Best thing is to learn by doing something you can be proud of. It's also easier to learn by solving real problems than going through all solutions without seeing problems.

Ofc you need to know the very basic concepts of programming, but you can learn that in any language, why C? C is for programming chips.

If you on Windows, i'd go with c#, and on iOS, objective-C, because they are kinda native languages for them.

Here is good series to get started with c#
    microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/c-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners

Then you can look at game tuts, like
    microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/developing-2d-3d-games-with-unity-for-windows-jump-start

Btw, talking about scrum when someone asks where to start is bit weird, no? Scrum is for corps, flappybird sure was made without
    Last edited by notSmart; 03-16-2015 at 08:35 AM.