Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Post-Titan Hacking FAQ

READ THIS FIRST:
    I do believe there are a few people on this forum that are GENUINELY confused on the basics as they stand post-update as most of the info is spread out, so I'm gonna put together a quick FAQ for those willing to do the legwork. I want this to be a jumping-off point for people, but I'm not dealing out applesauce and juice boxes.

So lets start with a little clarification on the state of things:

Do hacks still work?

MOST commands do still work with the exception of 1 hit ko damage commands such as player_monster_damage_base_constant and the old invulnerability cheat: monster_player_damage_base_constant

How do I use the console now? My game boots me when I try to use the console.

This is because the game updated hackshield which detects the old consoles, it also will not let you alter hackshield any longer, such as we did in the previous patch where you simply replaced with the old hackshield.

Then how do I use the commands that still work?

You will go to this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...s-working.html
    You will read the ENTIRE first post and follow the directions which are quite clear, and thank the OP of that thread.

One important note: The method to bind commands by modifying the command line for vindictus.exe does NOT work, don't try it, don't post about it when you do it anyway and it doesn't work.

As an alternative for slightly more advanced users: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...t-console.html
    This is useful because any changes you make to your options, even video options, sound, etc., will break any binds you did with the console if you used the console method.

What can I do for a 1-hit KO?
    While it is true the old method is patched, there are two known and working methods to do this, there may be more, but I have not seen them.

Go here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/423-vindic...-commands.html

Search the code for info about the golden ball, it works like the ball from the football event, but it will kill ANYTHING in one kick/smash. You can spawn as many as you like whenever you want, just bind it to a key.

If you play Evie: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...ne-hit-ko.html

You can set that to like 9000 and then anything you pick up as evie will kill things in one hit if you bonk them with it, doesn't work for throwing. Also, only works for large objects. (thanks Functasticmo and Zummer for fixing my badness)

I'm still not clear on this binding thing, I used to just copy/paste into the console when I wanted to use a command. Help?

Yes, I used to just copy the codes I had in a txt file directly into the console, so I was a little unclear as well.
    Just go here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...vindictus.html

Go down to the section named "The External Console Method" and read from there on. Keep in mind all commands need quotes around them, this is pretty apparent in the thread, but you might forget when you are actually creating your binds in the console.

PROTIPS: Open notepad and write all your binds before putting them into the console. This serves two purposes, you will have a quick reference in case you forget which key does what, and if your binds get cleared (by you messing with the settings, which I mentioned before), you can simply copy and paste them back into the console quickly and easily without having to rewrite them all.

After you have bound everything to a key (I prefer numpad keys myself), all you need to do is launch the game and press your hotkeys to activate your commands. PLEASE be on a private boat by yourself before using ANY commands, this should be obvious.

What can I do about invulnerability/godmode?

Well, the command doesn't work anymore, but you don't need godmode if you never get hit right?
    Go back to: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/423-vindic...-commands.html
    In that thread there are a couple commands that you should already have been using, ai_reaction_delay_idle and its companion. Use these before you enter the battle, while still on the boat, and enemies will just stand there while you kick insta-kill dodgeballs at them. You only need to use these once per login, not each area, unlike most commands.

I really don't want to read all those posts and figure this out, can you make a video or all-in-one tutorial?

I think you missed the point of this thread and fail to understand the community in general. If you want a working console like old times shell out 150 bucks to Hell_Demon here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...ell_demon.html

I'm sure he would appreciate your contribution as reparation for your noob self using his console up until this point.

So one last little thing: Thank the OP's of the threads I linked to, they have taken the time to help you, they will appreciate your thanks. However, do not feel obligated to thank me, as I'm not really doing you any favors here, just merging/commenting on information that's just spread out amongst the sea of "gieb hax pls" threads out there.

I will update as I think of more things.
    Last edited by relyks; 04-21-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: bolded questions to break up sections
    War Never Changes

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to relyks For This Useful Post:

darkwar4ever (04-21-2011),es0terik (04-21-2011),firebreed (04-21-2011),Jokohama (04-22-2011),lastnovember (04-21-2011),Malefic (04-21-2011),Mychal89 (04-22-2011),omaomao (04-21-2011),OMGabear (04-21-2011),ReggaeChamp (04-23-2011),roberthunder (04-21-2011),thanatosken (04-22-2011),UlRRvtk7 (04-21-2011),xMJx (04-23-2011)

Thanks
    I'd also like to add that for some reason whenever I use fraps, it unbinds my keyboard. I have no idea why, and have no idea if it effects anybody else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to es0terik For This Useful Post:

ReggaeChamp (04-23-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I learned the hard way about changing your options. I bound like 15 commands and then just changed my resolution to fullscreen, lost them all and had to rewrite them because I thought they were persistent and I just made a note of what each numpad key did, instead of writing the whole bind commands. So... I feel your pain.

Learn from my fail, folks.
    War Never Changes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to relyks For This Useful Post:

ReggaeChamp (04-23-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    just an FYI the evie thing isnt for the THROWN damage.. just the damage for picking up an object and using a normal attack with it.

CA - Paratisii (legit char)
    CA-Hacked - Yeah... i'm not tellin you my hacked chars name what you think I am? Stupid?

V - ZrakiKnpachi (legit char)
    V-Hacked - Yeah... i'm not tellin you my hacked chars name what you think I am? Stupid?

MC - TitusPullo (legit account)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Funktasticmo For This Useful Post:

relyks (04-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Funktasticmo View Post
    just an FYI the evie thing isnt for the THROWN damage.. just the damage for picking up an object and using a normal attack with it.
    Noted, will fix. Don't have an evie myself.
    War Never Changes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Just a heads up, FAQs like these increase leecher use and decrease hack lifespan.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    yeah the only thing that affects the thrown stuff is the distance and velocity thats about all that changes for throwing something lol. which can be helpful in some cases but not much use imo.

CA-Hacked - Yeah... i'm not tellin you my hacked chars name what you think I am? Stupid?

V-Hacked - Yeah... i'm not tellin you my hacked chars name what you think I am? Stupid?

Thanks
    and that Evie damage thing only works with "large objects"...

as in those you hold with 2 hands for Fiona or Lann, not including things like little vase, plate, piece of wood spike, etc.

it has to "hover" above Evie's head

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zummer For This Useful Post:

relyks (04-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by McChuckles View Post
    Just a heads up, FAQs like these increase leecher use and decrease hack lifespan.
    The information is already out there, Nexon is sure to know about it already if they really care. I am not hand-holding here, if people are willing to do the work to use the commands, then they deserve to use what is public as much as someone with a thousand posts.
    War Never Changes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by zummer View Post
    and that Evie damage thing only works with "large objects"...

as in those you hold with 2 hands for Fiona or Lann, not including things like little vase, plate, piece of wood spike, etc.

it has to "hover" above Evie's head
    they deal out teh damage for me with any object on my evie

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Funktasticmo View Post
    they deal out teh damage for me with any object on my evie
    hmmm interesting... I should try it out again then...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by relyks View Post
    I learned the hard way about changing your options. I bound like 15 commands and then just changed my resolution to fullscreen, lost them all and had to rewrite them because I thought they were persistent and I just made a note of what each numpad key did, instead of writing the whole bind commands. So... I feel your pain.

Learn from my fail, folks.
    There's a thread somewhere that mentions writing your binds into what I'm going to call the 'in-between' file for Hell's old console. Thus, when you open Vindictus your binds are automatically re-upped. That would seriously streamline your pain.

Then again, I've never bothered since I used the trainer and customized the buttons to fit my needs. So, yeah, you can try it and let the rest of us know how it works.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    so golden ball works!
    nice thanks
    [IMG]https://nesanik*****m/wp-content/gallery/nesgifs/mario-banana-fail.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shadow9th View Post
    a smart modern virus will install itself instantly in your inner winows files, so if you remove it your pc is fked anyways... you could have keyloggers on you and not even know it, some viruses go as far as disabling your anti virus itself if they are smart enough, and most turn off your task manager and msconfig so you cant disable important proccesses to get rid of the virus. keylogging means the hacker can see every single key you type in your pc, all your passwords, all the websites you visit, conversations even credit card numbers... depending on the hacker's intentions an ability a virus can be deadly. downloading a file can really be armageddon...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    People are being back and forth about golden ball working. Someone needs to test, and OP needs to update his thread if things change.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by McChuckles View Post
    People are being back and forth about golden ball working. Someone needs to test, and OP needs to update his thread if things change.
    I binded the golden ball. Used the perma bind method. It did not spawn :/ I tried. Unless the command I'm using ain't right, but I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast