Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Hardest to play as.

Here is my list, from hardest to easiest with a really short explanation.

1. Assualt.
    Hardest to play as simply because you are the only one who usually goes for the objective. The assualts damage is very low, in fact unless you got a full 50 assault almost anything has 1v1 advantage to you. Compliment this with the fact that only giving the class 1-2k extra health as a tank? WHAT THE HELL. 1-2k extra health is like nothing. Even the defense buffs are really pointless since any class has debuffs, even the medic making your lil extra def pointless. Destro assaults are fun, but kinda weak. Even if you put all your attacks at one turret you can just barely kill it.

2. Medic.
    Healing is nice and all, but really you can't rely on your teamates for merc at all. Poison medic>regular medic. Simply because healing is ok, but you do pretty much equal healing as poison. Its better to have a damage option case your target dies on you because he was too stupid.

3. Recon.
    Recon are pretty easy. Snipercon is best, since you can hit 1-2k per hit. It reduces healing, and its pretty much impossible to not get hit. Although meleecon and bombercon are pretty lacking, i find them to still be useful. The main problem i find with recon is that medics don't heal you. So when you take damage, you are sincerely fucked.

4. Robotics:
    EASY TO THE MAX
    You can:
    -Heal yourself, continually.
    -Build a turret with more damage output than ANY class.
    -And you can heal all your little buddies at once.
    -Best part, you can put turrets that take forever to kill, up every 30-45 seconds!
    Robotics are easy, and people SUCK at them in low level mercs. On offense they put them defensively, on defense people use personal turrets from far away. Still, self-sustaining, and easy stuff. Not really a downside to this class unless you count your "sorta" flimsy without your tools.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    If assault is that hard for you then you set up wrong.
    Set him up as a pure tank. Everything that will give you more armor/resistance. The extra bit of health is worth nothing compared to all of the armor.
    I can stand on point en get healed by 1 robo-medkit and still survive almost anything thrown at me. Somtimes even as much as 6-7 vs 1....And still i won't die...couple that with the deadly minigun and they will drop like flies....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by assasin01 View Post
    If assault is that hard for you then you set up wrong.
    Set him up as a pure tank. Everything that will give you more armor/resistance. The extra bit of health is worth nothing compared to all of the armor.
    I can stand on point en get healed by 1 robo-medkit and still survive almost anything thrown at me. Somtimes even as much as 6-7 vs 1....And still i won't die...couple that with the deadly minigun and they will drop like flies....
    :/ Assualt is a lot harder to play as then robo's, who can wipe out anyone in a targeted area, heal themselves while doing it, and either give themselves a prot or dmg buff(or alil companion to attack rec).

Assault again has no real attack power. Its minigun is pretty slow dps actually. The armor resistance is also VERY low. Even if your fully geared, every class has anti-armor attacks to take your armor away, if not straight mow you down.

You can be a decent tank on the low lvl brackets, but you have to rely heavily on medics and others. if they suck, you suck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Just as an example, i made a brand new tank and leveled him from 5 to 23 in 1 day.
    I lost 3 matches and won all the others. I did get some heals but not enough to rely on them.
    Forget about armor...it is only marginal. Put everything in your skilltree into tanking.
    Don't forget the 2 passive armor in the general tree and you can take massive punishment. when you are about to die,rest and bubble...rinse and repeat....
    The minigun is for point blank range. Use the assaultgun for med range. Never ever change to melee. The dps from the mini is a lot higher...
    If you're getting hit by the sniper, then your being an idiot, standing still(rooted) in an open area...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Agreed.
    Robotics for the win.
    Minecraft Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16.
    Games Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16
    Minecraft Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    League of Legends Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    Need for Speed World Minion: 2013.07.23.-2014.05.04
    Steam Games Section Minion: 2013.08.05.
    Warrock Section Minion: 2013.10.09.

If you would like to become a Minecraft Wiki Editor, apply here!
    If you would like to become a Games Wiki Editor, PM me!

Gifts:
    Gyongytyuk,Gyongytyuk,Zaps

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Just as an example, i made a brand new tank and leveled him from 5 to 23 in 1 day.
    I lost 3 matches and won all the others. I did get some heals but not enough to rely on them.
    Forget about armor...it is only marginal. Put everything in your skilltree into tanking.
    Don't forget the 2 passive armor in the general tree and you can take massive punishment. when you are about to die,rest and bubble...rinse and repeat....
    The minigun is for point blank range. Use the assaultgun for med range. Never ever change to melee. The dps from the mini is a lot higher...
    If you're getting hit by the sniper, then your being an idiot, standing still(rooted) in an open area...
    :/ You put 2 passive in general tree for every class anyways.

You don't want to bubble either, bubbling is good in wow, but here its like saying "hey concentrate on me after this is down".

The minigun is meh too. I see why people like it, but since i mostly pick destro(my team is stupid, so destro is better than being a sponge for ppl who won't help), the tremor is better. Personally i think the tremor, if buffed, would be one of the best guns in the game.

Although later levels pretty much everything is done in by shattercon, the one main reason why recons are OP.

Thanks
    How is it allowed to continually heal yourself?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    none of the classes are hard to play it just depends what your good at if you think assault is hard then your a suck ass assault, me i play medic and i am a badass medic so its not hard for me if robo is easiest for you your prolly best being a robo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by grekx View Post
    none of the classes are hard to play it just depends what your good at if you think assault is hard then your a suck ass assault, me i play medic and i am a badass medic so its not hard for me if robo is easiest for you your prolly best being a robo
    :/ this is for >30 merc.

Over 30 merc, everything is flipped.

Assaults are the easiest over 30(especially with crescent). As they have ridiculous speed. They can take out ANY turret regardless of it being healed, and if you pay attention, 9/10 the attackers on payload will win. Because assault has so much monstrous health/damge/invincibility its pretty much a robo killing class.

medics are pretty much w/e. If you heal you get ridiculous healing/personal life. If you poison, you get DoT's that can kill pretty much anyone as long as they don't run to a robo health station. They are easy if only because the main reason they exist is to help assaults never die.

Recons are flimsy after 30, but they are a lot harder to hit. With dual daggers, your melee attack is a lot higher, and your ability to snipe kill is unquestionably higher with the higher dmg snipers. At 44 you get shattercon, one of the noobiest playstyles ever.(charge up your super, lay a shatterbomb, win.).

Robo's are the most worthless class over 30. Since nest are impossible to keep up as any assault with a 100 foot radius will just jetpack over, and slaughter it. Not to mention keeping up a turret is like babysitting a bomb. No matter what you do the turrets are going to die, and when they do whoever was killing it will turn to you next.Bombercons really aren't a problem, but if you get 2 on you your dead. That being said, drobo is worthless in comparison to the turrets damage, but is probably the only way for you to have something out for an extended period of time. That being said, drobo's were nerfed in the last patch, so robo's officially suck.

-------------------------------

Ironically every class that was more important to the team, is now the class that is less important to the team.

Without turrets under 30, your team would fail. But at 30+ your team can't have turrets as 1 hit by them immediately summons an assault to go invinci and wipe it out.

Meanwhile assaults at 30- were nice to have, but their job was easily done by anyone who wanted to stand on the point. At 30+ they become apperantly godly with as much movement speed as any other class save bionic recon. That alone solves pretty much any real problem you'd have vs. an assault, but the high dmg minigun added to it will solve any other problems.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

robo droner

I switched my robo to full droner and i was shocked to see how much damage i did. I'm scared they will ban me for aimbotting....for once i'm playing legit...LOL.
    I seem to get top kills EVERY match and most of the time top damage too.
    All may change at 30(just a few lvl's shy) but before that, they changed the robo to ultimate killer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I switched my robo to full droner and i was shocked to see how much damage i did. I'm scared they will ban me for aimbotting....for once i'm playing legit...LOL.
    I seem to get top kills EVERY match and most of the time top damage too.
    All may change at 30(just a few lvl's shy) but before that, they changed the robo to ultimate killer.
    I just reached 40 on my robo. Let me give you tips for 30+ robotics. Although top kills/damage under 30 is really easy for robo's under 30 since nest are a piece of cake to put up and hold.

Turrets:
    Personally i role Flame turret and Personal with a med station. Flame will wipe the point/anyone around the turret and is very nice to use after/during a shatterbomb. Personal or rocket really are the same usefullness, but i prefer personal.

If you play 30+ have two turrets, upgrade them with epic damage mods, and make sure to keep placing them down. At first with low-grade turrets you might not do as well, but once you get the hang of it, you will destroy people.

Drones:
    I think the drone listing is
    -Hornets for nest/machines.
    -Grizzly for annoyances(recons).
    -Harrier for standard.

Drones really kinda suck, but they let you play without taking up energy to set up a turret. Which really makes robotics the standard class out of all the classes.

1. Drones do less damage(dps) by far.
    2. Hardly ever will your drone die of damage in 30+
    3. Next to medics, you will have the hardest time killing another robo.

Drones really suck unless you are fully geared though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Yep, Robotics and recon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I agree assaults are weak,i personally have a full tank as my main.U cant really capture points by urself,u depend on a medics or a healing station and since ur not dealing a lot of dmg u cant protect them.
    The assault shield are almost useless,the ranged one will not protect you from aoe or melee atacks and since ur not dealing dmg a recon will most likely fuck you up before you kill him,the perfect target shield is useless because u cant really do anything in it.