Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Red face How did you get into anime?

Hey fellow Weebz,

Jk I'm not a weeb and I hope you aren't too.
    Anyway, I'll like to share a story with of how I became addicted to anime. When I was a little boy a long time ago, I was addicted to Pokemon. Man that was my shit. I forced my mother to buy me all the fucking plushies and shit and the latest pokemon toys. It was great however I was like super young and I don't remember anything from Pokemon now. I wasn't addicted to anime at this point but, I was just interested in cartoons and shit as expected at the age of like 4 or 5. Then eventually I stumbled across beyblade. My cousin, sister and I got so addicted to it we collected every bey from most of the series and we'd have battles ect. Fast forward abit. In 2008 my niece would watch dragon ball and I'd passively watch it wasn't a fan at the time but something happened in the year of 2010 that got me addicted to anime. I was on my psp and I downloaded a game called "Bleach Hell Verse" or something from the store. Dude the game was so freaking good. Characters were flash stepping and shit t was awesome. Then I thought to myself hmmmmm this looks like a series I'll watch it. From then on I was hooked. It was the only anime I used to watch at the time but my addiction got worse as I wanted MORE anime. Found out about Naruto that same year did not like it and came back to it years later. The following year I got addicted to Hunter x Hunter and the story goes on. My worst discovery was an anime called "Tenjou Tenge" 20 episodes long 15 of those 20 episodes are a flash black. .-. The end. Share yours. Would like to hear how you joined the anime side. Once you join there's no going back to real TV. Mwahahahaah! (Evil laugh) *Strokes imaginary cat*

Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Thanks
    Naruto as a kid along with most other shows airing on Toonami at the time.

Eventually in 7th or 8th grade, I figured out that there was more to Naruto and the likes. Ended up watching some of it online and looked up "shows like naruto" or something along those lines. Pretty self explanatory from their out.

Now all I do after 500+ shows is watch something and question why anime as a medium is becoming so fucking boring to me. I can't stop analyzing on what could have been better or why they attempted X over Y. I still enjoy some shows, but I think the amount I've watched from season to season, or even year to year is decreasing dramatically.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 01-24-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Naruto as a kid along with most other shows airing on Toonami at the time.

Eventually in 7th or 8th grade, I figured out that there was more to Naruto and the likes. Ended up watching some of it online and looked up "shows like naruto" or something along those lines. Pretty self explanatory from their out.

Now all I do after 500+ shows is watch something and question why anime as a medium is becoming so fucking boring to me. I can't stop analyzing on what could have been better or why they attempted X over Y. I still enjoy some shows, but I think the amount I've watched from season to season, or even year to year is decreasing dramatically.

Start a YouTube analysis channel. I can understand why anime may bore you sometimes as most if not all of them follow similar um what's the word? Oh yea, most of them follow a similar concept. Equilibrium --> Disruption --> Recognition --> Action--> New equilibrium. However, I do enjoy the predictability and cheesyness of anime. Maybe I'm just addicted. Can you watch real tv? Cause I can't lol.

100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Start a YouTube analysis channel. I can understand why anime may bore you sometimes as most if not all of them follow similar um what's the word? Oh yea, most of them follow a similar concept. Equilibrium --> Disruption --> Recognition --> Action--> New equilibrium. However, I do enjoy the predictability and cheesyness of anime. Maybe I'm just addicted. Can you watch real tv? Cause I can't lol.
    No thanks on the YouTube idea. People looking up anime reviews on YouTube just so they can get an opinion out of them instead of just forming one on their own, I mean really? Why do I care what YouTube reviewer #350 has to say? What's so different about YouTube reviewer #349?

>Reddit
    >MAL
    >YouTube

I refuse to listen to anything these places say. I hate the system, the people, and the concept.

Before this turns into shit; Discussion and opinion are two different topics. (I still don't discuss on MAL or Reddit.)

Real TV? No time or care for it. I don't hate American TV, it's just not something I watch anymore.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 01-24-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    If I go back to the first anime I watched it would probably be waking up early in the morning at 5 am for some inyuasha or staying up till 1 am for some bleach as a kid. But after all that I just dropped anime until about 2-3 years ago and the way I got back into it was thru click bait lol. Saw a half naked anime char and at first I was in it just to see that particular scene but it had a pretty good story so I stuck with it to the end.
    NightOwl

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    No thanks on the YouTube idea. People looking up anime reviews on YouTube just so they can get an opinion out of them instead of just forming one on their own, I mean really? Why do I care what YouTube reviewer #350 has to say? What's so different about YouTube reviewer #349?

>Reddit
    >MAL
    >YouTube

I refuse to listen to anything these places say. I hate the system, the people, and the concept.

Before this turns into shit; Discussion and opinion are two different topics. (I still don't discuss on MAL or Reddit.)

Real TV? No time or care for it. I don't hate American TV, it's just not something I watch anymore.

Damn, is there anything you freaking like?!!?!

100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Thanks
    Damn, is there anything you freaking like?!!?!
    Yes just not a lot of things that has the user base of those websites. If you actually browse them, you can see what I'm talking about. If you don't, well..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Staying up late on weekends and watching tv got me to find Toonami.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Hiding under my bed because i'm scared of the big red meanie
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Watching Naruto, OP on Toonami as a kid
    Now I'm on KissAnime frequently
    I'm Still young. Still growing. Still fucking up. Still perfecting myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    All Because of naruto .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

>Reddit
    >MAL
    >YouTube

Have you watched Magi btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post
    Staying up late on weekends and watching tv got me to find Toonami.

Toonami was the shit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingAkh View Post
    All Because of naruto .
    Naruto original series>Naruto Shippuden. Shippuden is shit. Also be careful about Naruto on these forums, Takatsuki and his crew stabbed me and left me in the alley.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes just not a lot of things that has the user base of those websites. If you actually browse them, you can see what I'm talking about. If you don't, well..
    You can't win against websites like that massive time waster. Only their opinions matter nobody else's.

100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Thanks
    Have you watched Magi btw.
    Yeah. Pretty sure I gave you thisbefore. Maybe not.

You can't win against websites like that massive time waster. Only their opinions matter nobody else's.
    It's not even that, really. Here, I'll grab examples.

Reddit;

-Content is only view-able based off of the most "upvotes", other wise you're looking through pages of shit that may actually be relevant to you, but it's not relevant to someone else, so a simple "downvote" changes that all the more.

-The first thing I spot is this random guys opinion on every single show he's watched and how he manages to sum it up. For what it's worth, that's a complete waste of time. Just go watch the first three fucking episodes. I don't care what some nerd with 4,000 karma has to say about Dagashi Kashi.

(If you're actually curious, "one of the most popular series this season, and I have no idea why.") This is why.

What sort of design do I enjoy? This.

-No names to automatically call people out on previous shit
    -No voting system for what you see

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Naruto original series>Naruto Shippuden. Shippuden is shit. Also be careful about Naruto on these forums, Takatsuki and his crew stabbed me and left me in the alley.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they , i like shippuden man but i hate the fillers

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Like most of you, I started with the DBZ, Zoids, Naruto on Toonami. But, at the time I had no idea that it was called anime. What REALLY led me to enjoy anime was a different variation of Zoids that only aired between 5:30-6:30 AM. I ended up looking for it online and found an anime site. From that site I watched Zoids, Code Geass, FMA (Bortherhood hadn't aired yet). Good times.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yeah. Pretty sure I gave you thisbefore. Maybe not.

It's not even that, really. Here, I'll grab examples.

Reddit;

-Content is only view-able based off of the most "upvotes", other wise you're looking through pages of shit that may actually be relevant to you, but it's not relevant to someone else, so a simple "downvote" changes that all the more.

-The first thing I spot is this random guys opinion on every single show he's watched and how he manages to sum it up. For what it's worth, that's a complete waste of time. Just go watch the first three fucking episodes. I don't care what some nerd with 4,000 karma has to say about Dagashi Kashi.

(If you're actually curious, "one of the most popular series this season, and I have no idea why.") This is why.

What sort of design do I enjoy? This.

-No names to automatically call people out on previous shit
    -No voting system for what you see
    Well, I see. Whatever tickles your pickle I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Madara_Uchihă- View Post
    Like most of you, I started with the DBZ, Zoids, Naruto on Toonami. But, at the time I had no idea that it was called anime. What REALLY led me to enjoy anime was a different variation of Zoids that only aired between 5:30-6:30 AM. I ended up looking for it online and found an anime site. From that site I watched Zoids, Code Geass, FMA (Bortherhood hadn't aired yet). Good times.
    Fuck yeah!!! Currently started watching one piece and it kind of reminds me of fairy tail lol. Code Geass is good I loved it but, Lelouch's friend annoyed the fuck outta me. He was too loyal and boring af.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingAkh View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Did they , i like shippuden man but i hate the fillers
    Fillers do suck. The flash backs throughout the shinoni war are the worst. Naruto is the new bleach filler, filler, filler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flex1178 View Post
    If I go back to the first anime I watched it would probably be waking up early in the morning at 5 am for some inyuasha or staying up till 1 am for some bleach as a kid. But after all that I just dropped anime until about 2-3 years ago and the way I got back into it was thru click bait lol. Saw a half naked anime char and at first I was in it just to see that particular scene but it had a pretty good story so I stuck with it to the end.
    When you watched inuyasha did you watch it as subbed or dubbed. I tried watching the dub and I just couldn't continue.

100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast