Thanks

Lightbulb Mythic Lair - RotMG Developers Needed

Hello there. I'm looking for a small crew of talented people to help out with a new RotMG server project.

This is for an already established gaming website that runs a few other game servers. This is not another random VPS server ran by immature goofballs that goes on and offline when it feels like. No, this is a very professional licensed website and forums that runs dedicated game servers 24/7 only. We run both emulators and retail games. None of our games are pay to win either and we could care less about donations. I simply enjoy it and enjoy watching people play our games.

Now, I'm not much of a coder myself but I'm not new to any of this and have worked with both the client and server pretty extensively. My specialty is running these servers, the network, and the website/forums. I'm an admin and owner foremost. I also have a long history of technical skills and even though I'm not a coder I can pick up on certain aspects of it pretty quickly. I dabble with HTML, PHP, PERL, MYSQL, C#, C++ on a constant basis because of the nature of the website and game servers, so again, I'm not foreign to this and have been doing it for many years now.

With that said, I'm looking to get a project going with the help of some like-minded individuals to make the very best RotMG server and client that we possibly can. With the backing of my website and dedicated servers, you can count on this being a worthy server to develop for.

Positions Available:

Client/AS Developer - Must have working knowledge of the RotMG client and ASM in general. You should be able to find, fix, add, edit, and replace anything in the client that is needed for proper function. You will work closely with the other developers by adding in new functions and sprites.

Server/C# Developer - Must have intricate knowledge of the RotMG server and C# in general. Primary responsibilities include improving server stability, code cleanup, and the addition of new systems similar to the production game.

PHP/MYSQL Developer - Responsible for integrating the website and server closer together with custom scripts. Some script examples would be a web based back-end for server admins and/or server statistics displayed on the website.

Sprite Developer - You are responsible for the creation and editing of all the graphics in the game from completely new maps to new items and class textures.

If you are interested, please respond with the position you are interested in along with your experience in said field. I'll also need your name, age, location and hours available to develop as well. I am also willing to pay the developers a small fee for their time if they're worth it and won't do it otherwise.

I know there are a couple other projects out there with some of the better coders on MPGH working for them right now but unfortunately I'm not a part of those projects so hopefully I can still get some good guys to hop on board.

Since we're not supposed to post any links here, you can find our website by searching for Mythic Lair on google or simply PM me for the URL. There's also a thread for RotMG developer applications on our forums if you would rather post it there.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you!
    Last edited by dilitot; 07-21-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by dilitot View Post
    Hello there. I'm looking for a small crew of talented people to help out with a new RotMG server project.

This is for an already established gaming website that runs a few other game servers. This is not another random VPS server ran by immature goofballs that goes on and offline when it feels like. No, this is a very professional licensed website and forums that runs dedicated game servers 24/7 only. We run both emulators and retail games. None of our games are pay to win either and we could care less about donations. I simply enjoy it and enjoy watching people play our games.

Now, I'm not much of a coder myself but I'm not new to any of this and have worked with both the client and server pretty extensively. My specialty is running these servers, the network, and the website/forums. I'm an admin and owner foremost. I also have a long history of technical skills and even though I'm not a coder I can pick up on certain aspects of it pretty quickly. I dabble with HTML, PHP, PERL, MYSQL, C#, C++ on a constant basis because of the nature of the website and game servers, so again, I'm not foreign to this and have been doing it for many years now.

With that said, I'm looking to get a project going with the help of some like-minded individuals to make the very best RotMG server and client that we possibly can. With the backing of my website and dedicated servers, you can count on this being a worthy server to develop for.

Positions Available:

Client/ASM Developer - Must have working knowledge of the RotMG client and ASM in general. You should be able to find, fix, add, edit, and replace anything in the client that is needed for proper function. You will work closely with the other developers by adding in new functions and sprites.

Server/C# Developer - Must have intricate knowledge of the RotMG server and C# in general. Primary responsibilities include improving server stability, code cleanup, and the addition of new systems similar to the production game.

PHP/MYSQL Developer - Responsible for integrating the website and server closer together with custom scripts. Some script examples would be a web based back-end for server admins and/or server statistics displayed on the website.

Sprite Developer - You are responsible for the creation and editing of all the graphics in the game from completely new maps to new items and class textures.

If you are interested, please respond with the position you are interested in along with your experience in said field. I'll also need your name, age, location and hours available to develop as well. I am also willing to pay the developers a small fee for their time if they're worth it and won't do it otherwise.

I know there are a couple other projects out there with some of the better coders on MPGH working for them right now but unfortunately I'm not a part of those projects so hopefully I can still get some good guys to hop on board.

Since we're not supposed to post any links here, you can find our website by searching for Mythic Lair on google or simply PM me for the URL. There's also a thread for RotMG developer applications on our forums if you would rather post it there.

I've decided to look into your forums and you have about 250 registered users which is a quite nice for a small time community... however it seems that the only game you have that seems to be active is Everquest, The other *4* seems to not have that much to it...

If you'd like to run a smooth Server => Website system you'd have to work quite a bit on the current database so it can run faster across the system as it's not exactly the fastest.

You can have your link set to a field in your user profile. There is a segment where it says "Website"- That way other people can see your link by looking at your profile.

Other then that I'd just wish you good luck in making something work.
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kithio For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-22-2014),BlackRayquaza (07-21-2014)

Thanks

Positions Available:

Client/ASM Developer - Must have working knowledge of the RotMG client and ASM in general. You should be able to find, fix, add, edit, and replace anything in the client that is needed for proper function. You will work closely with the other developers by adding in new functions and sprites.

whats the c# jobs ? like behaviors? # ( i love behaviors)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithio View Post
    I've decided to look into your forums and you have about 250 registered users which is a quite nice for a small time community... however it seems that the only game you have that seems to be active is Everquest, The other *4* seems to not have that much to it...

If you'd like to run a smooth Server => Website system you'd have to work quite a bit on the current database so it can run faster across the system as it's not exactly the fastest.

You can have your link set to a field in your user profile. There is a segment where it says "Website"- That way other people can see your link by looking at your profile.

Other then that I'd just wish you good luck in making something work.
    Thanks for the information and vote of confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by jay russell3 View Post
    whats the c# jobs ? like behaviors? # ( i love behaviors)
    It can be for behaviors yes but the lead C# developer should be able to do a lot more like stabilizing the code, stomping out memory leaks, and add other core functions similar to production.

Thanks
    Thanks for the information and vote of confidence!

It can be for behaviors yes but the lead C# developer should be able to do a lot more like stabilizing the code, stomping out memory leaks, and add other core functions similar to production.
    yh obv they should

Thanks
    RotMG Developers Needed
    Kabam's RotMG team, amitp, Rob and Alex. There are the RotMG developers, you may want to search for RotMG private server developers instead

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyJani For This Useful Post:

BlackRayquaza (07-30-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Care to add me on skype, I'll talk there. Don't wanna release my info easily to the whole of MPGH xD

versified_rotmg <-- Skype

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i could help too skype "theflyingepic"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    i could help with C# developping, add me on Skype: ******walidmule