Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Proper way of Water fasting???

Greetings Mpgh! would any of you have knowledge in properly doing water fasting as teenager without killing myself? suggestions and tips are always appreciated and I'm planning to do water fasting for a week.

History
    Official Publicist - 11/09/2017
    Official Newsforce Team - 10/19/2017
    Premium - 10/11/2017

Thanks
    you might find it strange, but you basically drink water.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TripperNet For This Useful Post:

sasori~ (11-24-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    I’ve heard of water fasting from an obese looking YouTuber and he was water fasting 29 days if I wasn’t mistaken. He basically just play video games and distract himself... the weird thing is that he goes to the gym. I would never have enough energy to go to the gym without eating afterwards. He did suggest to talk to a nutritionist first.

I did try this for my summer holiday... I’m an obese person. In that week I lost 5kg from 115kg to 110kg, it was a torture, at least for me because I enjoy eating food. Afterwards I had to eat and gained 8kg instead... my parents told me to go to a nutrionist, which I did not. However, my aunt is a doctor and somewhat knows a thing or two. She suggested that water fasting is not a good way to lose weight, sure it’s fast but you’ll also gain fast as well. For me how have a habit since I was a child to shove food down my throat, my stomach lining expands which allow me to eat more thus gain weight. She told me to just eat breakfast and lunch, it was a pain for the first couple of weeks but afterwards it comes naturally. I’m now at 98kg after 3 months. If you’re looking to lose weight for the long run, try fixing your eating habit not starve yourself and still eat the same way after you’re done fasting.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beriyan For This Useful Post:

sasori~ (11-24-2017),WRTGw4erygrgreg (02-15-2018)

Thanks
    Not trying to burst your bubble, but water fasting is a very poor way to try to lose weight. As much as I wish it was easy to just drop 30-50 pounds of fat from not eating, it's not that simple. Your body get's acclimated to a certain diet and way of eating, for example: if you eat lots of unhealthy food you're body is going to be use to digesting and storing the fatty foods you indulge in. That being said, a water fast can produce lots of weight loss, but you may (very likely) encounter a "starvation" phase where once you quit eating you're essentially telling your body that you cannot eat food (as if food wasn't around) and therefore you're not going to be losing much fat; more so muscle and anything else the body can break down. Fat storages are just buildups of fat your body has created in-case of a time of little to no food, it actually dates back to the time when food wasn't so plentiful so the body began to store fat, much like camels store water. Now you may be thinking, "if the body stores fat for when there is no food, wouldn't the body just eat away at the fat?". This is what most people would think, but the stored fat is actually the body's last resort, it will try to get energy by breaking down anything it can, before fat. So in theory if you can successfully use a water-fast to burn the fat, you'll be doing more harm then help. Not to mention once you begin eating again you can very likely put the weight back on as your body will refeed and possibly refill the fat reserves if your diet isn't very good, which would be EXTREMELY hard after not eating for an extended period of time. With all this in mind, I would highly recommend against a water fasting as it can result in a loss of weight, but is not likely as it probably will put your body in starvation mode which will indeed cancel out the very objective of the water fast, and everyone's body reacts differently to different stimuli. Therefore just because a water-fast may work for a certain youtuber or someone who has tried it, really doesn't mean it will work for you. With all this information in mind, I would suggest maybe just changing your diet for around a month and adding in some HIIT cardio mixed with some LIIT. This is a proven method to burn bodyfat and you'll keep any muscle you had to begin with. Not only will you shed off weight extremely fast with the new diet, you'll burn even more with the cardio, this is 100% more effective, safe, and smarter than attempting this new water fasting trend. In just one month you can see some major results which will most likely hook you, and in turn make you lose more weight after all. Changing your diet may seem hard, but it's really not as difficult as you'd think. You can probably get away with eating around 2000 calories per day if you do cardio and lose weight at a pretty fast pace. As long as you stay away from junk/fast/fatty foods 2000 calories is more than enough to fill you up and you can even include some tasty food in there as well.

All this information I've shared I have used through my fitness transformation, at one point when I was 15 years old, I was about 5 10, at about 230 pounds extremely obese and unhappy. I looked for different short-cuts to lose weight such as pills, fasting, and even something close to starvation; looking back on it now this was all extremely foolish as losing weight is not as challenging as people crack it up to be. The main means to losing weight is purely mental, if you can mentally make the switch/decision to lose weight, your body will follow and you will lose weight. It's facts and information that has worked for millions of people across the world.
    I was indeed 230 pounds, about 50 pounds overweight, and I am now proud of my physique I've crafted over the course of 4 years and I am now 6 feet tall weighing 180 pounds and I look awesome.

I'd be more than happy to help you with a meal plan, training regimen, and any other type of help/inspiration you could need. I can also show you first hand pictures of my transformation. Just shoot me a message on skype and I am all for helping you achieve your goals and prove others wrong!
    @Dependent
    Last edited by sasori~; 11-24-2017 at 01:06 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sasori~ For This Useful Post:

kiwi5 (11-28-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by sasori~ View Post
    Not trying to burst your bubble, but water fasting is a very poor way to try to lose weight. As much as I wish it was easy to just drop 30-50 pounds of fat from not eating, it's not that simple. Your body get's acclimated to a certain diet and way of eating, for example: if you eat lots of unhealthy food you're body is going to be use to digesting and storing the fatty foods you indulge in. That being said, a water fast can produce lots of weight loss, but you may (very likely) encounter a "starvation" phase where once you quit eating you're essentially telling your body that you cannot eat food (as if food wasn't around) and therefore you're not going to be losing much fat; more so muscle and anything else the body can break down. Fat storages are just buildups of fat your body has created in-case of a time of little to no food, it actually dates back to the time when food wasn't so plentiful so the body began to store fat, much like camels store water. Now you may be thinking, "if the body stores fat for when there is no food, wouldn't the body just eat away at the fat?". This is what most people would think, but the stored fat is actually the body's last resort, it will try to get energy by breaking down anything it can, before fat. So in theory if you can successfully use a water-fast to burn the fat, you'll be doing more harm then help. Not to mention once you begin eating again you can very likely put the weight back on as your body will refeed and possibly refill the fat reserves if your diet isn't very good, which would be EXTREMELY hard after not eating for an extended period of time. With all this in mind, I would highly recommend against a water fasting as it can result in a loss of weight, but is not likely as it probably will put your body in starvation mode which will indeed cancel out the very objective of the water fast, and everyone's body reacts differently to different stimuli. Therefore just because a water-fast may work for a certain youtuber or someone who has tried it, really doesn't mean it will work for you. With all this information in mind, I would suggest maybe just changing your diet for around a month and adding in some HIIT cardio mixed with some LIIT. This is a proven method to burn bodyfat and you'll keep any muscle you had to begin with. Not only will you shed off weight extremely fast with the new diet, you'll burn even more with the cardio, this is 100% more effective, safe, and smarter than attempting this new water fasting trend. In just one month you can see some major results which will most likely hook you, and in turn make you lose more weight after all. Changing your diet may seem hard, but it's really not as difficult as you'd think. You can probably get away with eating around 2000 calories per day if you do cardio and lose weight at a pretty fast pace. As long as you stay away from junk/fast/fatty foods 2000 calories is more than enough to fill you up and you can even include some tasty food in there as well.

All this information I've shared I have used through my fitness transformation, at one point when I was 15 years old, I was about 5 10, at about 230 pounds extremely obese and unhappy. I looked for different short-cuts to lose weight such as pills, fasting, and even something close to starvation; looking back on it now this was all extremely foolish as losing weight is not as challenging as people crack it up to be. The main means to losing weight is purely mental, if you can mentally make the switch/decision to lose weight, your body will follow and you will lose weight. It's facts and information that has worked for millions of people across the world.
    I was indeed 230 pounds, about 50 pounds overweight, and I am now proud of my physique I've crafted over the course of 4 years and I am now 6 feet tall weighing 180 pounds and I look awesome.

I'd be more than happy to help you with a meal plan, training regimen, and any other type of help/inspiration you could need. I can also show you first hand pictures of my transformation. Just shoot me a message on skype and I am all for helping you achieve your goals and prove others wrong!
    @Dependent
    That would be amazing! @SAsori I messaged you in Skype for further help!

History
    Premium - 10/11/2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Eat a salad for lunch/dinner. Better way of losing weight without starving your body.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Eat a salad for lunch/dinner. Better way of losing weight without starving your body.
    I already practice do this and still with no luck not loosing the weight. thats why I'm stuck. I watch what I eat and literally just eat salad for both Lunch and dinner, but with no avail.

History
    Premium - 10/11/2017

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sasori~ View Post

@Dependent
    5'10 and 230 pounds is like 80 pounds overweight.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dependent View Post
    I already practice do this and still with no luck not loosing the weight. thats why I'm stuck. I watch what I eat and literally just eat salad for both Lunch and dinner, but with no avail.
    Do you work out or exercise? Some people can't lose weight by just diet alone.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

Do you work out or exercise? Some people can't lose weight by just diet alone.
    Yes Of course I exercise but I'm astonished still nothing is happening.

History
    Premium - 10/11/2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Weight loss is all CICO, nothing else. You can still lose fast while eating, but if you want to do a water fast go for it. If you're serious, find your BMR / Maintenance and mess around with calories. at 5'10" you could lose fast on ~1500-1600. Get a food scale, weigh your shit, prep meals, etc..

Thanks
    Its a great way to cleanse your body, but like a few members have started the best things to do is diet and exercise

Thanks
    Drinking water is good, it helps you hydrated your body as well in cleansing. But fasting can make you desperate to food. I have undergone dieting, where I relied only on fruits and veggies and lost about 5-6 Kgs in a span of 1.5 months.

Thanks
    This is the silliest things ive heard. When you put your body into starvation mode it begins storing all and everything your body does consume. This will inevitably slow down your metabolism and when you are finished with your "water fasting" and begin eating again. You will only gain weight and keep it on as your metabolism is slowed.

Don't be lazy and go to the gym. No diet/weight lose fad works as well as plan old healthy eating habits, kick the soda and excerise.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cfalls For This Useful Post:

WRTGw4erygrgreg (02-15-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cfalls View Post
    This is the silliest things ive heard. When you put your body into starvation mode it begins storing all and everything your body does consume. This will inevitably slow down your metabolism and when you are finished with your "water fasting" and begin eating again. You will only gain weight and keep it on as your metabolism is slowed.

Don't be lazy and go to the gym. No diet/weight lose fad works as well as plan old healthy eating habits, kick the soda and excerise.
    This is the oldest broscience bullshit in the book.
    Starvation mode is when your body is so hungry that it starts breaking down your protein and muscle mass in order to obtain calories.

Water fasting is a common technique used in bodybuilding and powerlifting.
    You stop drinking water/food 3-4 days before your competition so you lose an insane amount of weight so you can go into a lower weight class, after your weighin, you go to the nearest buffet and stuff yourself to gain back all that weight. I've done it several times before and have lost 20-25 pounds in 3-4 days each time.
    My buddies have done the same and the craziest one managed to lose 40lbs during his fast.

However it's really unhealthy and you only do it a few times a year for a specific reason, like if you're about to compete and have a weigh-in coming soon.
    It's not sustainable as you will feel extremely lethargic and won't be able to stay awake for more than a few hours a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast