Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Talking How to Run Combat Arms on multipleVirtual Machines?

2 years ago, I tried running CA on virtual machines, but would also get "Sorry, this application can not run on a virtual machine"

Has any of you tried running Combat Arms on VMs as of now after the merge?

Thanks

Thanks
    Not to bump an old post, but this post is still pretty close to the top of the list (the section is dead after all). Chances are that if they detected you as being on a VM in the past, then they will likely still detect it now. I doubt that they have removed that protection. That said, you might be able to do a search and find a way to get around or bypass the VM detection.

Edit: After a few quick searches and weeding through the MSDN command documentation, I've come up with the following potential solution.

On your Virtual Machine (the guest machine), try opening the command prompt as administrator and then entering the following command:
    Code:
    reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System /t REG_SZ /v VideoBiosVersion /f /d ""
    This solution is based off a solution somebody created to get Maplestory to run on the Parallels VM. I'm not sure if this solution is specific to the Parallels VM, but it worked for him to run a Nexon game on a VM, so it seems like a good possibility for you to try.

If that doesn't work, please post the type of VM you are using and the OS version you are running on that VM.
    Last edited by lilghost8631; 10-12-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Possible solution