Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GameDemon View Post
    Am I supposed to save the swf or should I just note down the name for the swf?
    Just note down the name in the codeshare replacing line 13 and 121, so _level0.game.player.ptrObj.mechs[0].strMechFileName = "mech/mech-VladicKnight-1.swf"; and _level0.conn.loadFile(_level0.game.stage.mech,"mec h/mech-VladicKnight-1.swf","mech");

where can I see the mechID from?
    Using Fiddler, you need to right click on loadshop.asp (can’t remember the exact name but it’s similar) and then click decode. Then click on the .asp again and on the right go to inspector and switch it to syntax view(I think it’s called). From this you’ll get most of the variables you’re missing.

would you do it like this? : _level0.game.player.ptrObj.mechs[0].strMechResists = "Immobility, 80";"Fire, 9" ?
    Very close, it’s "Immobility, 80;Fire, 9"

So when I load up my account who is level 13, would the shadowwolf scale up to level 13 automatically or would it have the same damage as its level 50 counterpart?
    It would scale to level 13.

With this topic in mind, is it possible to create mechs like for example, the newbatron that is level 1 scalable to level 50?
    The code in the codeshare does exactly that for the Shadowwolf Mech, scales from 1 to 50. All of the math involving the players level does all that. and mech[0].intLevel sets the mechs level as well.

I hope I didn't bother you too much & thanks for your patience in answering my my unending questions .
    No, not at all. All good and thank you for helping

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Great! Thanks for answering all my questions. Will be posting the codes here soon once I have enough free time. Though I want to try testing if I did the code correctly & since Adobe Flash Professional was replaced by Adobe Animate, how would I be able to test it on my own if the code I created works? I just installed Adobe Animate on trial but I'm quite lost on how to create swfs needed for the code to work Also if I were able to somehow create an swf for it, would it work with the swf loader in the trainer? or does it need to be loaded on something like the mech loader?

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by GameDemon; 09-29-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    AKA Reverae
    [IMG]https://i1147.photobucke*****m/albums/o555/RayAeroldPua/GameDemonSiggy.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    You'll need to pirate Flash Professional CS6 or earlier, as Adobe Animate doesn't support ActionScript 2.0.

Then, it's just a matter of creating a new ActionScript 2.0 project, pressing F9 and pasting the codeshare into Frame 1's actions.
    Once that's done, close the actions panel. Down in the timeline at the bottom, drag from frame 2 to frame 15 so that it's highlighted blue. Right click on these frames, and insert blank keyframes. Then still in the timeline, click on frame 15. Press F9 again to open the actions panel and paste this codeshare: Codeshare.
    To save it as a .SWF, click File-->Export-->Export Movie...

That's it really, then you can load that .SWF using the SWF loader.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thanks so much! It worked. Question on the damage values though, so for example I want to create the Chrono Corruptor mech, and its first weapon is called "Chaotic Thrust" but the batleon forums only states it as "Damage Ranges: (Scaled)" what will I do then?. I tried searching for it in YT & I saw someone did a showcase on the level 50 version of it and has the damage value of "80-90". So what I did in the code was this to match the damage range from the video.

_level0.game.player.ptrObj.items[0].intDmgMin = Math.floor(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.2 + 20);
    _level0.game.player.ptrObj.items[0].intDmgMax = Math.ceil(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.2 + 30);

The question is, is there any difference between using the multiplication & addition formula? Because I seen you use 1.32 multiplier on some weapons then 1.2 multiplier on other weapons. Wouldn't it be easier to just change the Addition value insteaad? Or is there a difference in using the multiplier value instead of the addition value? Also where do you get the specific formula for it? Or do you just make it on your own based from the value ranges in the forums?

Also what if I don't find any mechs in YT that lets me know the damage range for scaled weapons? How would I find it then?

Last question, the Chrono Corruptor scales to level 100, but I think we're hard capped at level 50 right? So there's no point in changing the code to level 100 correct? or am I wrong haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright! Managed to get the Chrono Corruptor working, here's the link so Codeshare

I think now I get why you change the multiplier values, when I loaded it on my level 13 account, the damage is nuts so I guess that's why you use the multiplier value instead & only use a low addition value so you can get it to the specific damage range but I wonder what's a good ratio for the multiplier & addition values, because having a high multiplier value & a low addition value would make it weaker. Is there really no way for us to check the right formula for the weapons?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, is there anyway to load the X-Boost for free? And what about Enemy mechs, is there a way to load them as well? Seems like they have a special .asp file that's different
    Last edited by GameDemon; 09-30-2021 at 02:00 AM.
    AKA Reverae
    [IMG]https://i1147.photobucke*****m/albums/o555/RayAeroldPua/GameDemonSiggy.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    Awesome!

If you can't get the damages from the forums or videos, just make it up. I did this for some of them.

With the formula I used, the addition is what it will be at level 1 (plus the base multiplier). So with your Math.floor(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.2 + 20); the damage at level 1 will be 21 (20 + 1.2). Math.floor rounds down to the nearest whole number and Math.ceil rounds up.

Just as an example, another way to do the damages for Chaotic thrust would be:
    _level0.game.player.ptrObj.items[0].intDmgMin = Math.floor(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.44 + 8);
    _level0.game.player.ptrObj.items[0].intDmgMax = Math.ceil(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.44 + 18);
    For a damage range of 9-20 at level 1, but still 80-90 at level 50.

Or:
    _level0.game.player.ptrObj.items[0].intDmgMin = Math.floor(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.44 + 8);
    _level0.game.player.ptrObj.items[0].intDmgMax = Math.ceil(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.62 + 9);
    For a damage range of 9-11 at level 1, etc.

All of the damages for the mechs I've created so far, all scale up to 100. May as well.
    Lines 4-7 and lines 106-113 in the codeshare are just setting the mech level and weapon levels (which do nothing really, other than stop a player under the level from equipping it, but this doesn't matter because we're setting it to the players level anyway)

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't tried adding X-Boosts yet (seeing as though you can just use the exp + gold hacks)

And yes, enemy mechs are possible (see Sepulchure Doom Lord in the Mech Loader, the 4th weapon instantly kills anything). Though, you really just have to make it all up (for Doom Lord, I just copied the weapon names from Sepulchure of Doom). But the actual mech/mech-whatever.swf contains scripts for all of the attacks, that's how the 4th attack is able to insta-kill even without stat hacks.
    Last edited by Flash3113; 09-30-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Ahh I see, thanks for the fast reply. So I tested it out on an Enemy Mino-ton & I got its .swf file but when I went into battle, only the mecha loaded but without weapons. How would I know its weapons? Since the battleon forum only lists Attack 1 & Attack 2 and the loadmonster.asp doesn't show any weapon details. I wanted to see if I can get Lord Valoth as a playable mech ahaha

Btw what I did was only replace the mechfile to monsters/Mon-Minotaur.swf & replaced the mechid with the minotaur, am I doing it wrong?
    Last edited by GameDemon; 09-30-2021 at 04:33 AM.
    AKA Reverae

Thanks
    Yeah, you'll just have to make some weapons up for the enemy mechs, their .SWF handles all of the damage and effects etc.
    Doesn't really matter what you put as the MechID. Just as long as you change strMechFileName and loadfile string at the bottom it'll work.
    Then you can make up a description, explaining that it's an enemy mech and maybe some of it's abilities etc..

In the end, you can really just do whatever you want with the mechs and weapons.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    The weapons are still empty for some odd reason, can I see your code for the Sepulcher Doom Lord?

EDIT: Oh Doom lord is available in a quest id

EDIT2: Doom Lord works but trying out other enemy mechs doesn't work for some reason, the weapons return as blank
    Last edited by GameDemon; 09-30-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    AKA Reverae

Thanks
    Not sure to be honest, but here's the code for Doom Lord anyway. Codeshare

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll see if I can get Minotaur working tomorrow

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash3113 For This Useful Post:

GameDemon (09-30-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Alright thankyou!

Question, is there any way to load mechas from another player? Because there's this playerID I know that has tons of rare mechas but I'm only able to fight the first mecha listed on their page like the guy with the playerid=2034234
    AKA Reverae

Thanks
    It appears only some of the monster mechs have the functions to make them playable.

The only way you could make them playable is by modifying the .SWF, like Mon-Minotaur.swf and then loading it from an external source. I tried this quickly, but I just get a black screen when entering battle (might be a game function somewhere stopping an external .SWF in battle, I'm going to have to look into it further)

And as for loading other player's mechs, I don't see it being possible (it would need to be done through server calls).
    You will just need to find the shop where the mech is and grab the SWF location.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Ah dang that sucks, guess we'll make do with what's currently available.
    AKA Reverae

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    So i just spent hours trying to calculate a formula on how to create a balance way for scaling to work & found out that MQ handles scaling differently for the first 5 levels. How MQ handles mechs is that they start off really weak but after level 5, they get a damage boost & becomes linear. So first I tried out a high multiplier value & a low addition value which makes the mech have an equal damage level at low levels with normal mechs but I noticed that it becomes weaker than regular mechs after level 5 because of how MQ handles things. So then I tried out the low multiplier with a high addition value, just like how you coded the shadowhouse mechs, and their damage values for the first 5 levels were a lot higher than normal mechs but they soon become equal in damage levels afterwards & consistent even to level 40 & 50. I tried out a third method which you used for the Dragonguard & Doom lord which is to divide the level of the player then multiply it by 2. This method gives accurate readings for the 30 levels but becomes way too broken at high levels like 50.

TLDR: Low multiplier + high addition formula like the ones used in the shadowhouse mechs is the best & balanced method in doing the damage. It will only be op for the first 5 levels.
    AKA Reverae

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Here's mechs I've created so far

Chrono Corruptor
    https://codeshare.io/OdJ7lx

Vladic Dark Knight
    https://codeshare.io/X8KwAl

Shadowtech E3 Series
    https://codeshare.io/kmnYAM

Skullcrusher Ultimate
    https://codeshare.io/gLAEmw
    AKA Reverae

Thanks
    Yeah, I haven't updated the other mechs to the new formula that the Shadow mechs use yet.
    I think you still might be a little confused by it, based on your codeshares.
    Let me try to run through it a little better.

The addition in the formula should always be what it is at level 1.
    For example, the Skullcrusher attack has a minimum damage of 4 at level 1. So the addition would be 4.

To calculate the multiplier, subtract the level 1 value from any other levels value and then divide by said level.
    For example, the Skullcrusher attack has a minimum damage of 58 at level 35. So to get the multiplier for intDmgMin for instance, we would subtract the value of level 1 from the value of level 35:
    58 - 4 = 54
    Then we would take that value and divide it by 35.
    54 / 35 = 1.5428571... 1.543 rounded up.

Which leaves us with this formula:
    _level0.game.player.ptrObj.items[0].intDmgMin = Math.floor(_level0.game.player.ptrObj.intLevel * 1.543 + 4);

I've also added an if statement for when the player is level 1, here's a Codeshare of Skullcrusher Ultimate (with the added if statements): Skullcrusher Ultimate
    Last edited by Flash3113; 10-03-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast