Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Beginner Guide to using T-Search

This is a long post, but only takes about 10 minutes to read. Well worth it too.

Beginner Guide to using T-Search
    Written by arunforce

Tool(s) Needed:
    T-Search
    Win-RAR

Knowledge Needed:
    Basic understanding of variables

Intro

So what is a variable? In math, a variable is a letter which holds a value. In computers a variable is value stored in RAM. (Random Access Memory)
    Variables are the most important part of a computer, because without it, nothing would be really functioning. The way that a variable works in a computer is something like this. Let's say that I am five years old, but I am always aging, so for practical uses just writing 5 won't work. So thats where a variable comes in. It takes the spot of a number, and can change. So I could write: age = 5. That would define me as 5 years old in the computer. Once a certain amount of days has gone by, it would say age = 6. So, that wasn't so hard to understand, was it?

How it is used in games. In gaming, a variable can represent almost anything, anywhere from health (hp = 100), to completing a quest (killeddave84311 = 1). The most important part to understand with variables is 0 = FALSE, and 1 = TRUE. So now you understand where variables are used.

Now for the hard part.

Using T-Search to find Variables
    More specifically, you will not find variables, but the value of variables stored in addresses. It's not imperative that you know what an address is, so I will not explain it.

The first most important thing to do is to start up TSearch.exe. If you have a file that says T-Search_16.rar, you have to install Win-RAR, and extract all the files to a folder, by either right clicking on the file, and clicking "extract to tsearch_16" or by dragging all the files to an explorer window.

T-Search is a powerful tool, that accesses RAM to find values stored. So how do you find a value using T-Search? It's simple, basically you target the program, and search for what your are looking for. If you are playing a game, and it says you have 100 health, logically you would search for 100 in T-Search. (not always the case) But there is another thing that is important, unless you have lots of time. That is the size of the variable. Variables have 6 different sizes in T-Search, which is defined when you program a game. To know what size the variable is, ask yourself this question?

What is the largest possible value that this variable I am searching for would contain?

So this is how it works, if your variable you want, is less than or equal to:

Maximum of 256 = 1 Byte (16^2)
    Maximum of 65535 = 2 Bytes (256^2)
    Maximum of 4294967295 = 4 Bytes (65535^2)
    Maximum of 18446744065119617025 = 8 Bytes (4294967295^2)
    4 Digit Decimal Number = Float
    53 Bit Number = Double

So basically, this would be like saying I know my character can level up to only 180, so logically a programmer would assign it as a one byte variable (256). So when searching in T-Search, you would type in your current level, and select 1 byte. Now if you have no idea of what byte type to select, use 4 bytes. Generally it will be 4 bytes, if it is not a fixed number or hasn't been decided. If it's not 4, go for 1 byte, and if it isn't that try 2 bytes. It will almost never be 8 bytes, Float, or Double. 8 Bytes is a waste of computer memory, most processors can't handle complex operations with many 8 byte numbers (videogame wise). The only reason you would use a float is if you are looking for precise usage of X, Y, and Z coordinates. Doubles are almost never used, mainly in complex programs like Operating Systems, Drivers, etc...

Target a program, and then click "Init New Search" to begin finding values.

Refining your Search:
    I got ******** results, what am I doing wrong? That is what you should expect to find when hacking a complex game, or program. Now this is where it gets difficult. You have to change the value. Thats right, if you are trying to hack your health, you should get hit by a monster or weapon. You take that value, and refine your search by clicking the "Search Next" button. Type in your current HP and search. To prevent T-Search from discarding possible correct variables, do not change the value while it is searching. To prevent your health from rising, do not use a health pack, sit down, cast magic, or anything. If possible, pause the game.

So you narrowed it down, correct? Good. Now it is time to narrow it again, repeat changing the variable, and "Search Next" again. If you are successful, you will eventually narrow it down to 1 address, or 0 addresses.

Help! I reached zero!
    If you reached zero, either you messed up while searching (the value changed), or it is not the correct byte size, or the programmers have used mathematical functions to derail you off of finding the value. (Current Health = Health + 2) It is still possible to find the value using, "Has Increased", "Has Decreased", "Has Not Changed", "Has Changed", "Increase by", and "Decrease by". Infact I strongly recommend using those when hacking online games. Keep in mind that it could be a boolean variable in which you should search 0 for false, and 1 for true. This comes in handy when doing 1 state objects, like opening a treasure chest or a door. Why do I say that? There are only two possible states in many interactive objects. Opened and Closed. Closed generally will be 0, and opened will usally be 1.

Putting the variable to use
    Great, you found an address! Now it is time to use it! Select the address of the variable you found, and click the "add selected line(s) to the table." This will move it over to the table, where you can change the variable on your own. The first thing you should do is freeze the address. Click the box infront of the description, or "freeze selected line(s)" button. This will show a smiley face, which means the address is frozen. The next part is to goto the value cell, and replace the designated value with a more suitable value for you. So if you were hacking your health, freezing it at 10000 would mean that you would have 10000 health, and if it was not 10000, it would automatically be changed to 10000. So, basically this can be used from hacking, level, HP, SP, MP, almost anything with a variable!

Hacking Microsoft Calculator
    Hacking Microsoft Calculator no longer seems to be working. I will replace this with another program.
    Unconfident with your hacking abilites? No problem.
    This is a step by step guide on how to hack Calculator.

The first thing you should do is start up T-Search. If you do not know how to start it up, read under Intro. Then goto the Taskbar, and click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Calculator. Great! You are almost ready to begin hacking. The next step is to go back to T-Search and goto the bottom arrow right of Open Process, and select "calc.exe".

Now to find the values. Go inside calculator, and type in 20, and hit the equal sign. Now goto TSearch, and click "Init New Search". Change the byte value to 8 bytes, and type in 20 as the value, and make sure exact search is selected. Why 8 bytes? Think about it, a calcuator needs to store LARGE amounts of numbers, just incase for those complex problems. So LOGICALLY, you would look for an 8 byte variable. Now goto calculator again and type in 1, and be sure to hit equal or this will not work. Go back to TSearch, and click "Search Next", and type in 1 as the value, making sure it is exact value, and you have type at 8 bytes. Good. Now you have alot less values, if not 1. Keep refining your search following the same instructions but using a different number till you have 1 address. Move the address over to the table, by clicking "add selected line(s) to table". Freeze the value, by clicking the box left of description. Change the value of the address to 84311. Go back to calculator, and press the equal sign.

You did it! You hacked MS Calculator! Congratulations. Now to move on to hard things.

What should I hack next?
    Think about the next program you should hack. It should be quite simple, but harder. My recommended order of operations for hacking values is: Tools > Applications > Offline Games > Online Games.

Ok, that about covers how to use the basics of T-Search. Experiment with the tools, and eventually you will master it. I will write "Advanced Guide to using T-Search" later, when the demand is great.

Beginner Guide to using T-Search is property of MPGH.net
    Written by arunforce.
    Do not redistribute, edit, change, modify, post, or copy this in anyway without permission from the administrator of MPGH.net.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

2. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Tryptamine. (12-08-2007)