Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

How to give proper CnC

The Ultimate Guide in Giving CnC

Introduction
    Hello everyone, my name is Dylan Aka iTzSeyeko™, and I have been a member of MPGH for slightly over 3-4 years now. I live in the US, I have recently disappeared from the forums for 'unknown reasons', but I'm back now. I have been a GFX designer/Tagger for about 4-5 years, but i've been lost and to busy to open up cs6 Anyways! let's get onto CnC!

What is CnC?
    Well first of all, CnC stands for Constructive Criticism, like mentioned earlier. It is advice that can be mean't to help someone become the GFX designer/Tagger they've always wanted to be. CnC is something that can help someone out a lot if done correctly, but it can be useless if done incorrectly. That's why I'm here to show you guys how to give Constructive Criticism to someone to help them become a better GFX Designer/Tagger. CnC usually consists of three main topics:The good things of the Tag and what was done correctly, the bad parts and what could be improved, and the 'overall' of the Tag.

State good things about the Signature.
    Not all CnC is pointing out what's bad about the Signature. Pointing out the good can tell someone "Hey, you're doing xxx pretty good, so keep doing this in the future". For example, if I was recoloring something with a custom palette, someone could say "The colors you used fit together really well. Also the difference in the shading is near perfect, so keep it up". Now that I know the shading difference is good, I can use that advice on my next recolor.

Now let's see the type of good criticism to avoid.
    When you ask for CnC, you might see some comments such as the ones below.

I like this Signature
    It looks cool
    OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER
    I LOVE IT

These words are nice to hear, but it doesn't improve someone as a Gfx Designer very much now does it? These are opinions and what people think about it, not criticism.

For example. a nice CnC about a Signature
    [IMG]https://i1058.photobucke*****m/albums/t419/iTzSeyeko/Halo1.png[/IMG]

Good CnC:
    Nice tag man, Love the effects and the depth and ligthing in this one. but i believe some of your effects out shine your focal, maybe try erasing some of the lines above the focal and bring it out just a bit more Keep it up.

Bad CnC:
    I LOVE IT!
    WOW 10/10
    or
    This fucking sucks you fail
    stop designing your bad.

Anyways.. I just made this thread because im tired of showroom being spammed by looks cool or i like it,, with no CnC behind it.. people post there work so obviously they want it CnC'd
    @Doc @Ethereal
    Last edited by Mr.Seyeko; 01-26-2013 at 09:21 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Seyeko For This Useful Post:

2moms (05-21-2021),Eadwulf_ (12-29-2014),Elocrypt. (09-22-2014),Euphemistic (10-16-2013),iTzSeyeko™JR #1 (02-08-2013),yung trap lord (02-26-2015)