Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Red face Future of game hacking: will hacking even be possible in 10 years?

Hello fellow MPGH members,

I am starting this thread because I am growing concerned about the number of games that are utilizing anti-cheat mechanisms that prevent a cheater from doing almost anything. I am talking about the mechanisms that prevent any debugger or application like cheat engine from attaching to the game, and the mechanisms that make its memory un readable to cheat engine and similar programs.

I couldn't find anything on the Internet about this and have only recently been getting into writing cheats for games. Made my first dll that writes to memory using signatures (I know I'm a noob, but I understood wtf I was doing for the first time so I am very happy).

So I am opening up a discussion to see what you coders think about this: whether it is actually possible to reverse games that take these very serious procedures, and soon when big games like GTA et cetera et cetera. start using these procedures (if they can?), will game hacking even be a thing?

Discuss.

Thank you for your attention if you have read this far,
    Zen

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Anything clientside CAN and WILL eventually be broken. It's just a cat and mouse game, however I do think we'll see more and more use of machine learning algorithms that can detect you cheating on the serverside. VACNet is an example of this for CS:GO, they have made it very difficult even for private cheat providers to remain undetected. A lot of features like aimbot and spinbot can be detected this way, and even blatant wallhacking can probably be detected. There isn't much we can do to circumvent this. Wallhacks could be rendered useless with network occlusion, the best you could probably get then is a sound ESP.

TL;DR: Cheating will be around but probably not like we've seen in the past. Blatant rage-cheating will be virtually non-existant except by those with money and accounts to burn.
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    Anything clientside CAN and WILL eventually be broken. It's just a cat and mouse game, however I do think we'll see more and more use of machine learning algorithms that can detect you cheating on the serverside. VACNet is an example of this for CS:GO, they have made it very difficult even for private cheat providers to remain undetected. A lot of features like aimbot and spinbot can be detected this way, and even blatant wallhacking can probably be detected. There isn't much we can do to circumvent this. Wallhacks could be rendered useless with network occlusion, the best you could probably get then is a sound ESP.

TL;DR: Cheating will be around but probably not like we've seen in the past. Blatant rage-cheating will be virtually non-existant except by those with money and accounts to burn.
    haha, thanks for the reply. Yeah I agree, and I did some research around these obfuscating mechanisms game developers use. It turns out any person who's watched a few ollydbg tutorials can just disable these anti debugger functions just by changing a few flags, and eventually read past the code obfuscation and garbage used to confuse anyone debugging the game. And yeah, I actually read a while ago that Anti-virus company's are using machine learning and even considering deep-learning to detect virus's, and it's working with huge success. So there's no doubt that game company's have also been considering this as well, and are already using it. And if they start using deep-learning (given that they have enough resources to train their computer brain), I honestly think cheating will be pretty much next to nothing except for the sound ESP you mentioned, which would soon be detected deep-learning brain eventually given enough time. I guess all we can do is enjoy what we have now, because soon there will be nothing but sound esp's .

Thanks
    In my oppinion anything can be cracked and eventually cracked with time. The only constraint is how long will it take to break; although, games may bevome more resilient against game hackers, there will always be people that can bypass these systems with exploits.

Thanks
    simple answer: yes but god i wish it didnt