Thanks

Unpacking a VM protected exe using LCF-AT's script.

Hello, kind of a newbie here lol.

So I have this executable I'm looking to "crack", see, it doesn't function unless it gets authentication from its server, and I'm trying to get it to skip that, doing something you guys call 'reverse engineering'. My problem is that it is VMprotected. and all guides to unpack VMprotect are rare, and mostly App-specific.
    So I'm looking if someone can help me with that, since that would be great, I'm not looking for someone to do the work for me or anything. Just if someone has a little bit of free time and is willing to help me out with a thing or two :p
    My experience with debugging is fairly recent, but I have managed to get some software such as 'PowerIso' and some other low-no security apps

Again the only problem I have is with unpacking, that I have spent hours with but with no success.

That's all I have to say, hope someone replies ;p

Thanks
    The reasson u don't find a universal "How to do it" is because for ussual it is not possible.
    The Software Producer get paid for exactly the Feature that it is protected, after Virtualizing with it.
    They need to "crack" the specific VMWare Versions find out how it interprets the assembly output after it, then u can technically decode every Program which were virtualized by it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRohsoft View Post
    The reasson u don't find a universal "How to do it" is because for ussual it is not possible.
    The Software Producer get paid for exactly the Feature that it is protected, after Virtualizing with it.
    They need to "crack" the specific VMWare Versions find out how it interprets the assembly output after it, then u can technically decode every Program which were virtualized by it
    People have found ways to crack VMP 3.xx and VMP 1.x and 2.x
    I'm going to use LCF-AT's script to try to unpack the .exe assuming it is 1.x or 2.x, except for the fact that info on how to use it is sparse and vague.
    Everyone in the cracking community probably knows one way or another to bypass every single version of VMP available, except I do not know how to reach out to someone of such expertise.
    TBH if someone would take a look at the debugged executable, since it is just a loop of 'TEST' and 'JMP' any other useful info is VMProtected.