It`s not impossible but its tricky for US accounts and a bit of a risk now that they`ve switched over to MP. There`s a few issues. Digital items on a new account is high risk and almost all accounts will be flagged for ID verification within the first few days of opening no matter what items are being sold. We only make business accounts so I don`t know what is asked for, for personal accounts but generally. EIN verification, state articles, Director/owner ID verification document, bank statement and also a description of what type of items you plan to sell n Ebay. After that verification is passed its best to wait a while and build some history and good reviews on the account before trying to list digital items.

Personally I would not list any digital items on a US account that I was planning to sell physical items or services on or planning to use as a main account.

Also it would probably be worth looking into selling the item as a physical item in the case of activation codes by simply printing them out and sending via snail mail then uploading the tracking to Ebay... Ebay also monitors messages on its platform and will flag/ban accounts if it deems the message content violates their terms.