Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

[Discussion] Artificial intelligence [time/cpu power?]

I wonder when it's going to happen
    When will we turn into some kind of god-race (being able to create life, not as we know it)

Do we already have the required computer power?

If not how long will it take until we do?

Sientist believe that we'll have computers with the cpu power of the human brain before the year 2050

The sientist moore once said that the efficiency of our transistors in our computers double every year. But even that was underestimated, recent observations suggest that our efficiency doubles every 8 to 10 months

Back in moore's time they said that this would keep up until atleast 2015, but nano tech wasn't around back then. Maybe it can continue along this pase for even longer than 2015

But what if we already have the computer power?
    Think about it, there are millions of computers connected to the internet
    Maybe all he computers could simulate AI. I've been looking around, it seems that the total CPU power of the internet is not calculated as of yet. I think it's verry, verry big

/Discus

I'm SCHiM

Morals derive from the instinct to survive. Moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level.

Polymorphic engine
    Interprocess callback class
    SIN
    Infinite-precision arithmetic
    Hooking dynamic linkage
    (sloppy)Kernel mode Disassembler!!!

Semi debugger

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    computers will take over !!

未来が見えなくて怖いから
    未来が見えてしまって悲しいから
    目を閉じて優しい思い出に浸ってしまう

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    computers will take over !!
    Yea matrix dude

I'm SCHiM

Morals derive from the instinct to survive. Moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level.

Polymorphic engine
    SIN
    Hooking dynamic linkage

Semi debugger

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Big Synthe Diamonds used instead of Sillicium in Information Technologies = Will get to this.

With our current hardware technologies.. Well... That makes much stress for the hardware and isn't as close as powerful as this technology is/can be.

More speed, More resistance, More Love., So let's say the power isn't that far but the complexity is still there, But Ohwell, We all know this will be fully done soon enough, But it is certainly interesting.
    Love You All~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I believe you will see some mediocre AI's in the coming years. Keep in mind that the Brain uses MASSIVE parallel processing, and computer programs have always been focused on a single train of execution. The technology is there now for semi-autonomous vehicles, but we'll need about 10-15 more years I would say before it becomes affordable to mass produce such technology. By then we will have massively parallel graphene processors. You will start to see the beginnings of a robotic revolution with computers just starting to possess the processing power of a small gecko, and be able to do very specific tasks evolving perceptions. The AI ur talking about is a long way away, and I don't think we'll see it on the internet unless its some type of virus. Even if the technology was there, programming a decent AI will be an Enormous tasks.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    I believe you will see some mediocre AI's in the coming years. Keep in mind that the Brain uses MASSIVE parallel processing, and computer programs have always been focused on a single train of execution. The technology is there now for semi-autonomous vehicles, but we'll need about 10-15 more years I would say before it becomes affordable to mass produce such technology. By then we will have massively parallel graphene processors. You will start to see the beginnings of a robotic revolution with computers just starting to possess the processing power of a small gecko, and be able to do very specific tasks evolving perceptions. The AI ur talking about is a long way away, and I don't think we'll see it on the internet unless its some type of virus. Even if the technology was there, programming a decent AI will be an Enormous tasks.
    I know, but it would be so awesome. It gives me trills to know that I'll be there when AI gets greated. Maybe it will happen quickly maybe slowly, but it wil happen!

I'm SCHiM

Polymorphic engine
    SIN
    Hooking dynamic linkage

Semi debugger

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    If that time comes, ill be ready with a shotgun(just in case)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    With current technology - it's perfectly possible. However, the problem lies with us - humans. How do we code an AI? Especially one that will run on static hardware that will not improve?