Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

A Little Bit About Graphic Art That Most Don't Understand! (Please Sticky)

A little bit about graphic art that most don't understand.

Well this is going to be a long read, and I hope you read it.

When each individual person makes a signature, a large art, photo manipulation or anything like that. It comes from that individual person then it is based on them as a person. As deep as that sounds it is quite simple. It is based on what they know about whatever program they are using, be it Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Sony Vegas, Gimp, or even MS Paint. It is also based on what they like, and what they are into.

When they have a finished product and they either want to sell it, share it, or even destroy it that is their choice. In the end it is honestly what they want.

They choose different things, or they may choose to do nothing with it like I do with a lot of mine. Hidden, just for my reference.

When they choose to sell it, or share it, they are subject to criticism. Some don't like the criticism, and some find it helpful.

When there is in fact negative criticism, most rebel and usually get mad about it. This is a bad thing in itself, but that is also not the full problem.

The criticism, can be in fact the root of the problem.

Reading the thread on how to C&C doesn't really help a person provide proper C&C. When you actually sit down, with a blank mind, not thinking about what you've done, what others have done, or even what you have seen is when you can provide proper C&C.

When you give negative feedback, or even positive, you should take a second and think about what you as a person can do to help them get better.

You should think is there anything you can tell them besides saying, "The piece needs work, can't tell what's going on", you should try and post an actual response that helps them as in links to tutorials, a tutorial in your message for fix for what they are doing, to all in all actually be a productive member to provide the other member with something that actually helps them.

That is how you begin a change. When one person that is popular does this, it creates a movement. It starts to change the tide of High Quality Artists, and High Quality Members. That is when it actually goes from being a person in a community, to being a helpful member in the community.

When you do this, it not only makes you more of a Quality and Respected Member, but also makes the other person better at what they are trying to do. That creates a better community.

When this happens, and more people start to do it as well, then you will see more and more good graphic artists, along with a great community for it.

I'm saying this because a lot of the time on the forums I am on, and lurk on, I see people start a graphics path and end it in the same piece of work based on the bad criticism they've received and feel so bad about it, as lame as it may seem to read, but puts them down that they don't won't to try again, or even feel the need to. When you add in the help, the actual time to sit and think what you can do to help this member, you add in the chance for them to take another shot at it, because now they have something that might help them improve. Not only are you opening the door for a new artist, you are making it wider. This goes around to even experienced artists as well. No experienced artist likes hearing that his piece is bad without any further help to make it look better in the eyes of the community he is posting it too, which in turn means he is trying to impress them, but helps broaden things for them.

So next time you sit down, and look at a thread that you want to criticize. Criticize your post before you make it. Make sure that this is all you can do to help this person. Actually try, and I'm more than sure that you won't only help that person, but you will make them better as well. I'm sure their next piece will be even better.

I'm also sure when you see that piece and you see what you helped do, you will feel better about what you did as well.

Thank you if you read,
    pathogen_

P.S: Just try it guys <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    The fact that you only have 63 posts, and
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogen_ View Post
    I have been doing graphics for a month now. 1 month.
    , almost no experience with this bored, or with even GFX, kind of bugs the hell out of me. Especially when you make a post like this, then ask for it to be stickied. The title alone just proves to me, that you think you have sort of higher insight into this GFX board, and GFX in general. When I first started making Sigs, I did a tutorial, and it sucked dick. I got all kinds of responses, some good, some bad, but I took what they said, and worked on my problem areas in my next sig. When you don't use an effect well, you take this route,
    Yea, I'm just going to stop using text again for awhile.
    . You're focusing on the whole sig, instead of the individual parts that make it a good sig. You don't practice what you're bad at. Your personality, annoys me to bone scraping depths. You're a kiss ass also, which is annoying on it's own. I semi-apologize for going off on you, so randomly, and unprovoked, but when I saw this thread, with it's title, it tipped the scale of weather or not I was actually going to tell you how I felt about you. Every one started off sucking shit. Better too fuck up completely, on something you never tried before, than to fuck up on something you have done to the point of redundancy. Good Luck with your endeavors.
    Last edited by kublkun; 09-27-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    LATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by kublkun View Post
    The fact that you only have 63 posts, and , almost no experience with this bored, or with even GFX, kind of bugs the hell out of me. Especially when you make a post like this, then ask for it to be stickied. The title alone just proves to me, that you think you have sort of higher insight into this GFX board, and GFX in general. When I first started making Sigs, I did a tutorial, and it sucked dick. I got all kinds of responses, some good, some bad, but I took what they said, and worked on my problem areas in my next sig. When you don't use an effect well, you take this route, . You're focusing on the whole sig, instead of the individual parts that make it a good sig. You don't practice what you're bad at. Your personality, annoys me to bone scraping depths. You're a kiss ass also, which is annoying on it's own. I semi-apologize for going off on you, so randomly, and unprovoked, but when I saw this thread, with it's title, it tipped the scale of weather or not I was actually going to tell you how I felt about you. Every one started off sucking shit. Better too fuck up completely, on something you never tried before, than to fuck up on something you have done to the point of redundancy. Good Luck with your endeavors.
    Your grammar is trash, and a couple friends and I agree you suck at music and GFX, so I don't really care what you say, that is why I don't post in your threads, or anything really that you post in. You are lame, and a plague. Please rub your cancer out elsewhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Your grammar is trash, and a couple friends and I agree you suck at music and GFX, so I don't really care what you say, that is why I don't post in your threads, or anything really that you post in. You are lame, and a plague. Please rub your cancer out elsewhere.
    Woah, calm down now.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Woah, calm down now.
    I'm calm man, he just came in here and trashed my thread so I told him what's up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Yes, I'm trash at making my music, and GFX. You and your "few friends" certainly told me. What really hit the hardest, was when you insulted my grammar. You really "Told me what's up". If I knew you were this hardcore, I wouldn't have said anything. I thought I was dealing with some little, cocking sucking, pussy ass bitch, but you clearly aren't that. Damn, you really are the coolest kid on the Art and graphic design board.

Tip for graffiti, don't actually make the outline of the letter. Make outlines of the shapes for the letter.

I.E: The T has a box to make the middle and a box to make the top.

When you do this, you are able to easily picture where to go next with the tag after you do all the letter like that. Gives it more of a feel and is also easier to keep a flow with it. <3

Hope I helped!

so I don't really care what you say, that is why I don't post in your threads, or anything really that you post in.

I hope you respond lol.
    LATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Lolololol. Sticky.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post
    Lolololol. Sticky.
    Your avatar is the coolest avatar that I've ever seen