Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick

Fourth of July Fireworks

It was my first time shooting fireworks. Was in a pretty bad spot. D3100 w/ a 55-200mm (forgot to bring my wide angle). ISO 100. Used various shutter speeds (1-3 seconds).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I dislike them to be honest. The one I like the most would be the 3rd counting from the end.
    Im not going with the blur on the first pics, I dunno how to explain properly in english, but well thats the gist of it.
    Go out there and get more shots. (I prefer daytime shots, maybe thats one of the reasons I dislike this set)
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokou-Sama For This Useful Post:

Woodhouse (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    #4 Would have looked way doper if that Goddamn obstacle wasn't in the middle. I like #6 as well, but personally I would have cropped it..so much empty space.
    The others, are meh and seem to be lacking in quality compared to the ones I picked as my faves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Woodhouse (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    #4 Would have looked way doper if that Goddamn obstacle wasn't in the middle. I like #6 as well, but personally I would have cropped it..so much empty space.
    The others, are meh and seem to be lacking in quality compared to the ones I picked as my faves.
    #6 actually looks like it was cropped. Just not...well.

If you really want to get serious about this OP, you have to stay away from gimmick shots. They're pointless. Fireworks photos have been beaten to death. Doesn't matter how you shoot them.

I'm guilty of shooting gimmicks when I first started, but the sooner you end that phase, the better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Woodhouse (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

#6 actually looks like it was cropped. Just not...well.

If you really want to get serious about this OP, you have to stay away from gimmick shots. They're pointless. Fireworks photos have been beaten to death. Doesn't matter how you shoot them.

I'm guilty of shooting gimmicks when I first started, but the sooner you end that phase, the better.
    As are flowers, sunsets, night skies, landscapes and cityscapes,...I could go on and on. It was my first time shooting fireworks and more so, working w/ long exposures, which is why I did it. #6, #9, and #10 are all cropped due to my bad spot (which I mentioned in my OP). I was sitting behind a giant ass palm tree and numerous other obstacles so I attempted to crop accordingly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    I dislike them to be honest. The one I like the most would be the 3rd counting from the end.
    Im not going with the blur on the first pics, I dunno how to explain properly in english, but well thats the gist of it.
    Go out there and get more shots. (I prefer daytime shots, maybe thats one of the reasons I dislike this set)
    You mean the long exposure is a bit more apparent in the first shots? Like the streaking of the light? Yeah. I see what you mean.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It's a palm tree LOL...Welcome to Southern California XD. #6 had a tree directly to the left of it. I tried completely square cropping, but it didn't look right. Like I said. Bad spot.