Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You plan too big without experience. You gotta take baby steps man

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice Cube For This Useful Post:

Ddoserploxer (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddoserploxer View Post
    If i may ask; How old are you and, how smart? You have very nice grammar and, I guess good information. I'd research it but I'd like you to explain to me what a business model is if that makes since.
    In simple terms:
    Business model => "How do I get money from this app".
    Does using the application cost something to the users?
    Or is it funded only with advertisement revenue?
    Or something between them?
    Is it pay-once application or subscription based (monthly-fee) application.

Advertisement revenue could then be further split into sponsoring agreements / partnerships and more traditional ads like those provided by google ads.

It does not matter how popular your application will get if you don't know how to profit from it, that's what he meant

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PraiseCthulhu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus3XP View Post
    You plan too big without experience. You gotta take baby steps man
    haha is that good? and, how would I start baby steps with this? and, what do you think the odds of me becoming a billionaire from my app; like snapchat,instagram,facebook,twitter?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    haha is that good? and, how would I start baby steps with this? and, what do you think the odds of me becoming a billionaire from my app; like snapchat,instagram,facebook,twitter?
    Mate, you are messing up.

You're doing this for the money not as your passion.

Rich people became rich from passion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice Cube For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseCthulhu View Post
    In simple terms:
    Business model => "How do I get money from this app".
    Does using the application cost something to the users?
    Or is it funded only with advertisement revenue?
    Or something between them?
    Is it pay-once application or subscription based (monthly-fee) application.

Advertisement revenue could then be further split into sponsoring agreements / partnerships and more traditional ads like those provided by google ads.

It does not matter how popular your application will get if you don't know how to profit from it, that's what he meant
    Well since it would be for gamers; I'd go with ads because I see instagram has made billions from it and, snapchat I see the sponsors so, ads does sound good. Also I'd like it too be free to the public so, millions/billions could download. I'm a one man team on this billion dollar idea; I'm honestly gonna go to school and, ask around if anyone has experience with anything involved in this project. Who would you guys think would be most useful in the process of making an app? Anyone here would like to help? Expenses, art, coding, marketing, resources etc.. 17 looking to retire by the age of 20 so, all the help I could get would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, you are messing up.

You're doing this for the money not as your passion.

Rich people became rich from passion.
    Well the passion is in the app not the money but money is the bonus of I guess you could say having the idea? I'm in no way of bragging I'm just excited to know I thought of something that will be life changing If I figure out how to go about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well since it would be for gamers; I'd go with ads because I see instagram has made billions from it and, snapchat I see the sponsors so, ads does sound good. Also I'd like it too be free to the public so, millions/billions could download. I'm a one man team on this billion dollar idea; I'm honestly gonna go to school and, ask around if anyone has experience with anything involved in this project. Who would you guys think would be most useful in the process of making an app? Anyone here would like to help? Expenses, art, coding, marketing, resources etc.. 17 looking to retire by the age of 20 so, all the help I could get would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the passion is in the app not the money but money is the bonus of I guess you could say having the idea? I'm in no way of bragging I'm just excited to know I thought of something that will be life changing If I figure out how to go about it.
    Believe me, your idea sounds very simple. Many many many many many many many forums exist about various stuff.

You're just going to act chinese, copying ideas from other apps. You gotta be ORIGINAL. Original means a new concept. Your concept is already similarly existing somewhere else, that won't make you a billion. It's nearly impossible to become a billionaire now trust me. The max you can do with your app would be 20k estimate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice Cube For This Useful Post:

Ddoserploxer (04-30-2017)

Thanks
    Believe me, your idea sounds very simple. Many many many many many many many forums exist about various stuff.

You're just going to act chinese, copying ideas from other apps. You gotta be ORIGINAL. Original means a new concept. Your concept is already similarly existing somewhere else, that won't make you a billion. It's nearly impossible to become a billionaire now trust me. The max you can do with your app would be 20k estimate
    Well understandable from you're way of putting stuff; There is no chance in becoming a billionaire. But not trying to put you down but instead I'll convince you that my app idea; would have everything it needs to make it stand out from others and, actually help others and, entertain" you could say people. And, I'm glad you did respond towards my topic the way you did because it does show there is some people out there that want to understand and, figure out how and, I'm fine with explaining. But the only really explaining I could do would be just telling you to trust me when I say that gamers need what I have in stores for them and, that it could change the way gamers go about gaming. I don't want to throw spoilers about my app because for one I have no money to create it or, begin on working on it. I don't have the knowledge yet to create/write/develop etc.. in the coding field/design so, how would I go about art wise when it came to the app? Like how mpgh is set up(all the colors, special features, all that jazz) or, like how instagram and, snapchat just various differences that makes everyone unique you know? Would I just hire a team of designer and, explain and, they handle it from there? And, How do I go about just the prototype sort of; like write on a piece of paper how everything would be an have a format of what and, what? I have so, much to explain and, learn but like everyone is saying; think baby steps and, go from there. I need to be explained on what video's I should watch what information to research; how much money should I be looking to invest where to go to protect my idea an such. Sorry for being so picky and, not going about it myself and, thank you all for all the help and, suggestions everyone has gave me it really helps alot. But I've still yet to take matters into my own hands and, everyday afterschool go and, work on this project. I am lazy and, still be hanging out with friends and, such so, I'd have to blame myself for not putting in 100%. So, for anyone who understands at what I'm trying to get at come at me with full knowledge and, information and, content and, what to and, what not to do. I have my hands tied for now though just returning back to school after getting kicked out mid 10th grade year around, january and, missing all of my 11th grade. But I've been back in school since april 4th; so, I'm getting work done and, working hard towards my future. Mpgh I do believe I'm relying on hard which is funny since it is just an online forum but this forum is full of some brilliant minds and, the creator as it is; Is a creator of something millions of people is using and, everyone interacts with so, I trust that this forum could maybe change my life if I actually believe and, put my all in for those who chose to go out their way to help. <3!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

i dont think there is originallity today only really complex stuff, in terms of apps someone already thought about your idea and probably already did it so its all about improving what is already done.
    there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adsvunu For This Useful Post:

Ddoserploxer (05-23-2017)

Thanks
    messed up on the quote response -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    read the first ~6 lines. To make a android app, You need to know java, to make an IOS app, you need to know objective-c, for a website, PHP/node.js or another back-end web language, For the front-end you need to know HTML, CSS, And JS. For one person to do that, Will take you a 'little' time. Judging from what you wrote, You don't have any past experience in programming? Not trying to be a kill joy, But people don't just invest time for free towards someone without resources. When I say resources, I mean people willing to invest money to your program.

After you make all this, What is your business model going to be?
    Hey sorry for responding again to the response you gave me but I was wondering if you could clarify something for me. I'm wanting to release for both android and, Apple(ios); So, if I learn C# like flengo said will that cut some time off or, just be better an allow me to achieve my goal quicker? And, when I go to learn to code what am I supposed to be searching for? If I look up how to learn to code in C# what then will I need mostly for creating an app? I'll explain it simpler in the way I think I am. So, I understand that an app won't just build itself an it takes time. What am I needing to search specifically or, there is nothing specific when it comes to coding it all just purgers together I'm guessing? I have yet to take anytime to learn any code (sorry ...)but I'm wanting to begin now until school lets out. And, about the web site; would you recommend me also building a website so, it can function like cross-platform sorta if you; don't have have a phone you can just use a computer if you have access to one and, then you would have the same functions as you would on you're phone. An you mentioned that since I don't have any experience in any of these languages an that it would take some time to learn? How long you think It would take for me to learn enough(Who is a good tutorial teacher for learning to code (Flengo said this "learn C# and use Xamarin Studio which is an IDE and it'll allow you to develop for both Android and iOS by using C#.") and, I'm also needing to learn the website code language who would be also a good tutorial teacher?). One more thing an sorry for all the questions an thanks in advanced for all the help! But when I go to code for the app how would I add features like mpgh has "details" an the color or, just in general layout. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ddoserploxer; 05-23-2017 at 07:25 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ddoserploxer For This Useful Post:

Zombie (05-25-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    messed up on the quote response -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Hey sorry for responding again to the response you gave me but I was wondering if you could clarify something for me. I'm wanting to release for both android and, Apple(ios); So, if I learn C# like flengo said will that cut some time off or, just be better an allow me to achieve my goal quicker? And, when I go to learn to code what am I supposed to be searching for? If I look up how to learn to code in C# what then will I need mostly for creating an app? I'll explain it simpler in the way I think I am. So, I understand that an app won't just build itself an it takes time. What am I needing to search specifically or, there is nothing specific when it comes to coding it all just purgers together I'm guessing? I have yet to take anytime to learn any code (sorry ...)but I'm wanting to begin now until school lets out. And, about the web site; would you recommend me also building a website so, it can function like cross-platform sorta if you; don't have have a phone you can just use a computer if you have access to one and, then you would have the same functions as you would on you're phone. An you mentioned that since I don't have any experience in any of these languages an that it would take some time to learn? How long you think It would take for me to learn enough(Who is a good tutorial teacher for learning to code (Flengo said this "learn C# and use Xamarin Studio which is an IDE and it'll allow you to develop for both Android and iOS by using C#.") and, I'm also needing to learn the website code language who would be also a good tutorial teacher?). One more thing an sorry for all the questions an thanks in advanced for all the help! But when I go to code for the app how would I add features like mpgh has "details" an the color or, just in general layout. Thanks!
    You've got a loooooooooooooooong road ahead of you man. I work as a DBA (Database Administrator), I manage almost a million product listings spread across a dozen websites, two of those sites being our own. I work closely with every department of the company such as Customer Service, Marketing and our Graphic Designers. I do a lot of smaller projects with stuff around the site that requires some touch ups with PHP or CSS/Node.JS.

When you talk about making an app to make millions, and to do it on your own, you're pretty much talking out your ass. No offense but I've read through this thread and I've noticed you have 0 experience with any type of computer language. Starting from scratch knowing absolutely nothing about the process is possible, but very very very unlikely. Creating an app requires hiring people to work for you to do their part, which all comes together to make the app. You're 17 years old, you can't legally own and organize an LLC (limited liability company) in numerous states across the U.S., and the people you want to hire won't trust you if you're paying them under the table so you'll have to setup payroll, but wait, you can't enroll for payroll as you haven't established an LLC, therefor you can't give anyone a paycheck. This goes for all parts of the app, coding, graphics, writing the actual content.

I'm 20, I live in Florida, have lived here my whole life. I started a gaming computer "business" back in 2015, I say business in quotes due to me not establishing an LLC yet around the company. It's been 2 years, I've built probably hundreds of PCs, super high-end, mid range and even serverracks and artstations, I've done them all, and in these past 2-3 years, I've had 6 employees come and go, 4 excluding me are currently employed under me, meaning I pay them every 2 weeks. After 3 long years, I've only pocketed $650 because I needed new tires badly, that's it. 100% of the revenue that my company makes, goes right back into the company/employees. "Chris needs a new chair? I got you Chris, it'll arrive in 2 days". I'm getting off-topic, but you get the point. This is a bold bold task you're taking on, and a long, hard and very fucking stressful road ahead of you.

If you're super serious about learning everything and knocking everything out on your own, it'll take some time and you're not going to retire by 20. I'm 20, I make just under 100k/year at my Full-Time job and take home nothing from my business. You're not going to get rich overnight.

I suggest you take up HTML5 & CSS3 first. Front-end web development. There's plenty of documentation online that are easy to follow. Both HTML and CSS are very very simple languages and while you can't make an app from them (technically you can), it's a very great place to start and an excellent pair of languages to have under your belt and to put on your resume.

If I showed you this:

Code:
    #include "stdafx.h"
    #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int x;
    int y;

int main()
    {
    	cout << "Let's calculate an average!" << "\n" << "\n";			// Simple title, going to figure out colors next

cout << "Input your first number: " << "\n" << "\n";			// Asks for input, no actual search for an input
    	cin >> x;								// Grabs users input, stores it in x
    	cout << "\n";								// Line skip to make it look pretty
    	cout << "Your first number is: " << x << "\n" << "\n";			// Spits back x value, because why not

cout << "Input your second number: " << "\n" << "\n";			// Asks for input, no actual search for an input
    	cin >> y;								// Grabs users input, stores it in y
    	cout << "Your second number is: " << y << "\n" << "\n";			// Spits back y value, because why not

system("cls");								// Clear that shit

cout << "Your average is: " << (x + y) / 2 << "\n" << "\n";		// Outputs the average, super simple.

return 0;									// Ain't returnin' shit.
    }
    Are you able to make sense of any of this? I personally just picked up C++ Primer 5th Edition, 1400+ Pages, to read and teach myself C++. You, with no prior coding experience whatsoever, can not make any sense of that code. If you were to know at least some CSS/JS, you'd be able to figure out the Syntax and what everything does, for the most part. I myself am not an expert with PHP even though I use it literally every day at work but due to the fact of me mastering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; I can pick up on the Syntax of PHP and get a basic idea of what each tag does. Knowing this, it will make it a million times easier for me to master PHP when I do eventually decide to pick up a book on it.

All of information, I know. All in all, just know that this is a large invest with time and money. To do everything yourself will take years. It will take at least 4-5 years to master C#. Also, take everything I said with a grain of salt as everyone's situation is different. I went to high school with this kid that said he was going to be rich no matter what. He wasn't the smartest kid, kinda goofy, really nice though. He didn't have much money to begin with, I remember buying him lunch one day so he wouldn't go hungry. 2 years later and this dude's dressed super nice and running for City Mayor in my hometown. He's got a nice car, an apartment that's on the smaller side but you gotta start somewhere, and he's into politics. He had nothing and made something out of it, I'm sure you can do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepieceofshit View Post
    i have another hack

come pm on mpgh

u press f1 you get dick in ur butt

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie For This Useful Post:

Ddoserploxer (05-30-2017)

Thanks
    I could offer myself to this but would need you to invest a little.
    If I'm going to invest my time to making your project viable I need you to invest your money to show that actually you think this is worth spending money on

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieCake View Post
    You've got a loooooooooooooooong road ahead of you man. I work as a DBA (Database Administrator), I manage almost a million product listings spread across a dozen websites, two of those sites being our own. I work closely with every department of the company such as Customer Service, Marketing and our Graphic Designers. I do a lot of smaller projects with stuff around the site that requires some touch ups with PHP or CSS/Node.JS.

When you talk about making an app to make millions, and to do it on your own, you're pretty much talking out your ass. No offense but I've read through this thread and I've noticed you have 0 experience with any type of computer language. Starting from scratch knowing absolutely nothing about the process is possible, but very very very unlikely. Creating an app requires hiring people to work for you to do their part, which all comes together to make the app. You're 17 years old, you can't legally own and organize an LLC (limited liability company) in numerous states across the U.S., and the people you want to hire won't trust you if you're paying them under the table so you'll have to setup payroll, but wait, you can't enroll for payroll as you haven't established an LLC, therefor you can't give anyone a paycheck. This goes for all parts of the app, coding, graphics, writing the actual content.

I'm 20, I live in Florida, have lived here my whole life. I started a gaming computer "business" back in 2015, I say business in quotes due to me not establishing an LLC yet around the company. It's been 2 years, I've built probably hundreds of PCs, super high-end, mid range and even serverracks and artstations, I've done them all, and in these past 2-3 years, I've had 6 employees come and go, 4 excluding me are currently employed under me, meaning I pay them every 2 weeks. After 3 long years, I've only pocketed $650 because I needed new tires badly, that's it. 100% of the revenue that my company makes, goes right back into the company/employees. "Chris needs a new chair? I got you Chris, it'll arrive in 2 days". I'm getting off-topic, but you get the point. This is a bold bold task you're taking on, and a long, hard and very fucking stressful road ahead of you.

If you're super serious about learning everything and knocking everything out on your own, it'll take some time and you're not going to retire by 20. I'm 20, I make just under 100k/year at my Full-Time job and take home nothing from my business. You're not going to get rich overnight.

I suggest you take up HTML5 & CSS3 first. Front-end web development. There's plenty of documentation online that are easy to follow. Both HTML and CSS are very very simple languages and while you can't make an app from them (technically you can), it's a very great place to start and an excellent pair of languages to have under your belt and to put on your resume.

If I showed you this:

Code:
    #include "stdafx.h"
    #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int x;
    int y;

int main()
    {
    	cout << "Let's calculate an average!" << "\n" << "\n";			// Simple title, going to figure out colors next

cout << "Input your first number: " << "\n" << "\n";			// Asks for input, no actual search for an input
    	cin >> x;								// Grabs users input, stores it in x
    	cout << "Your first number is: " << x << "\n" << "\n";			// Spits back x value, because why not

cout << "Input your second number: " << "\n" << "\n";			// Asks for input, no actual search for an input
    	cin >> y;								// Grabs users input, stores it in y
    	cout << "Your second number is: " << y << "\n" << "\n";			// Spits back y value, because why not

system("cls");								// Clear that shit

cout << "Your average is: " << (x + y) / 2 << "\n" << "\n";		// Outputs the average, super simple.

return 0;									// Ain't returnin' shit.
    }
    Are you able to make sense of any of this? I personally just picked up C++ Primer 5th Edition, 1400+ Pages, to read and teach myself C++. You, with no prior coding experience whatsoever, can not make any sense of that code. If you were to know at least some CSS/JS, you'd be able to figure out the Syntax and what everything does, for the most part. I myself am not an expert with PHP even though I use it literally every day at work but due to the fact of me mastering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; I can pick up on the Syntax of PHP and get a basic idea of what each tag does. Knowing this, it will make it a million times easier for me to master PHP when I do eventually decide to pick up a book on it.

All of information, I know. All in all, just know that this is a large invest with time and money. To do everything yourself will take years. It will take at least 4-5 years to master C#. Also, take everything I said with a grain of salt as everyone's situation is different. I went to high school with this kid that said he was going to be rich no matter what. He wasn't the smartest kid, kinda goofy, really nice though. He didn't have much money to begin with, I remember buying him lunch one day so he wouldn't go hungry. 2 years later and this dude's dressed super nice and running for City Mayor in my hometown. He's got a nice car, an apartment that's on the smaller side but you gotta start somewhere, and he's into politics. He had nothing and made something out of it, I'm sure you can do the same.
    Bro thanks so, much for such a great informational/motivational/realistic(POV) response, haha sorry for all the bragging for you're post but dang looks like you know what it takes to achieve what I'm asking. I've went through an read an, re read to make sure I'm understanding correctly and, from what I'm getting at is that you want me to study ("I suggest you take up HTML5 & CSS3 first. Front-end web development (*Also James bond replied with me needing to learn a *back end language*) (for a website, PHP/node.js or another back-end web language, For the front-end you need to know HTML, CSS, And JS.).").But after all that; it's all leading into learning to build a website an in the process it helps me pick up on some code for building an app? Also you say this ("This goes for all parts of the app, coding, graphics, writing the actual content."), I'd have to know all that to build my own app? What is the most important for me to learn and, that would benefit me an also giving me some time cut from learning everything and, just being able to hire the less needed ability's. An If I just go straight for learning to build a website; doesn't that waste time that I could be learning code? If you can link me to videos with teaching the most needed information to create apps; or, tell me the best of the best books to get for learning C# would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm wanting to release for both android and, Ios so, what (*flengo mentions* C# and use Xamarin Studio which is an IDE and it'll allow you to develop for both Android and iOS by using C#.). Once again thanks so, much for the response! An sorry for re asking maybe already answered questions but from you; I'd like to see what is you're opinion on what's above if you don't mind; And, one last thing. You mention this "C++ Primer 5th Edition, 1400+ Pages, to read and teach myself C++.". Why don't I also pick up on that; or, is that to advanced? Thanks again everyone! For all the responses and, help; It really is motivation for me to see everyone caring and, actually responding with such great information. If I actually make it with this app I'll be sure to repay all who helped haha :P If I can find you or, if you're still on mpgh(off topic but :P) p.s I'm guessing I should maybe attend a college an
    Last edited by Ddoserploxer; 05-30-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Bro thanks so, much for such a great informational/motivational/realistic(POV) response, haha sorry for all the bragging for you're post but dang looks like you know what it takes to achieve what I'm asking. I've went through an read an, re read to make sure I'm understanding correctly and, from what I'm getting at is that you want me to study ("I suggest you take up HTML5 & CSS3 first. Front-end web development (*Also James bond replied with me needing to learn a *back end language*) (for a website, PHP/node.js or another back-end web language, For the front-end you need to know HTML, CSS, And JS.).").But after all that; it's all leading into learning to build a website an in the process it helps me pick up on some code for building an app? Also you say this ("This goes for all parts of the app, coding, graphics, writing the actual content."), I'd have to know all that to build my own app? What is the most important for me to learn and, that would benefit me an also giving me some time cut from learning everything and, just being able to hire the less needed ability's. An If I just go straight for learning to build a website; doesn't that waste time that I could be learning code? If you can link me to videos with teaching the most needed information to create apps; or, tell me the best of the best books to get for learning C# would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm wanting to release for both android and, Ios so, what (*flengo mentions* C# and use Xamarin Studio which is an IDE and it'll allow you to develop for both Android and iOS by using C#.). Once again thanks so, much for the response! An sorry for re asking maybe already answered questions but from you; I'd like to see what is you're opinion on what's above if you don't mind; And, one last thing. You mention this "C++ Primer 5th Edition, 1400+ Pages, to read and teach myself C++.". Why don't I also pick up on that; or, is that to advanced? Thanks again everyone! For all the responses and, help; It really is motivation for me to see everyone caring and, actually responding with such great information. If I actually make it with this app I'll be sure to repay all who helped haha :P If I can find you or, if you're still on mpgh(off topic but :P) p.s I'm guessing I should maybe attend a college an
    Well I suggest that you learn HTML5 & CSS3 not because you'll be using it on your apps (you probably won't be) but so that you can get your feet wet in the world of programming and coding. Jumping straight into the C language without any prior programming knowledge is a very very difficult task, so if you were to take up HTML and CSS, you'll get a feel for syntax's and you'll learn how to make sense of other languages even if you've never seen it before. And as far as the app goes, I suggest you plan out the app with what it will look like with features and various pages etc. Like a brainstorm, scribbles on paper, draw a phone's screen and then draw what you want the app to look like, where would the menu button go? Do you want your Contact Us page at the bottom of the homescreen or on a separate page? If you have the skeleton of an app planned out, the blueprints, then you can hire a programmer to bring it to life, you can hire a graphics designer to add flare and color.
    i have another hack

come pm on mpgh

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie For This Useful Post:

Ddoserploxer (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Well DAMN!!! TYYYYY. I don't really have anything else to say; you added it all up with that last response. Could you send me a link to some informational videos were i can learn or, some good books to pick up to learn this? Basically I guess all I need now is where to begin ty bro for going out your're time and, for the advice!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ddoserploxer For This Useful Post:

Zombie (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Well DAMN!!! TYYYYY. I don't really have anything else to say; you added it all up with that last response. Could you send me a link to some informational videos were i can learn or, some good books to pick up to learn this? Basically I guess all I need now is where to begin ty bro for going out your're time and, for the advice!
    Start with creating a simple HTML & CSS website. https://www.w3schools.com/ has plenty of information on a lot of different languages. Do HTML first, then CSS. Once you understand the basics, make a website with different pages and such!
    i have another hack

come pm on mpgh

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie For This Useful Post:

Ddoserploxer (06-10-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast