Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Help me edit a html website

I need to edit a html site and im not very good at html coding, but i am in the process of learning!
    I need help with the layout and images/title. PM me, or skype me: AlmostClutch
    Want a modded xbox lobby? I do most games

Contact me!! Skype:b3faster

Please donate so I can keep doing lobbies!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    simple solution... use google docs to make everything how you want it, then highlight everything and then view source code - should be highlighted allowing you to copy the code to an html text editor. Alternatively, install ********* and make your front page, a static page, and then make the page however you want. If you need grafix, steal them from the internet. I like searching with duckduckgo.com. Also, for text images, cooltex*****m works great.

Experiment, have fun, and learn.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Could you maybe go into more detail about the Google docs part please? @Spitt
    Want a modded xbox lobby? I do most games

Contact me!! Skype:b3faster

Please donate so I can keep doing lobbies!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    You use a simple text editor which will set the html up for you, and paste the source code (the google doc's wordprocessor source code), into that section. Highlight what you make, copy it in between the <body> and </body> portions of the html. Set your title, and name it index.html, then upload to your "site".

Another option to make a simple website, is to use word-press. Install the Suffusion theme. Make a page, not a post. Save the page without columns. Set up a a header image or title. Then just go through the settings until you find set static page as your front page and link to the page you already made.

These are simple solutions, which work amazingly well - and it's almost what I did, when I started out making sites. I actually started with Netscape, since it had a WYSIWYG editor, and then for tuff stuff, used google docs to paste stuff in. Till I found phpbb and mkportal, that is. Then I made a forums, which worked well, till I saw it start to die, and switched on over to word-press, which is still where I am at now.

To make a cool looking logo, try cooltex*****m, save as a transparent png file, unless you plan to make your own grafix.

I will keep being subscribed to this for a week, to see if there are more responses...
    Last edited by Spitt; 10-19-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    I can help you if you still need help ^^

Thanks
    Adobe Dreamweaver is the way to go it may be a little pricey but you can always just legally obtain it. Then you can just download the website with HTTTracker and modify everything in Dreamweaver.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    For graphix, I usually go with a combo of cooltext dot com and macromedia fireworks (yes I use the older version - not adobe's version) and then I also use word-press for almost every site since it can even have in there forums with bbpress. If you're looking for a theme - I recommend flexitheme dot com. I have tried many free versions, but nothing is super nice without a lot of work. If you can't afford the $20 for a theme, you can use a free one from there, or go with something like suffusion which is free, and then edit it to your liking.