Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

How to avoid being scammed

Lately an uprising amount of scamming events have been happening in mpgh. There is an average of 3 new scammers a day or well known forumers that go rogue.
    Anyways enough with the pitying. I'm going to drop down some tips on how NOT to get scammed.

• One of the biggest reason you guys get scammed is because you fall for the price.
    The price alone already tells us enough about a seller. What I mean by this is no one sells something that's quite valuable like let's say €70 for €5. This is an obvious scam. This is one of the most cases I've seen where other forumers got ripped for like 300$ just to get a 500$ card. The holders themselves are not stupid at all , they would rather keep it for themselves if they are going to sell it cheap.
    It's a way different scenario if the purchase price is close to the value or if it's being traded for a demanded item.

To summarize this : Too good to be true = scam

• Before purchasing from a seller , check his reputation, his feedback. Use the search button provided top right corner on the forum and search for the user. If there is barely any negative feedback then you're good to go , just keep your guard up.

• There is no friendship in the market. By this I mean virtual friendship doesn't exist. This means your virtual friend may and will have the potential to steal your money/account/information. Don't trust anyone no matter what. The very first chance they get you will probably get back stabbed.

• Do not give fake vouches, that is against the rules , and gives potential to a successful scam.

• The very first time you encounter a scammer , MPGH has a sub-thread https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=165 It's very important to report scammers here, with all proof provided including screenshots of chats and his skype profile and mpgh profile. I can't emphasize this enough. Use this format : https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=278648

• There is no mercy from scammers. Don't think that you're special no matter what your social rank is. A scammer will do anything to gain from you.

• Definition of Lifetime Warranty : This does not mean the lifetime of your life. No one does that crap. Lifetime warranty means the lifetime of the shop stock and their activity. Once the shop is closed , it's closed no point of begging .

Thanks for reading , sorry for the long post. I had to put this out there .

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice Cube For This Useful Post:

FWEgHGrhhgyRG2$@$ (02-14-2017),Pimples700 (02-14-2017),RustySteel (02-16-2017),Sir Billy (02-14-2017)

Thanks
    Good post there man, hopefully some people will take a read Also please, I know it seems obvious but don't download something if you don't trust it...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaPanda13 View Post
    Good post there man, hopefully some people will take a read Also please, I know it seems obvious but don't download something if you don't trust it...
    Downloading something is another story , nothing to do with the selling of accounts stuff

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thank you my man! Ive been scammed twice on here so ill make sure to keep some of these recommendations on my mind

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    No problem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Can't stress the lifetime warranty thing enough.

Running a top notch service!
    Make sure you've added the correct guy by verifying through the button above!
    I NEVER take payments UPFRONT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by okyleokyle View Post
    Can't stress the lifetime warranty thing enough.
    Yeah many don't seem to get it unfortunately.

publicclassLocation{publicstativoidmain(String[]args){System.out.println("Sparkle,CoastalMall,Moa");
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    This is very informative thank you for doing this
    Respect List:

@DaneCoder
    @Joker
    @lagger
    @Coderz

Thanks
    I appreciate that someone took out the time to make some quick "How to not get scammed 101". However, the level of scams keep getting more intricate with each passing day and no matter how well prepared one may think he is, he won't be.

The rule of thumb to live by is, do not trust anyone on the internet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Helpful post ! Thanks for taking the time to write this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsumSoap View Post
    Downloading something is another story , nothing to do with the selling of accounts stuff
    Most definitely, but may as well chuck up a warning

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ByodoM View Post
    I appreciate that someone took out the time to make some quick "How to not get scammed 101". However, the level of scams keep getting more intricate with each passing day and no matter how well prepared one may think he is, he won't be.

The rule of thumb to live by is, do not trust anyone on the internet.

There's a difference between someone unaware of how scams work or how they are done, by who knows.

I'm pretty sure whoever is aware really rarely gets scammed, and knows procedures to get his loss back.

That rule of thumb also is to be applied outside the virtual world, however we must define "Do not trust" in more words. Let's take an example for wise people, when someone is wise , he knows that there is no trust to be done on anyone but himself, and that also no risks mean no rewards. Do we trust banks to handle our money? Not really, but why do we still do it? Because it's safer that way. Banks can go bankrupt and many people will end up loosing a lot of money. There were previous cases like this in the past.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Check his skype ID, forum name and email on Google - this is the fast and easy way to see if he scammed on other forums.
    Checking here for his reputation is more or less useless - negative comments normally come after the scam report = you are fucked already
    Pay in advance only to long time sellers if needed (more of them want payment on confirmation - coincidence ? ), rarely SE service needs investment to be done.
    FucK that "I have 500+ posts I'm legit af" > shitposters all over the place to take vouch copy

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. […] My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, millennium-it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
    -The Sith Emperor

Member - 06.05.2010
    Premium Member - 08.12.2015
    News Force - 24.10.2016 / 26.03.2018
    Publicist - 06.12.2017 / XX.XX.2018
    Battlefield Minion - 23.12.2017
    GTA Minion - 23.01.2018

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I think just to sum up a general rule you should follow: if it sounds too good to be true then it generally is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    the lifetime thing is not exactly a scam
    "depends on the user offering"
    lifetime of a niche and a shop is no more than a year or two in most cases.
    people know that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast