Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Question Your current and dream job

Dear friends,

I'd like to talk about a big part of our lifes: work.
    I've been struggling for years to find which job would suit me the best, and I'm still struggling to find it to this day.
    I propose you to talk about your job, and about what your dream job would be (if you don't do it yet).
    This topic is a chance for introspection and inspiration.

Let me begin:

Current job: accountant
    Dream job: no idea

Here's my story:

I studied to become an accountant (and currently am). I studied accounting because it offers good wages and a lot of job opportunities where I live, and I didn't know what else to do... but after 1,5 years experience, I figured out this job is too stressful and mentally overwhelming for me, and I'd like to keep my mental health/resources for another job. I want to feel useful, and I don't want to exhaust my brain anymore with tax/law riddles, figures and short deadlines. I reached a point where I get headaches everyday and stop sleeping because I don't want to start the a work-day over again..

The circumstances/luck allow me to completely change my life (before burnout!!!), so I've decided to move to Norway next year, but I've no idea which work to do.

Here are my skills/strenghts:
    -I speak french, english, have a good level of russian and started learning norwegian (which I find very easy) 6 months ago.
    -I'm very comfortable with computers (repairing them, coding at an intermediate level).
    -I can learn very fast, and I'm not afraid of doing something different

During previous interships:
    -I worked with salesmen in a glasses shop (and performed every possible task, from changing plastic parts from customers' glasses, to vacuuming the floor)
    -I worked in a sports center and performed administrative tasks, but also cashed in customers, sold them subscriptions, coffees, beers, proteins, etc... and took reservations by phone. I even had to give tennis lessons during one afternoon, because the coach wasn't there and school pupils needed someone to make them discover tennis (I never practiced it EVER before, but somehow, everything went well).
    -I worked in a city hall, with the mayor's secretary
    -I won't talk about my current job here.

Here are my flaws:
    -I'm not very agile with my hands, and can't lift a lot of weight
    -I don't like being underpressure (I've heard that norwegian society values well being at work, and people work at their own rythm. Hard-working is seen as a way to show others we are superior to them, and it's taboo/badly seen in the norwegian culture, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore).
    -I can't work at night, unless I don't have the choice. I would be a zombie and completly uneffective with such schedules.

Do you have a idea which job would suit me? Do you think your job might be ok for me?
    I think working in an area where tourism is involved could suit me well because of languages, and of my previous experiences with customers. As a guide, or working in a hotel maybe? I'd love to fix computers too, but there aren't a lot of job offers, and I've got no diploma/experience I can rely on.
    Last edited by azerty54; 09-11-2020 at 05:32 PM.