Thanks

Legal/Practical advice with regards to Brute-Forcing passwords

I have some questions about Brute-forcing/cracking passwords in MC and in general. I don't need any advice with how to do it as I am familiar with various tools such as Hydra with BackTrack and Eggcrack ( which I appreciate this forum for sharing). Answers to any of my questions would be very much appreciated.
    1. Although this question is not very relevant in the absolute, I'll ask just to make sure, is brute-forcing for the purpose of accessing someone else's account legal?
    2. How likely is it(if at all) that a generic server(not necessarily minecraft authentication/login) would attempt to track an IP suspected of trying crack a user(s) password?
    3.How likely is it(if at all) that, that server would take matters into their own hands and attempt to ban me through my IP ( or other identifiable) from their services?
    4.How likely is it(if at all) that, that server would report this behavior to FBI and some other law enforcement agency in hopes to take action against me?
    5. What would the amount of punishment vary from?
    6. Would the use of techniques to conceal my identity hurt my case?
    7. Are methods such as anonymous-proxies, I2P networks, and VPN networks effective at masking my identity?
    8. Do your think that risk of attempting to crack passwords (using technique(s) stated above) is worth it?
    Any info. on how Mojang would deal with this, would also be appreciated. Sorry if this is not relevant enough to be posted to minecraft help, if so where could I ask for help on this topic?
    Last edited by kicknickr; 01-24-2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Mistake

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    It is up to Mojang to press charges on people.. Like.. Sure if you go ahead and get all of their database, they can legally sue you for LOTS of moneys which people dont have. Otherwise, a minor thing like that.. Theyd look into it and make sure it becomes safer. Uhm..

2. How likely is it(if at all) that a generic server(not necessarily minecraft authentication/login) would attempt to track an IP suspected of trying crack a user(s) password?

Whut? Uhm.. Cracking is done through the help of proxies. Most of the cracks are in the form of a dictionary attack. Few attacks to log in from one ip, that ip gets blocked or banned.

3.How likely is it(if at all) that, that server would take matters into their own hands and attempt to ban me through my IP ( or other identifiable) from their services?

What server? as in player hosted ones? They cant do that. They wouldnt have a clue to whether it is an account which is not the right owner.. Next time.. Spread your questions out.. Its like.. irreadable..

Proxies are safe to hide your ass, but through a long process with the right equipment and right people its traceable.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    1. no it's not legal, you are breaking and entering into private userdata
    2. not likely, however, repeated connections from 1 server can cause an ipban to prevent server overload
    3. Not so likely, unless you grief a server and keep commin back with other accounts
    4. That chance is 0. Unless u'd hack the mc account of a giant server owner like hivemc. But even then you can get away with it.
    5. not sure, but if you want to know search: punishment stealing online private data; hacking into useraccounts punishment
    6. no
    7. Vpn's are, especially if you ise a good one. Proxies never hurt and so a decent job
    8. all your choice.

I crack alts litterally 24/7, nonstop. and i've done it for quite some time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IWillNeverUnderstand For This Useful Post:

kicknickr (01-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for your response. What did you mean by Mojang making it safer? Also proxies, if not anonymous, when relaying the request to the login servers(not necessarily for minecraft) can include the original ip that send the request in the header of the packet(s). I've used Eggcrack for MC and continue using the same list of proxies and I'm pretty sure most can still connect to the login servers so can I assume that the MC login servers dont check for brute-forcing? By servers in the 3rd question I still meant any generic server i.e. email or any other game server with logins. Also, how would the right equipment and right people, be able to track where a packet originally came from, if it has no identifiable info. and the proxy service does not keep any logs ( as it is not located in the US).

Thanks
    to wanpwire. Thanks for your response. What did you mean by Mojang making it safer? Also proxies, if not anonymous, when relaying the request to the login servers(not necessarily for minecraft) can include the original ip that send the request in the header of the packet(s). I've used Eggcrack for MC and continue using the same list of proxies and I'm pretty sure most can still connect to the login servers so can I assume that the MC login servers dont check for brute-forcing? By servers in the 3rd question I still meant any generic server i.e. email or any other game server with logins. Also, how would the right equipment and right people, be able to track where a packet originally came from, if it has no identifiable info. and the proxy service does not keep any logs ( as it is not located in the US).

Thanks
    to niels1189. thankyou for the insightful info.