Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Savefiles and LEGACY

So I had this game LONG before they changed the whole bloodweb so I did have full legacy on multiple characters before the deadline. But my question lies in if there is a way for me to get them back. When the glitch which caused a save file to disappear was common I was affected and lost everything. Of course I got millions of bloodpoints from the Devs but I never got my Legacy back. Anyone know a safe way or somehow to reacquire them?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Cheating in Legacy has never been safe and will probably never be safe.

You need to take a few things into consideration if you want to add Legacy. Most of these things you aren't able to change and need to have already.

- Your account activation date. This is the equivalent to the date in which you purchased Dead by Daylight. You can go into Steam Account Details, Licenses and Activations to get this date. Do not confuse this date with your other Dead by Daylight DLC's. The Legacy time period was from Aug to Nov 24th 2016. Your account should be before, or during that date.

- Your account hours. You should have at least 100 hours.

- Your DLC. Back when Legacy was still available to get legitimately, The Last Breath Chapter (Nurse and Nea DLC) was a downloadable DLC. Meaning it would show up in your DLC library for DBD. Now The Last Breath comes pre-installed with DBD and there is no way to get it added back in.

- Your prestige achievements. Look at when you unlocked your Prestige 1,2 and 3 achievements. If you don't have them unlocked, unfortunately you wont be able to add them without the dates being this year. And this is also what everyone normally looks at when you wear legacy, if the dates are from this year or have no dates at all they will report you for cheating and if your profile is private (some) will also assume you're cheating and report you. It's a lose-lose situation if you don't already have the dates.

- Your prestige dates. On your save file, every character that has normal or legacy prestige has a date associated with each prestige. Fortunately, you can change these. You do have to be careful though, at around the release of the Nurse (and Nea), is when the devs implemented these prestige dates. If you have an account with an activation date before that date, and want to Legacy Prestige other characters besides the Nurse and nea, you can simply use Null's Save Editor to add Legacy. This will add a date from the year 0001. If you have an account activation date after the release of The Nurse, or would like to Legacy Prestige the nurse you will have to manually implement dates from that time period.

As you can see, if you weren't there to unlock Legacy legitimately, you really can't without asking for your account to get banned. Best is to play without Legacy.

All the best,
    Bo0sted.

Thanks
    Well I had Legacy legit before, but as stated I lost it when my savefile was erased because the devs were incompetent back then

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by chillydude2019 View Post
    Well I had Legacy legit before, but as stated I lost it when my savefile was erased because the devs were incompetent back then
    Doesn't matter. No0b3 on Youtube had the same problem, he added back his Legacy and got banned.

All the best,
    Bo0sted.

Thanks
    As long as you have the steam achievements you are good to go.
    Keep this in mind: u need to change the order of your characters in your savefile (besides changing the prestige dates). Don't add items, just change character order and prestige dates. The original characters have a different date code than nea and Nurse.
    After adding legacy, always keep your profile public so you can reduce people reporting you for wearing "fake" legacy when they check your profile and see you have the achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bo0sted View Post
    Doesn't matter. No0b3 on Youtube had the same problem, he added back his Legacy and got banned.
    I think he was trash talking. He never had the achievements and he was trying to say that his achievements got reset. His profile is now private, so noone was able to double check. I think noob3 was just lying and never had legit legacy in the first place, and in case he had it he just was to stupid and made mistakes with his savefile.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ForgotMyInfo For This Useful Post:

Family Guy (08-16-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I remember doing this myself, and changing the time of when I unlocked Legacy for Nea and Nurse to a little bit after whenever the DLC came out for the both of them. I used a save file with all of the defualt chars. having legacy unlocked already. your best bet is to honestly either wait for someone to come out with another save file editor, or a save file injector and implenting someone's save that has their's completely maxed with as much legacy as you can get. but... for now just play the game properly, the game is stupid as is, no point in making it even more stupid.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0sted View Post
    Cheating in Legacy has never been safe and will probably never be safe.

- Your DLC. Back when Legacy was still available to get legitimately, The Last Breath Chapter (Nurse and Nea DLC) was a downloadable DLC. Meaning it would show up in your DLC library for DBD. Now The Last Breath comes pre-installed with DBD and there is no way to get it added back in.

press windows button + R type this steam://install/509060 and you have the last breath chapter in your dlc library

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jakubr21 For This Useful Post:

steampunk123 (03-24-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jakubr21 View Post
    press windows button + R type this steam://install/509060 and you have the last breath chapter in your dlc library
    Bannable or safe?

Thanks
    so if you have the steam achievements the legit way then you are safe and wont be banned?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetix01 View Post
    so if you have the steam achievements the legit way then you are safe and wont be banned?
    Depends. Did you list progress back then and with that legit legacy? Then you might be get away by hacking legacy back to your savefile. But you need to change your entire savefile to make it look legit aswell

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgotMyInfo View Post
    Bannable or safe?
    Ofcourse its safe.

Thanks
    So I had this game LONG before they changed the whole bloodweb so I did have full legacy on multiple characters before the deadline. But my question lies in if there is a way for me to get them back. When the glitch which caused a save file to disappear was common I was affected and lost everything. Of course I got millions of bloodpoints from the Devs but I never got my Legacy back. Anyone know a safe way or somehow to reacquire them?
    The best way is to keep asking the devs for it. Even if they saying no there are cases where they gave back legacy (if it was legitimately made)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    There was a time period when the Savegame Editor was working and undetected. A lot of people hacked legacy including me. I never got banned. You could change the unlock date to make it seem legit.
    But as of now there is no hack that is undetected. If you try to hack legacy now you will most likely get banned. Sorry :/

- - - Updated - - -

they could have banned him because he is a public figure and they can see in his video if he hacked legacy. but idk. I think most people never got banned for hacking legacy if done right. i never got banned.

Thanks
    i created a new account, cheated legacy 3 on all of them and havent been banned until now. been around a year now. just turn everything private on steam. literally anything, even for friends. better safe than sorry

Thanks
    If I have legit legacy dates, can I still get banned for putting legacy in for characters that I didn’t earn properly if they satisfy the achievement dates? For example putting legacy 1 in for every character if I was legacy 1 legit back in the day?
    Last edited by waifurs; 10-06-2019 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Wrong text

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast