Thread: Packet hacking

Thanks

Question Packet hacking

need some help about packet hack (edit tools and so on)
    som tutorial it vil be good too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    packet editing I assume you are talking about IS illegal and you can get big fines for it, or if they nice they will just lifetime ban you from game by range ip ban contacting isp provider etc.

don't do it unless you really know what your doing anyway

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    LegendaryFail, I think he means more like using packet loggers to exploit more 'online based' games in which most common client methods naturally aren't as successful. But, <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    oh shit toy and his flames

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Oh you, dk173

• 1. I added a <3 after because I like LegendaryHack - this means I wasn't flaming and you can't read
    • 2. I added an actual reply to the users question - you didn't, meaning i'm infracting you for spamming in my section

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryhack View Post
    packet editing I assume you are talking about IS illegal and you can get big fines for it
    packet editing isn't illegal. There is no law saying which order the ones and zeros must come out of your network card. All you would be doing is just changing your ram "before it makes it out the network card." And remember, we are allowed to have "hacking" sites because we are only modifying our ram, which we own. Once we modify "AND RELEASE" an executable, we are infringing on copyrights which is illegal. Also once we change memory on someone elses computer "maliciously" (without their consent or indirect [must be indirect as most people have no idea what is going on in the background] knowledge) Then we are breaking the law.

or if they nice they will just lifetime ban you from game by range ip ban contacting isp provider etc.
    They will never "range ip ban" anyone from a game as there may be users who are not breaking the EULA who may be affected by this. Infact I have never heard of anyone being "ip banned" from a professionally produced game (game wide, not server wide). This is what cd-key's are for.

don't do it unless you really know what your doing anyway
    Don't [say] it unless you really know what [you're] [saying] anyway

Quote Originally Posted by BUREK5 View Post
    need some help about packet hack (edit tools and so on)
    som tutorial it vil be good too
    packet editing is a bit advanced unless you are already familiar with network programming (using send/recv / sendto/recvfrom at least) and I would suggest starting a bit simpler. however, assuming you have the necessary programming experience, I will give a brief rundown of how you would setup such a hack.

Personally I run the IAT (import address table) and hook the send/recv functions to point to my wrapper functions (which can decide whether or not to call the actual functions)which provide any feature I want directly. Replacement_send could look through the buffers of actions on their way to the server and make minor changes ect. One example would be to take a string AA BB CC DD EE where AA contains the length on the command (5 bytes) BB contains the command itself (an enumerated value given to a command such as COMMAND_MOVE equ 1) CC contains the X value to move to, and DD contains the Y value. While EE controls which unit to move to the coordinates.

You could then take the command 05 01 2E 3C 36 and change it into 05 03 2E 3C 36 where 03 is COMMAND_ATTACKMOVE. then anytime you try to tell some unit to move, they are told to attack move instead.

somthing like this, although I'm doing this very rough. And done in asm as I don't code in anything else. =p
    Code:
    Replacement_send proc uses esi socket:DWORD, buffer:DWORD, len:DWORD, flags:DWORD
    mov esi, buffer
    @@:
    lodsb
    .if al == 5
      lodsb
      .if al == 01
        dec esi
        mov byte [esi], 03
      .endif
    .elseif al < len
    dec al
    add esi, al
    jmp @B ;Yes this is pretty bad, but you should get the idea of what needs to be done to loop here.
    .endif
    invoke send, socket,buffer,len,flags
    Replacement_send endp

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    @Jakor,and your paragraph on it not being illegal.

It depends what you are editing if you edit something that costs money or harms the server in anyway then it is considered illegal.

Lets bring in Combat Armz (s) in as an example if you edit the game to get yourself free nx that is illegal and you can be fined for this. If you are only editing things on your own computer and no other networks then it is legal. If you do not believe me read up more on this matter

Also to back up my point and so I do not have to post a massive post just to prove my point I will bring in another person who I know know's his shit on this topic so here:

Quote Originally Posted by Labyrnth
    If you packet edit and modify server data you are in the red simply because that is owned by the person/company's on their server.

^ That is illegal. Compromising any pc without permission
    If yo do it on your own machine it is ok. If you do it across the internet it is not. And yes you do have to steal or modify data to be fined or jailed for it if your caught.
    Take a look around on the internet of the numerous hackers who got caught.
    Top of the line they compromised a machine without permission.
    Look up some cyber laws. #1 Compromising a machine without permission.
    No matter what they did to get jailed the end result is a machine was compromised without permission.

So to anyone if you think your safe by what you have heard others say, then go for it. I just look at what the law says as a whole. Any compromise of a machine not belonging to you or without permission from the owner, you are illegal.

Blizzard: thats a good example, look what happened to that group of game hackers.
    In the whole view, they reversed the game client.
    But.....the point is, they used packet sniffing to aid them to listen to the software's communications with a game server. It was used against them for the ruling.

They made a tool and blizzard said they copied pieces of their software to make it.

Game Hackers said:
    "Our developers have not gotten their hands on Battle.net software," he said. "All they did was watch some packet traffic between a server and games."

Al-tho i dont agree with the outcome of this case, because they created the software, It was not blizzards code even tho it worked the same way and was coded to communicate differently. Sure they got packets to know how it worked. But then they coded it after they understood the operations of it, made it reroute the battlenet connection to be able to be used in private servers.
    They didn't steal, or damage blizzards battle net server. Just made some tools.
    So with packet editing you take your chances on the out come will be doing it.

Note there are a few more game companies filing simular lawsuits since this as well.
    Also, I am taking into consideration that you may packet edit, but just because you do it doesn't mean its not illegal -.-
    Last edited by LegendaryAbbo; 05-30-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks
    @Jakor,and your paragraph on it not being illegal.

It depends what you are editing if you edit something that costs money or harms the server in anyway then it is considered illegal.

Lets bring in Combat Armz (s) in as an example if you edit the game to get yourself free nx that is illegal and you can be fined for this. If you are only editing things on your own computer and no other networks then it is legal. If you do not believe me read up more on this matter

Also to back up my point and so I do not have to post a massive post just to prove my point I will bring in another person who I know know's his shit on this topic so here:

Also, I am taking into consideration that you may packet edit, but just because you do it doesn't mean its not illegal -.-
    Thievery aside, you're post backed up everything I said. Look at the WOW server's they have emulated. Viewing/Modifying the data being sent will not be illegal. It is completely possible to re-write a Battle.net metaserver and reroute the clients without ever breaking the EULA. This is what I was saying, and what you said was completely illegal if you look at your post. Blizzard had their fair share of buffer overflow exploits which the exploitation of these would fall into the illegal category. But simple modification of packets like he said is not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Oh you, dk173

• 1. I added a <3 after because I like LegendaryHack - this means I wasn't flaming and you can't read
    • 2. I added an actual reply to the users question - you didn't, meaning i'm infracting you for spamming in my section
    What a good reply.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thank you sir and welcome back Jakor. Now, when I type my reply to this thread it means it's the actual way things are... If you are to modify the way you catch or construct packet data, you are truly in the legal and just like any other game hacker. In almost all cases, the illegal came with making your own servers, modifying source code and interrupting their profits. I have to say Combat Arms is a bad example because they've only filed invalid DMCA notifications. I think Labyrnth is also confused, beings countless Blizzard hacking sites remain but only the ones who do such illegal things, as I noted, have ever been shut down. You are all correct in some way and should drop it, but for the record Jakor usually knows what he's talking about. I still love you though Legend!
    Last edited by Toymaker; 05-30-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I was just trying to save BUREK5 the trouble of fucking up his game and getting in shit for it anyway >_>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    packet editing for a free game??? you ppl are RETARDED, you risk you fucking life for a G_A_M_E, lol

no flame intetioned