Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Help cracking chess-bot

I've been up for like 6 hours trying to crack this damn software, to no avail. I've since given up, and am now asking for someone else to help me crack it. I don't know what sort of information is helpful, so I'll just tell you where you can download it at.

you can find it at chess-bo*****m, just do a google search for "chess bot" and it's usually the second link.

Simply download the trial and see what you can do I guess. Let me know if any of you can manage anything. any help at all is much appreciated.

let me know if i'm breaking any rules, i'm very new to this site and haven't posted much at all, just want to be sure.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undeadbread For This Useful Post:

ejku3 (06-05-2022),petar1x (12-20-2017),tryhard 17 (06-09-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    What extra features do you get by buying it?
    Why isn't the trial version enough?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyb1t For This Useful Post:

AlexChampio (04-28-2021),pera 55555 (01-08-2017)

Thanks
    Got the same problem as mentioned above, so extra features: basically the trail limits the number of moves to 15.

So... When you reach 15 moves the bot stops working and it says you need to purchase to use it afterwards.

Using OllyDBG and injecting the trial version, found the "Must enter activation key" text string, and changed the jump to JNZ, JE, JG, etc. I suspect there is something else to do since it was already "JMP" and changing it does nothing when trying to activate, just says invalid, etc
    Attempted to find high-value DLLs, like DigitalID, SendDigID, etc, and attempted to find the TEST EAX, after finding *a* EAX, entering the key, still didn't work.

Basically this program is pretty easy to crack but I have no idea how to do it. If you could help me out and crack the trial version I will forever love you
    Thanks for the help and suggestions, cheers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to P3pp3rM4n For This Useful Post:

pera 55555 (01-08-2017)

Thanks
    Well downloaded it but a little bit suspicious with 33kb and an exe file + detected as virus damn.... are you sure you gave the right link

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Use it or leave it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by P3pp3rM4n View Post
    Well downloaded it but a little bit suspicious with 33kb and an exe file + detected as virus damn.... are you sure you gave the right link
    Did you try it? I found almost the exact same text as you wrote above on another forum in which I'm not allowed to mention.
    That's you?

Why won't you trust a exe which has 10 false positives by some shitty AV's and the rest is good? VirusTotal

Last edited by greyb1t; 05-14-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks
    So, is nobody actually able to crack it?

- - - Updated - - -

I assume it's pretty easy, I just lack the know-how.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadbread View Post
    So, is nobody actually able to crack it?

- - - Updated - - -

I assume it's pretty easy, I just lack the know-how.
    Well, I did.
    Look at my post above with a mega link. Download and run that file and the bot should be registered.

Thanks
    i don't trust anything with 10 malicious reports from 10 different virus softwares. the link is also sketchy and the download is far too small imo.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    i don't trust anything with 10 malicious reports from 10 different virus softwares. the link is also sketchy and the download is far too small imo.
    Well, your loss. Go pay the 10 bucks instead. Ever heard of a virtual machine? Well, that's what you use if you're not trusting a software. Btw, I took the download down. If you still got it on your computer, good for you. If not, too bad.
    I can't be bothered anymore with people who don't know shit.

Image of proof:

Thanks
    well fuck, send me to hell for being paranoid. It's just concerning when there are 10 different virus scans telling you it's got all sorts of malicious stuff going on. All you really had to do was post the proof. and what is that crack.bat, is that not important? or the chessbot.pb.20.exe, are those irrelevant? because as far as I'm aware, and correct me if i'm wrong, they weren't included in the download, nor were they a part of the original content from the chess bot website.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    well fuck, send me to hell for being paranoid. It's just concerning when there are 10 different virus scans telling you it's got all sorts of malicious stuff going on. All you really had to do was post the proof. and what is that crack.bat, is that not important? or the chessbot.pb.20.exe, are those irrelevant? because as far as I'm aware, and correct me if i'm wrong, they weren't included in the download, nor were they a part of the original content from the chess bot website.
    The "crack.bat" is the batch script which "cracks it" and gives a license to the computer. I later just converted that too an .exe to avoid leaking of the method.
    The "chessbot.pb.20.exe" is the unpacked version which I needed to reverse it and see how the license system works.
    If you still got it on your computer, use it. If not, you're on your own.

- - - Updated - - -

// Edit

Just tried out the bot with the crack. It works great, but why would you want to have a bot play chess for you?
    Isn't that quite boring?

Thanks
    alright, my apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

also, it's very entertaining, but besides that, it does help one improve by seeing the correct moves being played out for you. I can analyze a game in real time, observe specific plays in the moment to understand why they're being played that way and attempt to implement that play-style into my own. the same could be achieved using the after game computer analysis, but seeing it in real time puts you in the mindset of actually playing the game, which makes it easier to subconsciously implement the strategies in your own play-style and it makes it easier to analyze the game whilst your opponent reacts to "your" moves, which isn't something you can obtain by using the computer analysis. and I can use it against my friend which would be hysterical. (we often play each other in on lichess.)
    Last edited by undeadbread; 05-14-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Well, do you still have it left on the computer?, otherwise I'll upload it again.
    Because for some reason now I feel bad, damn I'm wayy too soft of a person. I need to work on being colder.

Thanks
    I don't have it, no, but if you're sure about that it'd be appreciated. I didn't mean to offend you originally, I hope you can understand where I was coming from.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast