Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

What was the fastest programming language you learned and how quick was it?

So far I’m currently learning python, curious to see how fast everyone else learned and what languages you guys know

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    started a Programming language class not knowing what the language was and it turned out to be java, within a week or too i picked it up and liked it so much i started doing it on my own time and in a month i was 2 classes ahead (it goes by programming 1, 2, and then AP(Advanced Placement)) and just had so much fun with it, kinda dropped it and learning C++ Now, pythons a really cool language i tried to learn it for a bit and got into it, but stuff came up and completely forgot about it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieSS View Post
    started a Programming language class not knowing what the language was and it turned out to be java, within a week or too i picked it up and liked it so much i started doing it on my own time and in a month i was 2 classes ahead (it goes by programming 1, 2, and then AP(Advanced Placement)) and just had so much fun with it, kinda dropped it and learning C++ Now, pythons a really cool language i tried to learn it for a bit and got into it, but stuff came up and completely forgot about it
    Nice with the Java/c++, I feel the same about forgetting the programming languages, it’s a bit of a pain lol

Thanks
    Personally I picked up Python pretty fast(maybe 3 weeks), but then took months to refine it. Also learned HTML in a few days if that counts lol

Thanks
    Very cool! Learning C++

Thanks
    CSS :>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks
    Html/Css, very quick.
    In like 1-2 months I learned it, it depends on how much you try.
    The best way to learn it is actually to practice it, not only by watching tutorials.
    JS was also pretty easy for me.

Thanks
    The first language you learn is usually the hardest.
    I started with C, it took me around 2 months to get into everything about it and it was pain.
    Started learning Java afterward, Learning same concepts basically took no time, Only the syntax changed.

I remember I read an article, Learning any language after you first (if you learned your first properly) will only take you 3 days or less if you are a good learner.

Contact me
    IM | Private Message
    Email: mrbanonkiel@protonmail.com

Accepting BTC & ETH

Thanks
    I actually started with C# and I got the hang of it pretty quickly, but I put some hard work.
    I recomend Python/HTML+CSS as a first language though

Graphic Designer & Coder

C# | Java | C++ | C | SQL | HTML | CSS
    Behance
    Deviant Art
    MAL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Actually matLAB aka MIT version of python, i was able to learn it within 3days

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Python is a great language to start learning programming but may be hard to transition into other programming languages later.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    I was building bots in Javascript for a certain, popular, gaming chat room service (that I can't type because it will be redacted) and I decided that using Javascript was a severe waste in resources, as hooking a database to it was very tedious for what i wanted to do.

SO I decided to use python.

With the knowledge of Object-oriented languages I already had and having never touched python before, I had a nearly functional prototype bot running in python within a day, and within a week I was creating new projects with nothing but the documentation of the library, and python.
    --- Hack to learn, don't learn to hack.

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    I first learned Java, which was pretty interesting and fun to have as a course in comparison with all the boring theory stuff. This took about 4 months to get to the point where you can confidently say you can code in Java. The next programming languages I saw were R and SPSS, which didn't took nearly as long. R has a lot more to it than you might first think so I am currently still learning the more sophisticated machine learning / AI methods. I also had a course about SAS (anyone here knows what this is?), a fairly old programming language. We have also briefly seen SQL (does it count as a programming language?), Matlab and C++. In my free time I have also picked up Python along the way and I'm currently still following several online courses for this.

It is true what @StarDust147 said, the first programming language is the hardest. But you can't actually compare Java with R because that would be like comparing apples to pears. You can immediately tell some programming languages will be easier to learn (like learning python after already mastering Java and R) and others will be a bit more difficult (for example SAS and SQL).
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    AHK, if you even consider it a language.
    I’m living everyday like a hustle, another drug to juggle. Another day, another struggle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieSS View Post
    I wouldnt recommend you lose an acquired skill if I were you. Some are very eager to acquire that skill but are having a hard time.